World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh for the love of god...

After defeating a force that has destroyed countless worlds and unlocking the ability to travel through the Twisted Nether to go anywhere in the universe you of course decide to go invade your ally's city instead of, maybe, going to find your own goddamn planet or maybe do something significantly less retarded.

Honestly I hope at some point they let cross faction grouping happen. We have spent a number of expansions now with alliance and horde working in pretty close coordination to go after massive threats. Clearly to achieve a goal or face a threat the horde and alliance can put their differences aside long enough to work together. Hell even after the perceived betrayal at the start of legion in argus alliance and horde are still fighting shoulder to shoulder vs demons. Some factions are never going to get along and that is where you can still do your PVP stuff but it is getting ridiculous that horde and alliance players can't group anymore.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I never understood wanting to play with alliance. The whole universe is built upon the faction war. They come together when it mutually benefits.

I used to be a lore fag, but Panda lore was mediocre, and then WoD lore was the stupidest shit I have ever been through in a game outside of a Bethesda game.

Small example:
There is a quest early in WoD alliance that tells the story of how Naruu, some of the most powerful beings in the universe made of pure "The Light™", turn into dark stars, and it's basically that they get their feelings hurt and all of a sudden they want to kill everyone. Fucking emo bullshit, that writer should stick to writing fanfic.

With the cross realm tech for raiding, it would be a nice convenience to group with anyone and not have to fight for bullshit tags while questing. People come back to the game every xpac, and all of a sudden your old friends are playing on the opposite faction. This leads to complaints and people quitting. If it wasn't for PvP, I think they would have merged a long time ago. They keep trying to get PvP balanced and get more people interested, as if they could make it into an e-sport, but participation is purportedly as low as it has ever been.

Regardless, PvP can still be instanced fine, we are "going back in time" every time you run a BG, so lore doesn't matter, and I would suspect more FFA pvp areas are in the future so they can say that world pvp isn't dead.

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's okay, none of that matters. THIS is the year they announce the super secret official vanilla server!

RIGHT?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Small example:
There is a quest early in WoD alliance that tells the story of how Naruu, some of the most powerful beings in the universe made of pure "The Light™", turn into dark stars, and it's basically that they get their feelings hurt and all of a sudden they want to kill everyone. Fucking emo bullshit, that writer should stick to writing fanfic.

This is also essentially how M'uru and L'ura became dark Naaru, so... yeah. It's not just WoD.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Honestly if they could do some of the legion level scaling in the old world a lot of the cata revamped old zones would be a lot more appealing to people. A lot of those zones are pretty damn fun after their revamp its just that you level so god damn fast its almost impossible to finish them before everything is greyed out to you. Like the red ridge rambo stuff or the quest line that has you fly your motorcycle into the sky to punch death wing IN THE FACE. If you could do scaling ranges to let people at least do some of the zones fully without having to just keep plugging away after everything stops giving you XP it would really help the leveling experience and allow better usage of those zones.

I think this would be a great idea too. Sure all end game stuff is fine, but there's still potential new players to appeal to, and when even a character with zero heirlooms or exp bonuses can outlevel a zone just from quests, it's WAY too fast. and leaves you missing out on a conclusion of the story for that zone. I'm pretty sure with how they implemented it in legion it may not be too terribly difficult to do so on old content.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
yes even sans any heirlooms bare naked newbies the xp gains in the old world very quickly are to fast to actually complete zones before its all green/grey to you. Really throws people off when the cap stone quests of the zones which are generally pretty fun/amusing are just painfully easy and give no real rewards. The scaling tech also would in theory let people go back and do old world content and have fun doing so without everything being just a total walk over. So doing things like the lore master stuff could actually be fun and not just a total snooze fest of killing armies of stuff by yawning at them.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They can scale all they want if it's going to drop relevant items. Or make old ass profession mats relevant.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This is the first MMO I played where professions were essentially irrelevant. In ffxi for instance the entire goddamn economy was run by them

xzi

Mouthbreather
BDO professions are godtier, I actually wanted to farm because I could actually use the items (or better yet, sell them).

Darkmoon cards are fantastic, the crafted BOEs are relatively okay but they quickly fall behind once you do like.. 10 m+ runs

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They tried adding that gear trash compactor thing for +gooder to crafted shit. Still it ended up being a who gives a fuck about it forgettable forge. If they weren't stupid raid bosses like Guldan and KJ would drop items like Ballbag of Guldan which could be crafted into a Orcish Ballbag Necklace which would keep crafting useful.