World of Warcraft: Current Year

Khane

Got something right about marriage
But then you won't log in every single day and that's what we judge our success on now. Who cares about sub numbers!!!!!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Oh I wish I could see peoples faces and hear reactions when the piece someone has been looking for after multiple raids drops, its corrupted and they cant equip it because its going to bump their tier. These devs bro... :trump::trump:
Hmmm, what happened about "We removed Reforging because we did not want you to get a piece of gear and it would be useless until you came back to town"??? Gee...

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The reality was likely that reforging didn't push engagement metrics enough because it made most gear "fine" so less minmaxy folks probably just stopped chasing upgrades "too soon" each tier.

Also, the monk community and our RoRo reforge shenanigans may have contributed

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The reality was likely that reforging didn't push engagement metrics enough because it made most gear "fine" so less minmaxy folks probably just stopped chasing upgrades "too soon" each tier.

Also, the monk community and our RoRo reforge shenanigans may have contributed

Monk reforge shenanigans?

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Monk reforge shenanigans?
Monk community created its own reforge calculator to ensure that you had the maximum raw number of stats with mastery being ever so slightly higher than the rest (including recalculating enchants gems and potential upgrading). This led to Rune of Reorigination making WW monks go super Saiyan and crush meters.

RoRo reduced all but your highest stat to 0 and stacked the raw number reduced onto your highest stat. Monk's mastery at the time was a % increases to your Damage Boosting Cool down, Tiger Eye Brew. So you waited until the last half second of RoRo proc to cast TEB, then you got all your other stats back along with a super charged TEB

Having rising sun kick crits cause visible boss hp bar movement was hilarious, but way too strong

This led to the third complete redesign of WW Monk's mastery in one expansion

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Monk community created its own reforge calculator to ensure that you had the maximum raw number of stats with mastery being ever so slightly higher than the rest (including recalculating enchants gems and potential upgrading). This led to Rune of Reorigination making WW monks go super Saiyan and crush meters.

RoRo reduced all but your highest stat to 0 and stacked the raw number reduced onto your highest stat. Monk's mastery at the time was a % increases to your Damage Boosting Cool down, Tiger Eye Brew. So you waited until the last half second of RoRo proc to cast TEB, then you got all your other stats back along with a super charged TEB

Having rising sun kick crits cause visible boss hp bar movement was hilarious, but way too strong

This led to the third complete redesign of WW Monk's mastery in one expansion

Monks were a mistake and never should of been added to the game.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Weren't Feral Druids and the vengeance mechanic for tanks even a bigger problem in the MoP raiding scene?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My Brew was a monster in MoP. I thought it was hilarious to be doing four times the damage as everyone else on Garrosh.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Mobility is fun, but I think part of it ruined the rest of the game making everything needing mobility or else monks and DHs are too insane.

But like, brewmaster in legion was some of the most fun I've ever had tanking in this game.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
Have fun in M+ next tier.
The cloak starts off reducing 5% of your corruption and if you grind your ass off to max it out it reduces 75%.
So people are always going to be dealing with a minimum of the 20% snare effect if they use like +crit% and +crit damage.

When everyone has to get out of a bad mechanic like the last boss of siege and 3-4 people are telling the healer "Dispell me now!" that'll be good times.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
They sound like a pain in the ass for tanks and melee since it’s snares and a sanguine type effect but completely nothing for ranged dps to deal with. So poorly thought out dogshit, glad I have no desire to do retail.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
We one-shot ra-den server first on accident on our first pull after 60% of the raid died instantly. As a Brewmaster tank I was literally unkillable thanks to vengeance and proper cool down/stagger/guard management. Shit was a combination of insane and hilarious.

God I miss raiding actual content

The new essence slot does let you equip a flat -10 corruption essence, so it is possible to use some corrupted gear without downside.

Last edited:

Cybsled

How Corrupted items were born

Dev 1: Man, the community hates titanforging. But we need a new system to replace it that replicates the treadmill...what do we do?
Dev 2: Ugh, I'm too tired for this. I was working all night on my table top campaign
Dev 1: Oh?
Dev 2: Ya, I'm an asshole DM. I made my dungeon full of traps and all the loot is cursed, but I make sure the loot is better than what they have so they can't just ignore it
Dev 1: Oh my god, you just solved our problem!

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I saw Noodleface Noodleface in Overwatch last night and asked him to come back to the forums. He said all of you were fags and that BFA was the best expansion ever for guild leaders.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I like how the game has pretty much become pay to win and nobody talks about it at all. There isn't a single aspect of the game that access to isn't being sold by other players in return for gold. M+, Leveling, Arena/PVP, even Mythic raiding, all available through opening your wallet and buying tokens to sell for gold.

xzi

Mouthbreather
It's pretty much been that way forever though, even before tokens. I made all of my money in wrath-mop through selling dungeons and the occasional raidboss without telling the rest of the group so I get all the money.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It's pretty much been that way forever though, even before tokens. I made all of my money in wrath-mop through selling dungeons and the occasional raidboss without telling the rest of the group so I get all the money.

Right, but tokens weren't a thing then, making it at least something you had to legitimately earn (outside of RMT of course)

xzi

Mouthbreather
I guess.

The only thing impressive in this game anymore is gladiator mounts anyways since you can't buy those and who gives a shit about arenas