World of Warcraft: Current Year

Leon

<Silver Donator>
No one with an ounce of respect for wow players would have made the decisions he has made.

Patch after patch after patch more and more absurd grinding tailored around making the race somewhat challenging to prepare for, and fuck the rest of the player base.

He might love the game but he certainly doesn't love you.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I really don't think the smug and robotic thing is true in this video though which is why I linked it. Like I said every single time he talks it feels like marketing and it's gross and this wasn't that. Was nice for once.

God forbid someone does something good or right for once, can't be having that

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
He's also the guy that made legion. There's something more behind the scenes

Maybe. But I'm not sure a lot of the decisions that were made in BfA, would be driven from a business perspective. It seems way, way more likely it was done to handcuff the bleeding edge and that is my firm belief. And I blame him for it.

The state of the game is the reason I haven't been subbed since about a month or two after BoD released (well I was subbed for classic for a bit but haven't logged into retail since I originally cancelled) and he is the person I put that on. Whatever the truth is, he sure did a great job making it seem like he was responsible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
Well I mean yeah, that's pretty much his job to be the face of the game. I'm not saying you guys are wrong, we all know BFA has and especially had its problems for sure. It's the first time I've let my sub run out multiple times.

I personally do still feel that there clearly is oversight pushing things like time played metrics and logins, because blizzard is an international multi billion dollar publicly traded company and I think there's far more than one single person making these decisions. Decisions which honestly probably 80% of the playerbase doesn't give a shit about and just play the game, unfortunately. Go log on and see how many people are flying around on the new rat mount.

Khane

Time played metrics and things like World Quests and Weekly caches as a foundation absolutely aren't his purview. I'm talking about things like the gear systems, personal loot changes and the constant nerfs to everything that the bleeding edge starts to "exploit" such as AP gains in islands.

Any time the Limits and Methods of the world are doing something too fast he changes it so they can't, everyone else be damned.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Time played metrics and things like World Quests and Weekly caches as a foundation absolutely aren't his purview. I'm talking about things like the gear systems, personal loot changes and the constant nerfs to everything that the bleeding edge starts to "exploit" such as AP gains in islands.

Any time the Limits and Methods of the world are doing something too fast he changes it so they can't, everyone else be damned.
Did any of that stuff ultimately affect us though? Gear system are AIDS but that's just shit design philosophy. Personal loot was an issue like once for us,otherwise we just gamed it as needed. Certainly cut down on loot time. AP nerfs... In the end that shit didn't matter. If your guild had a requirement then that's just poor leadership.

I'd rather he nerf from the top down rather than the bottom (or middle) up

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
How do you nerf up?

I'm not sure if its possible in WoW outside of arena but League of Legends does it all the time. Characters that are easily played around at high levels like master yi have received multiple nerfs because they run over lower skilled players.

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Activision isn't forcing ion to make essences single char only. He's just a retard.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was at a game convention this weekend and was listening in on the board game table next to me. They were all talking about how personal loot brought them back to WoW. They all had horror stories of how loot got distributed that made them leave the game.

I personally give zero shits about loot but the personal loot change made zero difference to my life. I think it made very little difference to the people in this thread either. There is what, 1 or 2 guys here who raided mythic for every tier?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Loot as a seasonal phenomenon in conjunction with the activity lobby nature of the current game and personal loot is fine. If WoW Classic implemented it and all the Thunderfuries and Corrupted Ashbringer were handed out with a dice roll people would lose their shit but that's not what retail is.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Did any of that stuff ultimately affect us though? Gear system are AIDS but that's just shit design philosophy. Personal loot was an issue like once for us,otherwise we just gamed it as needed. Certainly cut down on loot time. AP nerfs... In the end that shit didn't matter. If your guild had a requirement then that's just poor leadership.

I'd rather he nerf from the top down rather than the bottom (or middle) up

Man so many of those shitty decision impacts the playerbase outside of the world race elite.

Mythic is tailored around this shit. Take for example Lady Ashvane in the previous tier. She was THE roadblock of the tier because while not complicated she was an extremely tight dps check and execution check.

If you wanted to beat this cunt without waiting 5 weeks for gear to catch up (imagine being in a mythic guild and telling your raiders naaaaah we'll just wait to gear up...lol) you HAD to farm an INSANE amount of pearls in nazjatar to buy benthic and upgrade them.
The thing that was originally thought to be a catch up mechanic to your alts' gear turned out to parse higher than level 445 gear from the current tier, oftentimes by a LARGE amount.

So you had to invest an enormous amount of time, often on multiple characters to run around fucking nazjatar and collect every possible pearl through WQs, rare farming and whatever means you had. It wasn't uncommon to have people do this shit on 4 toons to funnel bracers or belts or whatever to their mains only to get buttfucked by the RNG and not get the piece they needed. What a fucking shitshow of a design.

But hold up, next patch we're gonna one up that shit boys. Here comes the fucking essences. Actually interesting design for once, provides shit to do that doesn't feel too grind........wait nevermind, i have to farm fucking faction for half of them, plus currency to buy them (fuck mechagon and the fucking shitty 1 a day may be 2 oscillators)
OH by the way you have to redo the entire fucking grind for any alt, including faction. Ain't that fucking swell. Oh 2 of your healers are AFK this week, well i guess you better hope someone in the guild spent 60 hours grinding essences for their heal offpsec or their alt healers or you ain't raiding today.

And then there's the plague that is titanforging. The ultimate incarnation of the fear of missing out. You shouldn't gain anything by raiding normal or heroic if you're currently raiding mythic. But you might. Hell, you might titanforge all the way from LFR to the highest iLvl possible. How did that even make it past the test realm in its first iteration? How can you possibly get the best gear out there completely randomly from a WQ or a heroic dungeon or a LFR raid? It's completely shatters the scale of rewards and makes it so hey, you might titanforge that shit so now you feel like you HAVE to run this dumb fucking raid in normal.

And then there's Mythic +. There is so much you can do with M+ that could have made it so much more fun to play. Making the trash the challenge of the dungeon and forcing you to kill most of it was probably the worst way to go about it. Making the rewards the same for running a 10 then for running a 20 (and if you've done this, you fucking know damn well how much better you have to be at the game to run 20's compared to 10's) is so laughably stupid it doesn't even make sense.

I'm not even going going to touch on corruption. It's par for the course, including the lack of testing and understanding of just how much fucking damage this shit does. It's just titanforging RNG all over again but with a different name and a twise. Fuck right off with that shit

But don't worry guys, they'll get it right in shadowlands.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
definitely agree with corruption being ass aids but only it's acquisition of it

everything else they fixed, essences aren't really a grind (aside from new ones+honor one) they're just ridiculously timegated which is the core problem of it when half of them are from irrelevant content to the patch (even so the only one you grind is the pvp one) They should still be account wide though yeah, it's fucking dumb that they're not.

Khane

Gear acquisition has been this way for a while now though. And I blame Ion for it, not some corporate talking head in an office somewhere.

He has made it so you cannot target loot because the loot you need is either entirely random, or comes from a once a week chest/cache. Nobody liked legendary acquisition for the first half of Legion, they finally fixed it and we all thought "cool, next expansion will probably be better". And along comes Azerite... which was actually worse. And he decided it was necessary to put a ridiculous exponential gold sink into respeccing it. Because fuck you Method. And then they finally add a currency but make buying specific pieces so ludicrously expensive nobody did anything but buy the RNG tokens and pray. It's just one bad decision after another and the only explanation that really seems to fit is he wants to beat Limit and Method and doesn't give a shit what it means for every other would be Mythic raider.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I mean, it's been this way since mop it's not a recent thing but yeah tru

also azerite was fixed a good year ago lmao, and if they don't add glimmer to paladin in the future it's going to be ASS

Khane

Azerite was never really fixed because Azerite was never really salvageable to begin with. Legendaries were at least powerful and cool. Azerite was a replacement for both legendaries and set bonuses and was not as interesting or powerful as either with a few small exceptions. I played one of the classes that Azerite abilities actually felt good and there was choice (Warlock) but that was the exception, not the rule.

And the currency was a bandaid more than a fix for the reasons I stated above.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man so many of those shitty decision impacts the playerbase outside of the world race elite.

Mythic is tailored around this shit. Take for example Lady Ashvane in the previous tier. She was THE roadblock of the tier because while not complicated she was an extremely tight dps check and execution check.

If you wanted to beat this cunt without waiting 5 weeks for gear to catch up (imagine being in a mythic guild and telling your raiders naaaaah we'll just wait to gear up...lol) you HAD to farm an INSANE amount of pearls in nazjatar to buy benthic and upgrade them.
The thing that was originally thought to be a catch up mechanic to your alts' gear turned out to parse higher than level 445 gear from the current tier, oftentimes by a LARGE amount.

So you had to invest an enormous amount of time, often on multiple characters to run around fucking nazjatar and collect every possible pearl through WQs, rare farming and whatever means you had. It wasn't uncommon to have people do this shit on 4 toons to funnel bracers or belts or whatever to their mains only to get buttfucked by the RNG and not get the piece they needed. What a fucking shitshow of a design.

But hold up, next patch we're gonna one up that shit boys. Here comes the fucking essences. Actually interesting design for once, provides shit to do that doesn't feel too grind........wait nevermind, i have to farm fucking faction for half of them, plus currency to buy them (fuck mechagon and the fucking shitty 1 a day may be 2 oscillators)
OH by the way you have to redo the entire fucking grind for any alt, including faction. Ain't that fucking swell. Oh 2 of your healers are AFK this week, well i guess you better hope someone in the guild spent 60 hours grinding essences for their heal offpsec or their alt healers or you ain't raiding today.

And then there's the plague that is titanforging. The ultimate incarnation of the fear of missing out. You shouldn't gain anything by raiding normal or heroic if you're currently raiding mythic. But you might. Hell, you might titanforge all the way from LFR to the highest iLvl possible. How did that even make it past the test realm in its first iteration? How can you possibly get the best gear out there completely randomly from a WQ or a heroic dungeon or a LFR raid? It's completely shatters the scale of rewards and makes it so hey, you might titanforge that shit so now you feel like you HAVE to run this dumb fucking raid in normal.

And then there's Mythic +. There is so much you can do with M+ that could have made it so much more fun to play. Making the trash the challenge of the dungeon and forcing you to kill most of it was probably the worst way to go about it. Making the rewards the same for running a 10 then for running a 20 (and if you've done this, you fucking know damn well how much better you have to be at the game to run 20's compared to 10's) is so laughably stupid it doesn't even make sense.

I'm not even going going to touch on corruption. It's par for the course, including the lack of testing and understanding of just how much fucking damage this shit does. It's just titanforging RNG all over again but with a different name and a twise. Fuck right off with that shit

But don't worry guys, they'll get it right in shadowlands.
Was titanforged removed, or just "removed" with the new patch?

On the topic of Lady Ashvane, just looking at my friends two day guild and they cleared her a few weeks after mythic opened. Are you saying that they farmed a million hours, or the guild was just better? Are you saying shit tier DPS guilds needed to farm, or EVERY guild?

Mythic+ was fun in legion, but here's the problem. They made it an esport. An esport that no one gives a SHIT about, but they made it nonetheless. So now it's balanced to be a competitive thing, when in Legion it was just a fun thing.

Khane

Mythic+ was fun in legion, but here's the problem. They made it an esport. An esport that no one gives a SHIT about, but they made it nonetheless. So now it's balanced to be a competitive thing, when in Legion it was just a fun thing.

Same problem with Mythic raiding. Well they didn't make it, but they are furthering it.

Also, Lady Ashvane was the fourth boss in an 8 boss raid so clearing it a "few weeks" after it opened isn't exactly stellar progress and kind of corroborates what he is saying about her.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Was titanforged removed, or just "removed" with the new patch?

Removed completely, he said in that video I posted that is still the plan to replace TF in the future with different systems. Which I welcome if it's not worse RNG than TF (corruption)