World of Warcraft: Current Year

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Watching that WildCard Gaming video just pains me. They raid for like 13-15 hours and only get a couple breaks. Very little, too. Doing something so monotonous and repetitious, you're going to make mistakes. That guy needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that if breaks don't happen, mistakes gonna happen.

And Jaina looks like a fucking bad ass fight. Yeesh!

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Logged on this AM and did the intro quest and raid finder version of the new raid just for shits and giggles as my account hasn't lapsed yet.

Anywho it all seems so damn pedestrian compared to Legion. You even go so far as to send one of the Lightforged Dranei, who had fought the Burning Legion for thousands of years on a suicide mission as a distraction. If I were Bladmaster Telaamon I'd have seriously inquired as to why we weren't just blowing Zandalar off the face of the map using the Yamato Cannon on Vindicator.

Dealt with a being that is more than a god and who destroyed countless world's yet a bunch of Wakandan Trolls are an insurmountable adversary? Sheesh. At least put in some stupid maguffin like the Loa providing a shield over the island or something.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I think people who switch back to classic with rose tinted goggles on will get a rude awakening. The classic talent trees were a fucking mess and the classes rotations were a lot more simplified than even what we currently see. I think a lot of people think they want classic but when they go back to it will realize there is a reason a lot of shit changed over the years.

Quit WoW and all gaming shortly after AQ in 2006. Made a character on a private server in November and got hooked, vanilla WoW is a very well crafted game. Am currently gearing up for AQ.

Admittedly it was a massive culture shock after 12 years. Private server raiders are min/maxing try-hards - every possible world buff and consumable is popped for raids, people farm instances over and over in the hope of getting a single item e.g Truestrike Shoulders, Ironfoe etc

But as for rude awakening - nah, if anything playing a private server with a sped up content timeline is a very different experience to retail and waiting for Blizz content releases.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Watching that WildCard Gaming video just pains me. They raid for like 13-15 hours and only get a couple breaks. Very little, too. Doing something so monotonous and repetitious, you're going to make mistakes. That guy needs to get his head out of his ass and realize that if breaks don't happen, mistakes gonna happen.

And Jaina looks like a fucking bad ass fight. Yeesh!
Also their guild name is dumb

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The harder the tier is and the longer it takes these top guilds to get World First the less interesting the "race" is.

The 100 yard dash is way more exciting to watch than a Marathon. This would actually be interesting if all the regions unlocked at the same time AND it was an actual race. Where the raid was pretty much guaranteed to be cleared in a day or two.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've heard they'd officially recognize time since region went live.as the true world first... But that situation hasn't come up

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I don't think they have ever officially acknowledged the world first race (Blizzard that is). At most they send out a congratulations tweet when someone kills the last boss, but that is about it.

Laedrun

Molten Core Raider
if you want to actually enjoy a group progressing through the raid check out Naguura on twitch. Her guild (future) have actual fun personalities while being nuts at the game. only team of people I actually root for, though they're not pushing for world first, on meckkatorque atm. I think the taking 10-15 min breaks every hour or so is what keeps them from degenerating into sperg retards like the wildcard gl, and they're not boring to watch like method.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
if you want to actually enjoy a group progressing through the raid check out Naguura on twitch. Her guild (future) have actual fun personalities while being nuts at the game. only team of people I actually root for, though they're not pushing for world first, on meckkatorque atm. I think the taking 10-15 min breaks every hour or so is what keeps them from degenerating into sperg retards like the wildcard gl, and they're not boring to watch like method.
If you're a tank/raid lead check out Sloot's stream (GM, main tank of Future). He shouldn't be an unfamiliar name to anyone.

Also Blizzard does now recognize world first (world 100 both factions)

This makes me want to raid, although I hate the expansion

Khane

Uldir was a terrible raid (was a good raid until Zul trash, then all that trash plus the last 3 bosses were idiotic) and several fights in BoD feel awful. Mekkatorque is one of the dumbest fights I've ever seen, complete with a mechanic that is akin to a children's television show, calling out colors to your friends!

And why did they get rid of the boss skip quests? Goddamn they made a ton of terrible decisions with this raid.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't agree with most of what Khanye is saying but getting rid of the skip quests plus not putting a cool transmog on one of the last two bosses is a bad idea.

• 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Uldir was a terrible raid (was a good raid until Zul trash, then all that trash plus the last 3 bosses were idiotic) and several fights in BoD feel awful. Mekkatorque is one of the dumbest fights I've ever seen, complete with a mechanic that is akin to a children's television show, calling out colors to your friends!

And why did they get rid of the boss skip quests? Goddamn they made a ton of terrible decisions with this raid.

What made the last 3 bosses so bad? Are we talking Mythic specifically?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Zulu has gobs of trash and the g,huun fight for most of the raid is mass trash clearing till orb guys do their thing

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I hadn't felt trash pain like Zul since the original fucking Naxx... Or the meteor mobs with gobs of Hp in AQ40. They could cut 50% of the Zul trash packs and it would make getting through it 100% better. Also, trash respawning if you don't clear Zul is super fucking lame and in opposition to nearly every raid that precedes it. They need to stop carving out their QOL changes in the name of increasing play time. It's counterintuitive.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm kind of fine with Zul trash considering it's the last trash for the next 3 bosses. But when people pull extra for being a hunter no discernible reason it gets really fucking stupid

• 1Worf

Khane

What made the last 3 bosses so bad? Are we talking Mythic specifically?

Mythic mechanics were not fun.

Zul was just a burn, and was kind of lame and at first you needed to stack sub rogues for it. Mythrax was just a bad, boring fight. I hate unavoidable loss of control mechanics and the fight was too long. G'huun was just.... G'huun was one of the worst fights they have ever designed. So bad, in fact, that many guilds got the CE achievement and then never re-killed him.

• 1Solidarity

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm kind of fine with Zul trash considering it's the last trash for the next 3 bosses. But when people pull extra for being a hunter no discernible reason it gets really fucking stupid
I was in this heroic guild that would try and be really cool and pull the whole platform then continuously wipe for 40 minutes going in like lemmings. At first it was annoying. After my third raid with them I just went on break for Zul trash.

• 1Picard

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mythic mechanics were not fun.

Zul was just a burn, and was kind of lame and at first you needed to stack sub rogues for it. Mythrax was just a bad, boring fight. I hate unavoidable loss of control mechanics and the fight was too long. G'huun was just.... G'huun was one of the worst fights they have ever designed. So bad, in fact, that many guilds got the CE achievement and then never re-killed him.
That was because his loot was also awful and not worth farming for the time put in.