World of Warcraft: Current Year

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The above is why most of my PvP-oriented friends quit.

They didn't want healer-melee grinder wars. They wanted burst wars. They wanted healers having the ability to snap-react to burst damage and they wanted the strategy of the game to be about use of burst.

Harkening back to the burst wars of WOTLK, Cataclysm. It was fun in PvP, and it was also fun to see big numbers in PvP that you created with certain specing, talents, and trinket use.

That's all homogenized and "rectangularized" now. No more peaks and valleys. Just rotate rotate rotate rotate.

Its the most boring combat WoW has ever had in its history-- but the sad reality is most people are too oblivious and/or drugged to pay notice to what Ion has done to the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Need a PvP format where 100 people in premade teams of five are airdropped into contested territory and must battle it out for supremacy. Bring whatever comps you want and may the odds ever be in your favor.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Imagine going to McDonalds - World of Warcraft Forums

"to get a 4 piece McNuggets, you pay, get your nuggets and your happy and all that then some idiot comes and also gets 4 piece McNuggets but it McForges into a 12 piece McNuggets with a soda and some fries and you're standing there like a fucking idiot with your dumb 4 piece McNuggets while he/she has more than you for some weird reason even tho you both payed the same price but you are less rewarded because...

WoW 2018 gearing "

This post summed up WoW 2018 for me really. Still cracks me up, and makes me sad at the same time.

Best comment in that thread:

"lol but can you imagine the 40pc McNugget McForging!?"

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So these new Zandalar/Kul Tiras BoA scouting maps that give you the flight points for BfA.... They don't get consumed on use so you can just use it then mail it.
Note that you still need to have purchased the outpost unlocks for KT (if Horde) and presumably Zandalar (if Alliance). I dinged 120 on my first horde, and the map unlocked only the last zone I hadn't explored; all the KT outposts remain invisible.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
Just bought the expansion, (yeah sorry but want to see the story). I saw chatter about level locking at 110, is that something i should do? I will not raid or do pugs, no time for that. And is it possible to get a decent weapon when starting? My Legendary from awhile ago hits like a wet noodle.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
No reason for you to level lock unless you plan on going back to Legion to get the best Legendaries and farm Antorus for other slots and then want to chain run island expeditions over and over.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I didn't feel like there were any power issues while leveling up in any of the 3 classes I have. The shaman felt pretty fun to me even though everyone hated on them. I do agree about burst lacking. It is also annoying to me that they still haven't gotten a good grasp on how to design encounters that don't drastically punish the lack of certain classes (mythic mother comes to mind). But that doesn't feel like anything new or unique to BfA.

• 2Seriously?

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Weird. I felt like my Dk, main since wrath, got noticeably weaker whereas I felt my Paladin stayed pretty powerful. Same with Lock and DH. Hunter and shaman felt like they were stuck in dps molasses.

• 1Like

Xaven

Molten Core Raider
Unsubscribed in September but getting the itch again. On a two week vacation so have some time. Rogue is already at 120 but all other classes are 110. Looking at leveling the Paladin and two more chars. Demo warlock still a blast to play? What other classes do people find fun?

xzi

Mouthbreather
Prot paladin is really fun still imo. Holy is still very strong, but kind of bland compared to other healers. Ret is.. well it's ret, swing big fuckin weapons and blast dragonforce and you're fine.

Also despite issues with shaman balancing, I actually enjoy enhancement more than I ever thought I would, though it really is 2 buttons.

Demon hunter obviously is fantastic if you have OCD.

• 2Like

Khane

Unsubscribed in September but getting the itch again. On a two week vacation so have some time. Rogue is already at 120 but all other classes are 110. Looking at leveling the Paladin and two more chars. Demo warlock still a blast to play? What other classes do people find fun?

Demo warlock is now the best warlock spec and is still fun to play.

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
So I got a 385 staff from the Darkshore quest reward. Power gain up from 365/360 MH/OH on my arcane mage was huge. From 18k burst dps to almost 26k. First item that has actually had a noticeable impact on my power output. Nice item, but how it was received doesn't feel right. I didn't do anything particularly challenging or time consuming to get it. Also, folks going months without a weapon drop and stuck at 340-350, when the power gain from weapons is so drastic (at least for my class/spec). I didn't farm a thousand tokens, or the same hard boss a few times for the chance at a drop... It just landed in my lap after a 15m Warfront that I basically afk'd through.

Darkshore Warfront is also pretty shit. It's like a two lane pve moba, where the towers don't do shit for damage. If they made these encounters pvp I bet folks would play the fuck out of them. Or give the bosses actual mechanics for guilds to raid, add some drops, and that could be fun. As is, it's fucking dumb and a waste of time for everyone, including the developers.

• 1Like

Khane

I'm fine with the warfronts dropping 385 gear from the world boss + quest. Don't care at all about it. But to your point it's real, real stupid that people have no good way to target 385 gear outside of one (or if they are lucky 2) bosses in Uldir. Gear that may have undesirable stats. And there are people who have been attempting to do that for weeks and have never gotten it, but stepping into a warfront on a fresh alt with no time investment can grant them a BiS.

They need to remove the Heroic ilvl cap on Mythic+ drops. There is no good reason to not have 10-11 drop 370, 12-13 drop 375, 14-15 drop 380 and 16+ drop 385. There are less people doing 16+ keys than clearing even 8/8M. If you start talking about 4/8M, which is good enough to get the weapons + some of the Azerite armor for pretty much every class, it's even more skewed.

But they know if M+ drops comparable gear to raid people will stop raiding. Because raiding is fundamentally exhausting and not all that rewarding.

And yes, the Warfronts are a phoned in attempt at creating "new content" for the new expansion. They are copy/pastes of BG's, except PvE. How exciting!

Last edited:

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I would continue to raid, even if M+ dropped identical gear. I prefer raiding, and loathe the modern iteration of dungeons. The Diablo grift style clearing just isn't much fun for me, and something I really haven't enjoyed much since Wrath, but I cleared dungeons in Wrath because they weren't obnoxious with the affixes, clears were fast, and the Valor points were useful. What would make me hit dungeons again? Probably playing with 4 folks I know IRL. Allow me to hit the dungeon I want at the level I want. The key system is dumb, and arbitrarily making me do one of them at random is obnoxious when dungeons are clearly not created equal. Keep the standard dungeon loot format, not a cache at the end and remove the weekly loot lottery as that shit is one of the dumbest, most indirect loot mechanics to be added to the game. Drop the timer except on pressure clear style dungeons, reduce trash, increase time to kill on bosses by like 300%. Ultimately I want mini, 5 man raids.

• 1Like

Khane

I would continue to raid, even if M+ dropped identical gear. I prefer raiding, and loathe the modern iteration of dungeons. The Diablo grift style clearing just isn't much fun for me, and something I really haven't enjoyed much since Wrath, but I cleared dungeons in Wrath because they weren't obnoxious with the affixes, clears were fast, and the Valor points were useful. What would make me hit dungeons again? Probably playing with 4 folks I know IRL. Allow me to hit the dungeon I want at the level I want. The key system is dumb, and arbitrarily making me do one of them at random is obnoxious when dungeons are clearly not created equal. Keep the standard dungeon loot format, not a cache at the end and remove the weekly loot lottery as that shit is one of the dumbest, most indirect loot mechanics to be added to the game. Drop the timer except on pressure clear style dungeons, reduce trash, increase time to kill on bosses by like 300%. Ultimately I want mini, 5 man raids.

Completely agree. If they took the PoE map reroll system and implemented it for M+ they would have a home run. Have items drop that can reroll one of the affixes, other items that can reroll both of the affixes, other items that can switch between fortified/tyrannical, other items that can reroll the dungeon, and other items that can reroll everything. Have them be BoE and sellable on the AH, have them drop anywhere in the game, but drop more often in actual M+ dungeons with better odds the higher the key.

I don't necessarily mind the timer so much anymore, but it would be nice to have a system where it's more about the ability to clear a dungeon at all, rather than clearing a dungeon within a certain time limit. Then you could really set aside some time to say "We are going to try this for at least X hours until we either realize we just can't do it, or someone has other obligations". Dungeons would be a lot more relaxing and I feel like the social aspect of running M+ would change dramatically. People are petulant little twats about minor mishaps and wipes in timed dungeons. Those same mishaps or wipes wouldn't matter nearly as much in a dungeon system that isn't timed.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The timing aspect is a contraspect of the long death runs. If you wipe, the risk of someone leaving is still there. Also, the time to form a group is just as annoying as it was in vanilla. Especially now with raider.io meaning I'm completely blacklisted if I were to try to start pugging now.

I miss the exploration factor. It's so on rails now, where you spend 20-30 minutes clearing. Where's my 3 hour BRD King run?