World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well prydaz is great for aff lock at least

Prydaz also is pretty solid for extra mechanic survivability. It gives you a bit of margin for error when you are learning a fight and its stats for some specs are actually really solid.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
One thing that kinda confused me on wasd for movement keys is why that instead of the more sensible esdf. The latter means your fingers are on the home row without having to shift to type and has more easily accessible buttons for hotkeying than wasd gives you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
I dont even know if Limit is day raiding today, normally they only do 1 day of it. Since they are in the running though it could be anyones guess.

Im watching Sloot's twitch and holy shit is twitch chat pretty much the blizz forums live. its a bunch of 3/9Htos raiders telling mythic raiders how to play.

I also don't know wtf Sloot is doing playing a paladin on Imoner, he has wiped the raid bout 5-6 times himself just getting chunked. BrM/DK/Bear all better options for a guild pushing for top 10, give it a month and it won't matter which tank you use but for top 10 progression you dont use a paladin here.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I dont even know if Limit is day raiding today, normally they only do 1 day of it. Since they are in the running though it could be anyones guess.

Im watching Sloot's twitch and holy shit is twitch chat pretty much the blizz forums live. its a bunch of 3/9Htos raiders telling mythic raiders how to play.

I also don't know wtf Sloot is doing playing a paladin on Imoner, he has wiped the raid bout 5-6 times himself just getting chunked. BrM/DK/Bear all better options for a guild pushing for top 10, give it a month and it won't matter which tank you use but for top 10 progression you dont use a paladin here.
I think paladin is still his main class, despite playing others in the past.

Xerge

<Donor>
I'm really interested in hearing how you folks have your movement keys mapped. I've had my keyboard in the default keymapping since Vanilla, bot only recently started to experiment after I realised that I would click to activate most of my abilities mapped to the function keys. So I ended up re-mapping action keys to the number keys and the qwerty line, and rebinding strafing to a and d (since I used my mouse to turn). I also only needed s for backing a bit as I use my mouse to move forwrad.

Still, I feel as though this is not truly optimal and so thought I'd hear how you folks have it.

This is a good topic; I watched a twitch streamer recently and was floored they were clicking through pve content at max level.

First I found it game changing to swap ctrl and caps lock. Corsair keyboards can do this easily. Either way swapping capslock with the control modifier will open up things, especially for anyone with smaller hands. So that leaves you with two modifiers in easy reach - shift and control. Movement is done via wasd however playing with a mouselook toggle is also a god send. There's an addon at curse that allows for mouselook with a simple keybind to allow for a toggle. I use the extra mouse buttons for this. WoW also has a keybind option for "interact with target" which essentially allows you to loot without the right click.

Here are my keybinds across games and all of my characters.

`, 1, 2, 3, 4 gives you five buttons plus with two modifiers, already you're at a possible 15 keybinds.
q,e,r,f, are another four plus your two modifiers.
z,x,c,v will add four more buttons plus two mods.
spacebar+modifiers does not interfere with jump and is great for auto run or mounting, whatever.
Two mouse buttons + modifiers

This is ultimately 3 bars worth of keybinds and all classes are reduced down to 1 bar worth of combat abilities used consistently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Now method is 9/11 too. If I were a betting man I'd say they're taking this tier unless limit comes in strong today. Methods only been raiding like 7 hours...
Yeah EU reset was just today. Method gonna come out ahead. I bet!

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
One thing that kinda confused me on wasd for movement keys is why that instead of the more sensible esdf. The latter means your fingers are on the home row without having to shift to type and has more easily accessible buttons for hotkeying than wasd gives you.

So you have easier access to Ctrl, Shift, Alt.

I use the standard WASD movement, and 1-7 (standard spells), but also Ctrl+1-7 (buffs, heals, roots), Alt+1-7 (interrupt, innervate), Shift+1-7 (other spells), and Alt+Shift+1-5 (mounts).

• 1Like
  • 1Barf

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So you have easier access to Ctrl, Shift, Alt.

I use the standard WASD movement, and 1-7 (standard spells), but also Ctrl+1-7 (buffs, heals, roots), Alt+1-7 (interrupt, innervate), Shift+1-7 (other spells), and Alt+Shift+1-5 (mounts).

The control shift and alt are all designed to be easily reachable with your ringers on the home row. My key bindings are esdf for movement then I have qwrtaghzxcvbn and then shift of those for my hotkeys. Basically everything is right around the home row so it is easy to hit everything and all major stuff is a single key stroke without having to do keyboard streatching for things like shift+control 6 or 7.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

Hmm... irony?

• 2Worf

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I'm really interested in hearing how you folks have your movement keys mapped. I've had my keyboard in the default keymapping since Vanilla, bot only recently started to experiment after I realised that I would click to activate most of my abilities mapped to the function keys. So I ended up re-mapping action keys to the number keys and the qwerty line, and rebinding strafing to a and d (since I used my mouse to turn). I also only needed s for backing a bit as I use my mouse to move forwrad.

Still, I feel as though this is not truly optimal and so thought I'd hear how you folks have it.

Q and E for strafing, W for forward movement. I back by strafing a bit so no bind for backing up. ASD and shift modifiers for big cooldowns on all classes. 12 button mmo mouse for everything else with a couple of shift modifiers for those too.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And here I am having lost probably 5 different keybind combos i'm used to using on a regular basis in MMO's due to there not being enough abilities on my hotbar in WoW anymore.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
This is a good topic; I watched a twitch streamer recently and was floored they were clicking through pve content at max level.

First I found it game changing to swap ctrl and caps lock. Corsair keyboards can do this easily. Either way swapping capslock with the control modifier will open up things, especially for anyone with smaller hands. So that leaves you with two modifiers in easy reach - shift and control. Movement is done via wasd however playing with a mouselook toggle is also a god send. There's an addon at curse that allows for mouselook with a simple keybind to allow for a toggle. I use the extra mouse buttons for this. WoW also has a keybind option for "interact with target" which essentially allows you to loot without the right click.

Here are my keybinds across games and all of my characters.

`, 1, 2, 3, 4 gives you five buttons plus with two modifiers, already you're at a possible 15 keybinds.
q,e,r,f, are another four plus your two modifiers.
z,x,c,v will add four more buttons plus two mods.
spacebar+modifiers does not interfere with jump and is great for auto run or mounting, whatever.
Two mouse buttons + modifiers

This is ultimately 3 bars worth of keybinds and all classes are reduced down to 1 bar worth of combat abilities used consistently.

Thanks, I need to find out how to have Ctrl switch with Caps Lock while playing WoW. There must be a program for it somewhere. I have a 17 year old keyboard that I refuse to replace since it just fucking works great, otherwise I would try out one of these fancy ass gaming boards.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The control shift and alt are all designed to be easily reachable with your ringers on the home row. My key bindings are esdf for movement then I have qwrtaghzxcvbn and then shift of those for my hotkeys. Basically everything is right around the home row so it is easy to hit everything and all major stuff is a single key stroke without having to do keyboard streatching for things like shift+control 6 or 7.

It would be a challenge for my fingers to press Ctrl+5, while also pressing F.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It would be a challenge for my fingers to press Ctrl+5, while also pressing F.

I don't even use the number keys everything is bound right next to the home row so no long awkward control number stretches needed. I used to do what others here are saying with number row and shift/control over there but that is just awkward for fast access and when I went to esdf and then just mapped all the hotkeys around them its really easy to hit everything. I have been a touch typer for decades and the whole hand off the normal home keys just drove me up a wall when if you do it on the home keys it just opens up a lot of options for rapid usage with minimal hand movement.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Hmm... irony?

Yes, but also prot paladin, out of all of the tanks, requires the most gear to be able to be on par with the rest of the tanks. You're not going to have enough haste, probably ever, but if you do it won't be until deep into the raid.

But with the new tier it will be a lot better than it was in the past.

Also, Sumdain has cleared mythic tomb so I mean, if anyone here can talk about it..

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously the correct set up is to pop a digital keyboard overlay on your screen so that you can click wasd with your mouse.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Haha. The G series easy a guild member. Quite a few of us in guild have the naga and hate it. I don't feel competitive with tiny ass buttons
I love my naga. Been using the same one for almost 8 years now. I’m competitive as fuck with it. Git gud