World of Warcraft: Current Year

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
There is a glut of entertainment options these days.
Only boring people are bored. I still have a long backlog of games I want to play, books to read and TV series to watch. Not everything is going to be a zinger, but if 10% works out I'm set for life.

Watch older series/movies, play older games (consider emulating old consoles) and watch movies/TV from other countries.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Sad part is people still defend this bullshit. I am sure our resident fanbois are typing up a retort about how corruption is amazing and how they wanna gargle Ion's ballbag.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Only boring people are bored. I still have a long backlog of games I want to play, books to read and TV series to watch. Not everything is going to be a zinger, but if 10% works out I'm set for life.

Watch older series/movies, play older games (consider emulating old consoles) and watch movies/TV from other countries.

Hah. So only boring people are bored with fetchit quests? Cool story.

Happysmiles

Trakanon Raider
Welcome to becoming a boomer. Sad really...
I've thought about this a lot. I was torn between whether I'm out of touch or if entertainment started getting too political for my tastes. My conclusion is that I am no longer the target audience for basically anything. I don't pay for DLC or any cosmetics in games. I only played BFA for like 1hr/night and was always under geared. Really only buy games anymore when they're on sale.

10 years ago, I was playing WOW 4-6 hours/day, 10 on the weekends. BFA and other games/movies coming out now aren't being made for me.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh no, it messes with the competitive scene, whatever will we do. Git gud and RNG better. Yeah it’s not balanced and BoEs having it is stupid but OP items are fun. More fun than the rest of the bland items and class design in this shitty xpack.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well, they're fun when you have them. They fucking suck when the people you're trying to compete against do and you don't. Made worse by the fact that all you can do is hope and pray you get one instead of being able to target them.

That's just been the story with WoW itemization for a while though. It's Legion Legendaries with an extra layer of RNG on top!

• 1Truth!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Still better than running UBRS 80something times and not getting Dalrends MH.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

No, it isn't. Dal'rends MH is only a slight upgrade over an Assassination Blade or Krol's and only when you have the OH and doesn't compare to Vis'Kag or Brutality Blade either.

That's the beauty of Classic. Options everywhere and you know how to get them.

Besides, you can get the MH on your first attempt too. That's how RNG works. Same with the stupid fucking corruption gear except there are no real alternate options and you can't target it in any meaningful capacity.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I remember it taking like 20 weeks of killing Onyxia in vanilla to see a second Vis'kag after a HUNTER took the first.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Yea that's how RNG works Mist. Can't speak to your stupid fucking loot system. Though I do remember you posting very early on in the classic thread that YOU got a Vis'Kag, certainly not 20 weeks later. So you're either full of shit and know you're wrong or you're the shithead hunter.

Khane

And that's my point. WoW has been the same RNG bullshit the entire time.

You aren't very smart if you can't see the difference between a system that has targetable alternatives that perform reasonably close to the BiS gear (which is also specifically targetable) and not being able to target ANYTHING and having alternatives that perform abysmally in comparison (which are all also untargetable and purely luck)

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You aren't very smart if you can't see the difference between a system that has targetable alternatives that perform reasonably close to the BiS gear (which is also specifically targetable) and not being able to target ANYTHING and having alternatives that perform abysmally in comparison (which are all also untargetable and purely luck)
Targetable alternatives yet still on weekly lockouts.

Khane

So now Rend is on a weekly lockout? Just go home Mist.

Shit, Mirah's is a quest reward. Guaranteed pre-raid BiS loot off a quest. Competes with raid loot well enough you aren't fearing getting benched because you haven't gotten lucky.

• 1Like

xzi

Mouthbreather
Sad part is people still defend this bullshit. I am sure our resident fanbois are typing up a retort about how corruption is amazing and how they wanna gargle Ion's ballbag.

Nobody likes corruption. Casual or elitist. Not sure where you get this idea from, nobody is defending it.

My only argument about it was that it's not as unbalanced as it was when it launched, which is true but it was what people in this thread that don't play keep saying. But just like talents it's different for every pull, so it doesn't really matter. Just get Twilight Devastation on any class and call it a day.

It's fun if you get some wacky procs on a pull because big number mean big pp. It continues the trend of allowing us to be super OP at the end of an expansion, but the RNG nature of it is as insane as ever. This system unironically would be perfect for Diablo and I'm not sure why it's not in there instead. Funnily enough all the gear changes (including gear sets) to Diablo would fit into WoW. Something is backwards.

• 1Solidarity