World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
The world is fun if you make it fun, doing loremaster has been enjoyable and some of the questlines are legitimately cool. But that's mostly old world shit. Suramar was amazing pve content imo but most of us have done that by now multiple times.

It's really just what you make of it though. World bosses take zero coordination and rare hunting isn't exactly the top of the line content, but it's still better than broken shore lmao

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I mean M+ is a pretty good system for all we complain. When has any wow expansion made dungeons so relevant after a year. Maybe vanilla? To some extent I guess.

Challenge modes were better in MoP in my opinion. Wish they would have stuck with them or morphed them in to a weird mythic+ hybrid. For instance if you bronze them then you get your weekly chest, silver upgrades the loot, and gold for a "season" of them gives weapon/armor mogs along with mounts and titles. You could keep ramping the difficulty up for gold completion over seasons like they transitioned mythic+ so that the hardcore can get their shiny stuff that sets them apart while completing the base levels gives out the charity gear.

edit: also fuck affixes the challenge mode dungeons were hard because they were tuned well. Not because of artificial bullshit to try and keep ilevel over power in check.

Last edited:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Challenge modes were better in MoP in my opinion. Wish they would have stuck with them or morphed them in to a weird mythic+ hybrid. For instance if you bronze them then you get your weekly chest, silver upgrades the loot, and gold for a "season" of them gives weapon/armor mogs along with mounts and titles. You could keep ramping the difficulty up for gold completion over seasons like they transitioned mythic+ so that the hardcore can get their shiny stuff that sets them apart while completing the base levels gives out the charity gear.

edit: also fuck affixes the challenge mode dungeons were hard because they were tuned well. Not because of artificial bullshit to try and keep ilevel over power in check.

Man, thats all fine and dandy. I actually think its a good idea. But fuck having to invis past mobs just to get the timer down. That shit was infuriating when either I fucked up or a group member fucked up.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wish they'd re release the four world Dragons. Those were actually very challenging to do.
Not really. The only challenging part was beating other guilds to them on server coming up.

We would hit all 4 world dragons plus kazzak and whatever the dragon in azshara was before other guilds would even log in.

We were on pvp so the only challenge was when some guild would fear our tank

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm surprised with the amount of emphasis they've put into dungeon rewards and mythic+ system that this xpac doesn't have more dungeons. I mean it has a lot I think but nowhere near Wrath King. Pushing keys is fun. Super challenging in it's own aspect too. Higher keys are more unforgiving then Mythic TOS, but since you are a smaller group you can have that strong core and do some miraculous things with it.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Man, thats all fine and dandy. I actually think its a good idea. But fuck having to invis past mobs just to get the timer down. That shit was infuriating when either I fucked up or a group member fucked up.

Yah that did suck. However the only time you needed an invis pot and it could be fucked up hard was the hallway after first boss in to the ledge jump in palace. The rest were pretty simple invis this hallway with no real timing involved.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Higher keys get pretty gnarly, individual mobs actually have mechanics, who would have thought?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Highest I've done is 17, we still just slammed the mobs in a group and aoe'd them down rotating stuns. Dunno much about mechanics for that.

edit: So I usually just settle for a 15. Pretty much every affix (as a dps) can be ignored aside from explosive. That one is a dick slam in the door fest.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, there needs to be a reason to go higher than a 15 at this point.

And sure you can group up and aoe them down on certain weeks but you definitely can not do that every single week or you just die like an idiot. Either way it's always challenging no matter what as a healer so I guess that's probably why I like it.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Only need a 10 this week right?

Yah ten will give max loot.

xzi xzi The only thing any affix does is alter the size of the group you pull. Explosive/bursting/bolstering you just pull one to two groups instead of two to four like every other week. You're still killing at roughly the same pace. Necrotic too maybe but I haven't run with a tank under 925 equipped in forever so they don't seem to have much of an issue. I'm sure higher keys are more "fun" as a healer because you have to heal the damage regardless so you always have something to do. Although I have run with some resto druids who drop 400k+ single and do dot spreads on trash so I'm sure even healers have boring weeks.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Cool, I saw on Twitch someone going through a bunch of Surimar content as disc priest. Just gathered mobs and AOEd them down. Looked fun.

How they have aoe on long cooldown only with talents, did they change something major this patch?

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Might have been a holy. From what I understand shadow priests will run old/easy content as holy just so they can AoE stuff down easily.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Discipline has no AoE whatsoever, holy has spammable Holy Nova that hits hard even in relevant content. Against trivial mobs or heroic / low mythic dungeons, running holy instead of shadow, is actually a dps gain. I hope they will finally stop being retarded and give Shadow Nova to shadow priests, so they can actually be invited for all content instead of being forced to play healers in dungeons.
The amount of design retardation delivered to us in the last two expansions is mind boggling, there is more than one spec design concept that raised a few eyebrows before launch and ended up even worse than expected. Some specs are really good and fun to play tho, that I'll concede.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Balance wise, WoW would have less problems if everything was account-wide like Guild Wars 2. Nowadays WoW requires commitment over character, which is sometimes relevant (arenas, RBG, feats of strength) but most of the time inappealing (PvE feats, questlines, Suramar, artefact unlocks, etc). You should be rewarded if you're commiting to a character for top progress PvP or PvE wise. You shouldn't have to start from scratch on any other character account wise.

I'm aware setting everything account-wide would require a lot of database work but it, in my opinion, is what refrains most players switching characters during their WoW gaming experience. It's not about forcing people to play FotM meta classes, it's about giving them choices without nerfing their RPG progression. Nowadays WoW tells us to "bring the player, not the class". How about WoW starts to reward the player, not the class ?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I get where you are going with that, and for the current WoW I agree that it would be for the best if they just went all in with account binding. Not going to lie though, I miss the old days vanilla-wrath where you only really played one or two characters. Bad players were still bad players but at least if you saw someone in tier from the current relevant raid you could be fairly certain they had put some time in their class. I started messing around with my druid when the feral changes hit and I went from 813 ilvl to 905 off of lfr, wq, and one normal ToS. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well I thought about it and decided nobody gives a shit if your druid is 905 because it's still garbage tier. I've been 930+ for weeks, your druid sucks at 905 and nobody cares about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users