World of Warcraft: Current Year

Xerge

<Donor>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should I shave my thumbs down to match your tiny baby fingers?

I have the same problem. I love the concept of things like the naga but my hands are so large the buttons function buttons on the side are just really badly positioned to be usable for me. If it fits your hand well I can see really liking that.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't even use the number keys everything is bound right next to the home row so no long awkward control number stretches needed. I used to do what others here are saying with number row and shift/control over there but that is just awkward for fast access and when I went to esdf and then just mapped all the hotkeys around them its really easy to hit everything. I have been a touch typer for decades and the whole hand off the normal home keys just drove me up a wall when if you do it on the home keys it just opens up a lot of options for rapid usage with minimal hand movement.

Just out of curiosoty, what classes do you play? As a BM hunter I have ~15 abilities I need to have as quick access, sure, maybe I can prune it down to 12 if I want to be stingy, which is still more than you seem to need.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Hmm... irony?

you right.

i am not a top 10 in the world raider, but i have gotten cutting edge every tier of this expansion EN/ToV/NH/ToS and Aotc for Antorus. i have every tank 935+ (except paladin) and i understand most of the mechanics for high end tanking.

People in twitch chat however seem to say things like "lol why did you hit the mines" on Imoner. where as my statement was if you are pushing for top 10 you just dont use a pally there. eventually they killed it, but he ended up needing 2 battle rezzes outside of the last phase (Phase5 its acceptable for tanks to die due to how empowered shock lance works).

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Before I bought my G600, I read people do comparisons of the Naga and G600, after using them both; there were many statements on how a slight change in where the side button positions are, made a large difference to them. The G600 has the buttons a little farther forward. The ball of my thumb naturally sits between the first and second row, I bind the 4th row with defensive, due to being a more difficult to hit when I was learning to use it, and can cause me to slightly pan to the side when I hit them.

In the same research, I read that there are slightly different ways that people hold their mouse, and that can cause issues with some of the higher button mice. One of the guys I raid with, just didn't like how heavy the Naga is, when compared to the old 3 button lazer he was using. With a DPI of 8200, I have no issues with a heavier mouse.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just out of curiosoty, what classes do you play? As a BM hunter I have ~15 abilities I need to have as quick access, sure, maybe I can prune it down to 12 if I want to be stingy, which is still more than you seem to need.

I have one of every class only my rogue and paladin are not 110 yet. I mostly play my boomkin druid that works fine for what I have with only a couple shift options used for things like travel form. I think the one class I had to redo some stuff and use shift key options the most with was windwalker monk. They just have so many damn powers that are all basically in their active rotation. But even still I have 13 keys around the home row dedicated to ability use without even hitting shift if you need to use more than 26 powers actively you may be playing EQ2 instead of wow.

One interesting thing I have a beast mastery hunter and they have some of the least amount of powers that get used frequently during combat compared to others. They have a lot of utility stuff that I have mapped to shift + key but their rotational stuff is really basic compared to most classes. I guess if you are hot keying all of the pet abilities that could add some more though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
my arti ability is bound to mouseover x, my trinket is bound to x, my freedom is mouseover shift+x

what kinda nerds put abilities on more than one key

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
For people with larger hands Anyone ever try the Naga Hex where it has the larger buttons in a circle? I've always thought about getting one of those or the Roccat Nymph where you can 3d print buttons. The 16-20 button naga ones are just to small.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
you right.

i am not a top 10 in the world raider, but i have gotten cutting edge every tier of this expansion EN/ToV/NH/ToS and Aotc for Antorus. i have every tank 935+ (except paladin) and i understand most of the mechanics for high end tanking.

People in twitch chat however seem to say things like "lol why did you hit the mines" on Imoner. where as my statement was if you are pushing for top 10 you just dont use a pally there. eventually they killed it, but he ended up needing 2 battle rezzes outside of the last phase (Phase5 its acceptable for tanks to die due to how empowered shock lance works).

Haha I was just messing with you. I agree you have the credentials to comment -- it just made me laugh that you blasted fools for critiquing a world-class raider then went on to critique him a sentence later.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I use a G602. It's pretty good for binding multiple buttons, but I find I don't use it at all. I can hit everything I would need split second on my home row, but I use the AS movement with auto run bound to mouse. However, I completely forgot about esdf. That shit is legit and I used it back in brood wars. I think I'm going to switch to that.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm on EU so I'll be moping all I want I guess. If I were on a US account and playing US times I'd have joined you people long ago.

Anyway up to 937 equipped / 939 bag ilvl thanks to today's m+ weekly chest. 72 traits. Five or six legendaries and three of them are for the wrong spec because I only switched to affliction a few weeks ago. So I'm running with Prydaz & Sephuz.

People trying to sell Argus HC kill for 600k. I guess this is another instance of Archimonde HC runs where after a few months you'll get it for free.

Anyway a new week, new luck, going to try to get into a rando again tonight.

Come live on the wild side with us! Don't be bound to societal norms! Have your Noodles with sauce!

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
These bosses are a lot different than ToS in terms of difficulty.

Garothi was waaaaaaaaaaay easier than goroth. it was just a very small heal requirement needed during the final burn phase. - 3 pulls total

Felhounds holy shit i got trucked on this fight, i ended up wearing class ring and lego helm, just to survive the massive dot and shenanigans. this boss hit harder (due to unpredictability) than KJ, probably the hardest hitting boss on the tanks until Aggramar. - 13 pulls total

on to high command tomorrow.

They also buffed Argus quite a bit on Heroic, i was able to take 7 scythes total last week and only 5 this week.

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
These bosses are a lot different than ToS in terms of difficulty.

Garothi was waaaaaaaaaaay easier than goroth. it was just a very small heal requirement needed during the final burn phase. - 3 pulls total

Felhounds holy shit i got trucked on this fight, i ended up wearing class ring and lego helm, just to survive the massive dot and shenanigans. this boss hit harder (due to unpredictability) than KJ, probably the hardest hitting boss on the tanks until Aggramar. - 13 pulls total

on to high command tomorrow.

They also buffed Argus quite a bit on Heroic, i was able to take 7 scythes total last week and only 5 this week.

We decided to clear our heroic splits to up our ilvl and get more 4p bonuses (just got mine tonight finally) and heading to mythic tomorrow. The first few look easy and just wondering if you're talking about bosses on mythic.

Rime

<Donor>
I wish my class/spec (Frost Mage) had a viable t21 set bonus. Nope! Run more ToS until my eyes bleed!