World of Warcraft: Current Year

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Dev Watercooler: World of Warcraft Classic - WoW

"After careful consideration, we decided on Patch 1.12: Drums of War as our foundation, because it represents the most complete version of the classic experience. " Yasss...

That's a major disappointment. I mean, we got to raid enough of Naxx in Wrath, but not in its original, 40 man form. And I'm bloody sick of BWL after running that shit into the ground. And also clearing week after week, and not getting f'n Stormrage helm. ZG and AQ were fun and all, but Nax and the invasion stuff at the end of Vanilla were the best parts.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Balance druid got a massive rework, far larger than any other spec in the game. That's why it's not being touched again for a while, other than tweaking their numbers. They are actually pretty decent so I wouldn't be worried about balance.

If removing eclipse counts as a "massive rework". They've been the same two dots, two spells, since Wrath, the spell names have just been changed.

I could login to beta and see for myself, but meh. I'll wait til it's time to actually be disappointed, lol

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Tank wise who do you think are the strongest ones currently? I've only done tons of dungeons and so far it's vdh and dk are leading the pack. Which im not surprised the self healing tanks. I was hoping prot warrior gets more love but I wasn't impressed with them. Pally and brm I'm still feeling them out and I didn't even touched bear tank.

Right now VDH is far and away the best, but im expecting a nerf bat to them soon.

my ranking right now for raiding is....
VDH - assuming they dont get nerfed
BrM/Pally - new kit is really strong, their self sustain is still shit but not much changed in their mitigation. Pally is strong as well, probably needs a few tweaks
BDK/Prot war - about the same, both feel slow BDK is probably slightly better. for pushing high keys i think VDH is the new BDK, but BDK is still going to be a favorite.
Druid - complete crap right now

my ranking for M+ right now...
VDH
BDK
Everything else
Druid

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I like pretty much everything they talked about in that Q&A. M+ changes are good and War Mode is going to be dank. Can't wait to 1v3 as prot

Do you just let your shoulders do the tank/dps and you keep them topped off?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

velk

Trakanon Raider
VDH
BDK
Everything else
Druid

VDH is crazily overpowered, in healing, dps and survivability. BDK is good. Warrior seems ok, haven't seen a single bear or monk tank in anything over normal dungeons. Pallies seem to be made out of cardboard, the ones I've had had their health spiking up and down like crazy, living on the edge. This may be bad pallies, but it's consistent. Pallies seem to do outrageous damage for a tank though.

Rime

<Donor>
So, read the Before the Storm novel. I guess, 'morally grey' for the Horde is 'If you will not walk lock-step with me, then DIEDIEDIE'?

Nola

Trakanon Raider
It was mentioned at Pax East. Wasn't sure if it was real or someone talking out their ass.
Right now VDH is far and away the best, but im expecting a nerf bat to them soon.

my ranking right now for raiding is....
VDH - assuming they dont get nerfed
BrM/Pally - new kit is really strong, their self sustain is still shit but not much changed in their mitigation. Pally is strong as well, probably needs a few tweaks
BDK/Prot war - about the same, both feel slow BDK is probably slightly better. for pushing high keys i think VDH is the new BDK, but BDK is still going to be a favorite.
Druid - complete crap right now

VDH
BDK
Everything else
Druid
Yeah they are pretty damn powerful and Ican't see a way of properly "fine tuning" without severely nerfing them. When Blizzard released the class it was revolved around their artifacts so that can bring up issues. Past history with Blizzard they will just nerf the hell out a class instead of buffing other specs to be at least on par.

I enjoyed BDKs but I found myself being runic starved at times, sitting there waiting for an ability to be ready. I'm guessing it's a haste issue and runes are not regenerating fast enough. Hopefully with better gear that problem will be resolved. As for the DPS spec UH is really strong especially leveling as unholy. You can pull a ton of mobs and mow them down so easily. UH is really good in aoe but it can use some work in single target damage. I think someone in the DK discord said the reason why is due to a bug. Can't say too much about frost. From what I read its in a bad place especially with rune regeneration.

So yeah I'm torn between DH and DK for BFA. I guess I'll wait about a week or two before release to decide what I'll main after Blizzard finish tuning the classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, read the Before the Storm novel. I guess, 'morally grey' for the Horde is 'If you will not walk lock-step with me, then DIEDIEDIE'?

I think they are going full garrosh with sylvannis this go round.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Servers I used to play on look dead.
Considering returning and gearing up for BFA.

What is everyone here playing on? I see FoH is on Hyjal but many are elsewhere it appears.
I'm CST btw.

Using this tool to get an idea of the active realms.
US (EN) WoW Realms :: WoWProgress - World of Warcraft Rankings

We're going to be doing normal/heroic on Hyjal afaik. Unless you're raiding mythic your server identity doesn't matter whatsoever. Raid loot is now forced personal loot so it literally doesn't matter if you're guilded or not.

I suggest finding a high/full pop server so the economy isn't shit.

Rime

<Donor>
I think they are going full garrosh with sylvannis this go round.

At least Garrosh started MoP out doing what was 'best' for the Horde. Sylvanas murders a town of her own citizens because they do not want to fight/want to return to their 'human' lives in the novel. Not to mention, in the pre-patch she...
Burns Teldrassil as a 'pre-emptive' attack on the Alliance, then during the Siege of Lordareon, she releases the Plague to wipe out Horde and Alliance alike, so she can raise them as Forsaken.
. There is nothing 'morally grey' about her at this point.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Hey now, we're still playing "hide the torch" here, I'm half expecting it to be some shady SI:7 plot at this point.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
At least Garrosh started MoP out doing what was 'best' for the Horde. Sylvanas murders a town of her own citizens because they do not want to fight/want to return to their 'human' lives in the novel. Not to mention, in the pre-patch she...
Burns Teldrassil as a 'pre-emptive' attack on the Alliance, then during the Siege of Lordareon, she releases the Plague to wipe out Horde and Alliance alike, so she can raise them as Forsaken.
. There is nothing 'morally grey' about her at this point.
Get rid of her and make High Overlord Varok Saurfang war chief. Vaork for War chief 2018. Make the Horde great again!