World of Warcraft: Current Year

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Wait, you can't swap gear in M+ anymore? Is that serious? I guess maybe it won't be as big a deal with no legendaries but I don't get why that's necessary.

Maybe they didn't like people switching trinkets during the dungeon? That was my first guess. Maybe the new Azurite Garbage system has some solid buffs making switching nice.. Honestly I don't really know.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Blood Trolls aren't an Allied Race, someone misspoke in an interview.

Well there goes the one race I did want to play...

The window for any major spec changes is rapidly closing. An example of major changes is Fury Warrior or Balance Druid changes recently, major overhauls of a rotation or spells.

Of course balance druid is last on the fucking list for spec modifications before an expansion. Been that way every single fucking time.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not being able to swap to prydaz or a tank trinket for some bosses will totally hose certain classes on higher keys. Also no speed set to run with, no swapping from AoE to Single target sets. This gets rid of a lot of what was cool about mythic+ dungeons, being able to change your gear to fit the situation.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yea it smells of Ion thinking this makes it harder which makes it more interesting or some bullshit. Blizzard should sell that guy to Brad, he'd fit right in with the Pantheon bros.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zhro

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm guessing they just want to, like they said, balance M+ without gear swapping, probably to make it seem harder. For most high end keys DPS have to have at least one survival trink (Aggs trinket for example) with their defensives to survive mechani(s). I guess they didn't really like the idea of DPS having to do that, but pushing your class with the aid of items was what made M+ interesting, at least for me.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I just can't watch Ion and Lore they are just both smug cunts. Also remember so much of blizzards goal with this game is to close that gap between the terribads and the great players this is just another step.

Khane

Everything they've done basically since Legion launched has widened that gap, not decreased it.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just can't watch Ion and Lore they are just both smug cunts. Also remember so much of blizzards goal with this game is to close that gap between the terribads and the great players this is just another step.
We have a winner. They said a lot of people didn't swap. This makes it so if you aren't swapping some random pug doesn't call you a baddie and make you cry.

It might be easier to balance as well because you can mix single target and cleave fights. No one will answer everything so it requires more strategy and planning at high levels.

Let's not pretend here that there is anything exciting about gear swapping. You download an add on and press a key. It's not rocket science. It's as fun or challenging as playing solitaire.

• 1Like

Khane

You don't need an addon to swap gear... you just make an outfit and hotkey it.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
thats probably a MDI change, since a lot of player were swapping in sephuz proc'ing it and then swapping out while it was on CD, or WW swapping in resonators to survive splash. almost everyone had a Sephuz hotkey to swap to during "travel time" between packs.

Im fine with it, what im not okay with is the "gating" they were talking about.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They really need to add those snake people and fox people as races. The shit they added so far is so meh who gives a fuck level.

• 1Like

Khane

I find it funny that they literally designed legendaries to be situational and have specifically come out and said as much. They wanted you to swap them in and out as the encounter called for it. Now legendaries will be gone and there really won't be nearly as much use for it so it's probably kind of a moot point so why even make that change? And saying dungeons are one encounter? Really? Whatever. It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme it's just idiotic.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
To be honest I hated swapping gear between encounters in raids even, or swapping just for trash, then back for the boss, as dps would skew heavily between single/cleave/aoe, as well as talents, since swapping gear wasn't tied to spec changing, also having to spend 10,000g about once a month on tokens, adding another item to my inventory.

They wanted to reduce the amount of gear you had to carry, and Legion ultimately inflated the number of pieces I had to carry around. Bit ironic.

Tweaking gear to min/max is one thing, having to swap entire sets and talents is another. I didn't find much fun or enjoyment in it. I just wanted to kill shit and focus on mechanics, without losing 100% damage because I didn't click a few buttons before an encounter. It wasn't hard, just fuckin annoying.

They're fixing both issues in a way, by removing legendaries, and making talents of similar effect on the same row. I just hope some of these talents don't result in a 50% increase in every other fight, requiring flip flopping of talents.

The disparity between classes where this was required was probably a larger issue overall, since some classes could get away with using the same gear and talents for all single/cleave/aoe, while others had to fuckin change everything for every fight.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well there goes the one race I did want to play...

Of course balance druid is last on the fucking list for spec modifications before an expansion. Been that way every single fucking time.
Took them a while but the changes feel good on my test boomkin they were pretty blah until the last couple weeks.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Took them a while but the changes feel good on my test boomkin they were pretty blah until the last couple weeks.
That's promising. I feel like I'd gotten fucked on every expansion since the transition from Wrath to Cata (that one was especially painful since they completely flipped stat priority between haste and mastery). Even in Wrath, Ice Crown levels of gear and crit is when the class started feeling "natural". Between Cata and Mists, it felt like none of the stats were any good, and felt weak as shit until SoO gear levels of stats. Transition to WoD was also sloppy. Didn't invest much time into WoD, fortunately, but when the prepatch hit for Legion, holy shit did it feel awkward and useless without the artifact weapon.... At this point I'd be happy being "weaker" but not as neutered as it was before Legion.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Rip shadow priest
As usual. I've loathed the Surrender to Madness which was almost 100% required to get a decent DPS at higher levels, so I've been mid/low DPS for most of the expansion. Thankfully, we play at heroic levels, not mythic so that works out.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They wanted to reduce the amount of gear you had to carry, and Legion ultimately inflated the number of pieces I had to carry around. Bit ironic.
Legion is full of junk. At the moment, I have 4 max size bags, and my free inventory is usually 20-24 slots for looting. Between various consumables, harvestables, half a bag of alternate specs, situational Sephuz, etc... I need to unload every 20mn or rely on the postmaster and Vashreen to mail me the loot.

Do we get a 4th Hearthstone in BfA? I'm sure we get another one!