World of Warcraft: Current Year

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah you can (and prolly should) grind dungeons through all of TBC and wotlk. If you're a tank your q times are negligible.

I'm curious if you can just grind through WoD with dungeons and just skip garrisons 1.0 altogether.
As a Tank right now its 5-7 minutes, so it still gives me a few minutes in between to do questing. But I'm out leveling zones so fast anyway though of course.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm not that hype about legion which is why I think I'll enjoy it. The hype levels for WoD were off the fuckin charts and.. well.. WoD.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Dude, I almost never play alts but I started playing a lock to fuck around with my friend and demo lock is so much fun. SO MUCH AOE. SO MANY IMPS!

khorum

Murder Apologist
That's absolutely worthwhile btw. There's a lot of fucking water to ride over while world-questing and there's even an underwater mini zone with a world boss in suramar. There are like three possible world quests that send you there too. There's a quest that gives you water breathing in the vrykularea nearby so grab that.

khorum

Murder Apologist
In legion you get 150 rep for elite WQs, 50 rep for normal WQs and 300 rep for raid WQs. Unfortunately you only get around 5 WQs up for any faction at any time and they can be pvp, crafting or even pet battle WQs.

Once a WQ is completed there's like a 10 min cool down and another WQ for that faction will spawn on your map.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why did they make collecting transmog stuff such a PITA to collect. I can only add stuff that my character can wear. I thought this stuff was going to be account wide so I don't have run MC and the other crap 4+ times to collect shit for my characters. Fucking a.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have been trying to enjoy Demonology spec warlock and I got it to playable for my old ass. I then changed over to Affliction which i always enjoyed and the damn doors came off. I was giggling, cackling, and I even snorted and might have guffawed even. Holy shit it is smooth as butter, with a small talent change AE is fun, solo is a mass carnage of dotting everything within 30 yards and if stuff beats on me I just laugh. All of this on the regular servers so I am hopeful the artifact stuff just helps. I actually thought happy thoughts about WoW again. Shame! Shame!

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
I've had the exact opposite experience. I like the changes to demo thematically, but it just didn't click as fun for me. Switched to affliction, which has historically been my favorite, and while it has a lot of its BC feel back, it just seemed so slow and boring to me.

Logged over to an old DK, and holy crap, Frost is fun as hell. I'm sold.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Frost is great and as someone who doesnt play Unholy, so is Unholy. I play mostly melee with war dk and enhance shamans in my top 3, for ranged I really enjoy fire and the new boomkin. Elemental still lacks movement for its spells and marksman is just boring as hell right now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Uh dk is fun as shit... Worried I'll choose it right before it gets rape nerfed. Either that or ass rogue but can't decide

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Best place to be right before launch is at the top of the middle heap. If you are too far ahead you'll get the 'oh shit' nerfbat.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
Count me in for really enjoying frost as well. It does feel a bit more clunky than it used to, but dem Frostscythes.
Also, if you haven't noticed, the actual "hitbox" on a lot of the ae abilities (frostscythe, spikes, etc.) is super narrow.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Been playing beta for a couple months now. Hunter, DH, and lock all 110. The new daily system takes a shitton of time, so you probably won't have more than 1-2 toons active at any given time until you cap your reps and artifacts out.

That said, you get not just one, but *TWO* garrisons in this expac. Your class hall, and the town you set up in the final regular zone. You will spend vastly more time in the latter.

Legion brings back the rep grind fever you all know and love from TBC, along with shitty assfuck 'mythic' mode which combines the annoyance of having to manually form groups with the inconvenience of having to travel all the fuck over the map to get to dungeons, because fuck you that's why. The shitty devs that got their asses handed to them over no flying in WOD are back in action, waiting to drive yet more subs away from WOW. If they don't add mythic to lfd system before first quarter is over, I am betting they will be under 2M subs.

Back to reps and that final zone. Suramar has a lot of fun stuff in it, but once you clear out all the stuff you have at any particular unlock stage (locked to rep) you have extremely limited options. You will only have 3-4 WQs in the zone at first, with tiny amounts of faction, so you will be farming this zone for 2-3 months before you get to exalted, which is supposedly when you will unlock the raid area of the zone. That's unconfirmed, but I have personally confirmed that the two Mythic only dungeons in the zone, unlock at 8000/12000 into honored. If you have a tradeskill, you will be forced to spend time in Suramar. Raiding and dungeon progression? Suramar. And there is a fun minigame you get every other day in Suramar where you lead a horde of mana starved NEs through an instance to try to get to the other side. Personally, I have had a lot of fun with it, but I can see where others might not. One thing you get from that is a bank for your little rebel town, so it has a benefit. And it is a nice boost to nightfallen rep when it pops.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Put some time into my Rogue tonight, went from 48-54, using a neat dungeon trick in BRD where you can finish it within like 4 minutes or something and get the complete bonus. Dungeons are stupid experience, and I'm just sitting next to the hellfire pennisula portal waiting to hit outlands, but not sure why? I'll just keep doing dungeons from there too. haha

Dalien

Registered Hodor
I'm curious if you can just grind through WoD with dungeons and just skip garrisons 1.0 altogether.

Well besides the 3x exp potion/bonus objective thing, if you have WoD flying unlocked you can just build a stables in your L1 garrison (so you don't get dismounted picking up shit). Fly around and pickup treasures for a couple hours.

I mean yeah you probably could skip WoD entirely 90-100 and just grind dungeons but I bet it's slow as shit compared to 3x/bonus and treasure farming.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Wasn't access to Tanaan gated behind a max-level step in the legendary ring/garrison campaign? Or are you just talking about treasures in the regular WoD zones? It's been a while so I'm guessing they did away with that requirement huh?