World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Incoming "Inscriptioners can now make a portable crucible that allows up to 30 people to change their crucible traits. Costs 80k in materials to make"

After that people will bitch and moan

Incoming yak with portable crucible that costs 1M gold

Also incoming raid without anywhere to use ground mount so you have to zone out

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yes they're stupid

I haven't heard of a single person that likes this system

That or the Artifact weapons and AP bullshit. You wouldn't THINK that not getting weapon drops for an entire expansion would really make that much of a difference, but in practice it feels so fucking bad to not get new weapons every raid tier.

Also not being able to swap to an alt and get raid geared in 2-3 weeks of farm content and you're only 5-10% behind the top guy...now there's so much shit that goes into being competitive (lol legiondaries) that it's not even worth the fucking hassle to change.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How do I know if my class values traits or ilvl for relics? How do I know what a bis trait is?

"Easy way" -Less accurate
The class discords sometimes have sims run with a template that will rank relics for you. List of Class discords : Class Discord Channels
-In the discord, there are 2 spots that premade sim mists can be. The first is in a FAQ type sub channel. The second would be in the spec sub channel; at the top of the chat window, there is a pin, and it may be pinned there.
-You can also just ask if there is a relic sim sheet for your spec.

"Hard way" -More accurate
There are two sim programs that you would load your character into, then switch out relics with the same ilevel but different dps traits, run the sim for each trait, evaluate the difference in dps. First and oldest program is "simcraft" that can be used offline, and second online only option is "Raidbots".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Thanks for the detailed reply.

That just sounds like a lot of effort to figure out what gear I should be wearing.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Honestly you don't need to do anything but play your character and read the tooltips to figure out what's best unless you absolutely want to min-max. And even then you can just go to warcraftlogs and see what the top parsers are using.

Simulating has always been a waste of time imo.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You don't raid and there aren't any pet relics so it's probably best you don't even worry. If you really wanted you could probably ask @tezzuka but I'm not sure he even unlocked it

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Oh god don't even mention pet relics. Blizzard will make us starting socketing pets for extra abilities and shit and bloat the one good system they hav ein their shitty "game"

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Well laptop "works" again, popped out the battery, put it back in.

Cooling fan is fried, doesn't even spin. Sadly can't just go down to shop and grab a new one.

I'm just gonna hold out a couple weeks and build my own system from parts again. So much easier to deal with.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Simulating has always been a waste of time imo.

Kind of agree, but I've mostly always only played healers. I haven't even simmed ret but I did do my rotation wrong for quite a while so that was a thing. Was using my generators instead of spenders after judging because I'm apparently illiterate ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 1Worf

Rime

<Donor>
mt4pvm6e2gnz.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
For BM hunters there are two sets of traits to focus on. If you want max single target you want the one that makes KC hit harder, and the one that gives it a chance to proc extra damage. For max aoe damage you want the one that makes beast cleave hit harder and the one that makes MS hit harder. I've always focused on the former, and it is a huge dps boost. Hunters are trait over ilevel, so now that you can get both on each relic... it will be damn nice.

xzi

Mouthbreather
you two make me sad I can't eat pizza (on bosses kek) without getting sick but I might order some tomorrow and just take one for the team

• 1Salty

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
How do I know if my class values traits or ilvl for relics? How do I know what a bis trait is?
There's guides for that. Most guides give you a rough equivalent on how much ilvl it adds to the relic. For me, tier0/3 traits go from +0ilvl (non throughput) to +15ilvl. Tier 2 traits give from +0 to +15ilvl as well. You have 4 combo paths possible, so you can pick the combo path that adds the most "ilvl" efficiency to your relic.

A rough rule for me: unless the relic you get is 15ilvl above the current one with a good trait, I'll never socket it before checking the crucible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
you two make me sad I can't eat pizza (on bosses kek) without getting sick but I might order some tomorrow and just take one for the team
I need some pizza raiding. I did drunk raiding and I don't even rememver kiljaeden

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
if youre in a situation where picking BiS relics actually matters you'll have already put in research to learn that. other than that just go for pure ilevel since that is 90% what will get you invited into groups.