World of Warcraft: Current Year

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
So, the world first race is being streamed to tens of thousands of people and it is essentially a live beta test of the boss? How fucking shameful.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I hate to say it but I would welcome Limit getting the kill. Judging from their stream from this and previous tier, they seem much more down to earth. It might just as well be them having comms. Method is way too corporate in their approach. I'm not slinging merch and stuff like that. The raiding. It's like endless stream (sic!) of middle and upper management meetings, interrupted by union mandated breaks and an occasional pull. After every max 10 pulls, they have to have a lengthy meeting to discuss things. It's almost like they cover complicate things and then the execution needs to be ultra perfect or things fall apart. The margin of error is way too small. Countering that is Limit who had 2 people dead almost on the entire last phase during their 2% pull. It's like Limit has a way of adjusting and adapting more on the fly and Method has to have the minutes of the last meeting read back and a powerpoint presentation before proceeding.

• 1Worf

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
So, the world first race is being streamed to tens of thousands of people and it is essentially a live beta test of the boss? How fucking shameful.
It's been like that for so long, this is just the first expansion where everyone is actually seeing it happen live.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Kungen complained about beta testing bosses for the rest of the world as bar back as fuckin Naxx, at least now Blizzard is forced to make changes on the fly instead of having to force restart servers.

A problem some real high level players stated with inhouse testing a while ago is that they test phases specifically and never the full boss itself. So while they do get a pretty good feel for it.. there's a massive difference in fighting for 14 minutes and fighting for 4.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Limit openly commenting that they just didn't have the actual last phase ready to go, and just scrapped it and reverted to more of previous phase for the end. Obviously it's still very tight not filling up the whole room with shit so you have enough time to kill the boss in the end, but just silly man.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Limit openly commenting that they just didn't have the actual last phase ready to go, and just scrapped it and reverted to more of previous phase for the end. Obviously it's still very tight not filling up the whole room with shit so you have enough time to kill the boss in the end, but just silly man.
Filling up the room reminds me of the Argus kills

Burns

It's been like that for so long, this is just the first expansion where everyone is actually seeing it happen live.

Since the beginning, really.

In Vanilla, we had to do boss attempts in Molten Core with 39 people, so a GM/dev could be in zone, in the 40th spot, to see the bugs we were hitting (they coded a 40 person hard cap for raids at first).

Back then, our guild officers talked with Death & Taxes, often, and I guess they had GM/Dev observers on a regular basis to see and squash all the bugs throughout BWL.

xzi

Mouthbreather
They got world first and NO ACHIEVEMENT LMAO

Not that an achievement matters cause they got it but holy shit NA did it for once boys

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
hahaha someone in their discord

"You guys wanna do some islands?"

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
I hate to say it but I would welcome Limit getting the kill. Judging from their stream from this and previous tier, they seem much more down to earth. It might just as well be them having comms. Method is way too corporate in their approach. I'm not slinging merch and stuff like that. The raiding. It's like endless stream (sic!) of middle and upper management meetings, interrupted by union mandated breaks and an occasional pull. After every max 10 pulls, they have to have a lengthy meeting to discuss things. It's almost like they cover complicate things and then the execution needs to be ultra perfect or things fall apart. The margin of error is way too small. Countering that is Limit who had 2 people dead almost on the entire last phase during their 2% pull. It's like Limit has a way of adjusting and adapting more on the fly and Method has to have the minutes of the last meeting read back and a powerpoint presentation before proceeding.

This is a little reflective of the culture of each region IMO. In Europe you go to school, enter a trade, and stay in that trade. People don't leave their industry often and they collaborate because they're experts in their chosen fields but require input or help when drifting from their chosen occupation. Americans tend to be more well-rounded because you can go to college for just about any field, but you also learn customer service from a part time job, then get re-trained to move from purchasing to accounting, to sales, back to purchasing, then to marketing, etc. Some, none, or all of your education may apply.

Europe is collaborative, America is "Screw it. Just wing it and you'll figure it out as you go."

Jox

Molten Core Raider
For the end of expansion fight it feels like everything else in BFA. Bland.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users