World of Warcraft: Current Year

Rime

<Donor>
If they want communities to be 'healthier', then the first step would be to MERGE ALL OF THE DEAD SERVERS TOGETHER AND CUT OUT THE SHIT-TIER SHARDING.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
If they want communities to be 'healthier', then the first step would be to MERGE ALL OF THE DEAD SERVERS TOGETHER AND CUT OUT THE SHIT-TIER SHARDING.

Dead server, you say? It's not uncommon for me to do a BFA emissary set and see no one else.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
I don't understand why consider doing something so drastic as a level squish.
120 is still a very comprehensible number, they will still be comprehensible for many years to come. Why not simply think of the significance of levels in 10s for instance.
Make a change to the xp bar so each bar is 10 levels with every single level as a bubble and make the ding sound only pop at level 10, 20 etc and those are the levels you get the rewards.

The most important thing is to spread the levels and rewards more evenly throughout the experience of leveling through the expansions and that doesn't require a squish at all.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Because it is one of those reasons they have told upper management why WoW isn't a growing business anymore, right after Legion seemed to prove otherwise. And management said "Great idea, but put it out there to see how the community reacts to it. Can't have another BfA backlash and lose more of the already dwindling playerbase."

The pink elefant in the room: Most of the devs are not playing the game anymore, and if they are it is not at the level of an "average" player. They have lost all common ground with the community and are out of touch what pain points exist in the game.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
120 is still a very comprehensible number, they will still be comprehensible for many years to come. Why not simply think of the significance of levels in 10s for instance.
Make a change to the xp bar so each bar is 10 levels with every single level as a bubble and make the ding sound only pop at level 10, 20 etc and those are the levels you get the rewards.

The most important thing is to spread the levels and rewards more evenly throughout the experience of leveling through the expansions and that doesn't require a squish at all.
People get an endorphin rush when they hear that ding. Right now it's every 15 minutes to 30 minutes depending on your level and how hard you are going. Making it every 5 hours would not work to keep people logged in on the addiction meter.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lol at WoW for banning all the people who used the exp pot exploit making them unavailable to play in the MDI or Arena for the next 6 months. Also lol at the cry babies who think their life is ruined and had no idea chugging 20 pots and going 110 to 120 in 15 minutes was an exploit.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Lol at WoW for banning all the people who used the exp pot exploit making them unavailable to play in the MDI or Arena for the next 6 months. Also lol at the cry babies who think their life is ruined and had no idea chugging 20 pots and going 110 to 120 in 15 minutes was an exploit.

Who fucking cares? I mean really some people leveled faster than intended who gives a giant pile of monkey shit. Closing them off and banning them over it just shows how worthless the cocksuckers at Blizzard are. Imagine if Sony banned people for FD pulling mobs. You are such a faggot blizzard apologist it's fucking pathetic.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

xzi

Mouthbreather
I wish I would've exploited cause one of my friends got a week ban and leveled 5 characters to max, and they aren't rolling characters back so he pretty much saved himself like a month+ of boring leveling work for just a few days ban lol

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm surprised they banned people over that. There was an upper limit on the potions as well right? Wasn't it 300%? Coincidentally the same % as the potions you could get in Mists and WoD that were removed, and the RaF bonus... also removed.

They really are cocksuckers.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How dare you level at pre-BFA rates! Take a week off, that'll teach you! (that you suck as a company from every aspect?)

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I almost wish I took advantage of it so I would get a 30 day ban and have a legit excuse not to play for a month. Maybe I'll just say I got banned 🤣

Burns

I'm surprised they banned people over that. There was an upper limit on the potions as well right? Wasn't it 300%? Coincidentally the same % as the potions you could get in Mists and WoD that were removed, and the RaF bonus... also removed.

They really are cocksuckers.

No, these were newish 10% XP pots that work up to 120, last 1 hour, through death, and are from the Horde/Ally Service Medal vendors (the new currency you get for doing invasions/Warfronts). You could stack them all the way to the max bonus XP cap, which is, purportedly, 540% in total (including heirlooms & other buffs)

Last edited:

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wish I would've exploited cause one of my friends got a week ban and leveled 5 characters to max, and they aren't rolling characters back so he pretty much saved himself like a month+ of boring leveling work for just a few days ban lol

Honestly if I had known it was only a one week ban that seems pretty damn reasonable to get the four allied races I don't have at max yet pumped up to max level then take a break for a week to play division2 and anthem.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Who fucking cares? I mean really some people leveled faster than intended who gives a giant pile of monkey shit. Closing them off and banning them over it just shows how worthless the cocksuckers at Blizzard are. Imagine if Sony banned people for FD pulling mobs. You are such a faggot blizzard apologist it's fucking pathetic.
Yeah I don't get it. It has literally zero impact on my life or anyone else's. I find the whole situation hilarious. I also find it funny that the guys who do this for a living are upset that MDI time trials are the same time as when the new raid releases. This is your job. In a job you have to set priorities for projects and divide your time accordingly. What's more important for you, world first on a two boss raid that will take a day to complete and be there for months or competing in the MDI.

Khane

No, these were newish 10% XP pots that work up to 120, last 1 hour, through death, and are from the Horde/Ally Service Medal vendors (the new currency you get for doing invasions/Warfronts). You could stack them all the way to the max bonus XP cap, which is, purportedly, 540% in total (including heirlooms & other buffs)

Yea, the same as the other 300% potions/RaF bonus that used to exist in the game, which was my point.

Burns

Something along the lines of, an exploit is an exploit. Almost all the people knew they were exploiting, as you had to separate the pots into stacks of 1 before clicking them, otherwise it would not work. Not that I care if people took advantage; those levels of bonus XP were available from RaF for years (before it got nerfed for BFA), and it didn't hurt me none.

They have nerfed leveling times recently, but it's still shit, so, risking a 5 day ban would have been worth it, if an alt army was of any benefit this xapc. Although, there are reports of month+ bans, depending on what previous actions had been taken on the account (or, possibly, if you were spreading how to use the exploit, in game).

Yea, the same as the other 300% potions/RaF bonus that used to exist in the game, which was my point.

Sorry, I thought you ment that it was caped at a lower level, like the Panda/WoD pot; I guess I was trying to read too fast.

Last edited:

Khane

There were a multitude of leveling exploits in Legion that nobody ever got in trouble for. Off the top of my head:

• Stormheim Legion Assault instant respawn
  • Broken Shore Nethershard area mega spawns
  • Warlock summoning level 1s into Argus Legion Invasions
All of those were fixed but no bans were handed out. People have been abusing leveling exploits forever with no consequences so it's no surprise people readily abused this one, and even streamed it on twitch. The exploits listed above were also well known and videos and streams of the exploits were released there as well.

There is no consistency about this kind of thing at Blizzard and since BfA they seem to be actively trying to stop players from enjoying the game. This was clearly an exploit and so I guess people shouldn't be upset for being punished over abusing it, but there is a long history of this type of thing being okay to take advantage of while it's active.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
There were a multitude of leveling exploits in Legion that nobody ever got in trouble for. Off the top of my head:

• Stormheim Legion Assault instant respawn
  • Broken Shore Nethershard area mega spawns
  • Warlock summoning level 1s into Argus Legion Invasions
All of those were fixed but no bans were handed out. People have been abusing leveling exploits forever with no consequences so it's no surprise people readily abused this one, and even streamed it on twitch. The exploits listed above were also well known and videos and streams of the exploits were released there as well.

There is no consistency about this kind of thing at Blizzard and since BfA they seem to be actively trying to stop players from enjoying the game. This was clearly an exploit and so I guess people shouldn't be upset for being punished over abusing it, but there is a long history of this type of thing being okay to take advantage of while it's active.

The best leveling was the Legion invasion event. You could literally AFK massive level numbers, then they nerfed that like losers, but left in you could get the legion event demon buff on level ones so you could one shot event bosses for like 5 levels at a time. Then they did some other bullshit nerfs but it was still crazy xp. I leveled every class to damn near max over a few days with that shit on two accounts and abused the RAF xp on top with heirloom gear. They need more events like this.