World of Warcraft: Current Year

xzi

Mouthbreather
I did some PvP islands and the other team was actually pvping, it was fucking weird.

It was literally just 3 mythic'd out demon hunters and there was absolutely nothing we could do lol they just sat outside our ship waiting

I got deserter from islands AMA

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to get there, Ankoan should be done today because an emissary popped (2nd time in 4 days, I'd rather have had another emissary), Rustbolt is coming along, just 3 more days of daily. I just have Tortollan lagging behind at 5k into Honored, even after having done all the quests though... Going to have to do all their stupid WQs in the next few days.

I'd never thought Champion of Azeroth would go so quickly though. I started getting quests to upgrade the base Essence, and the quests that brought you too Hyjal and the Maelstrom and it shot me to Revered before I knew it.
Oh yeah champions is retarded, the cloak questline gives a shit ton of rep I basically didn't really do anything special and I'm close to exalted. I've been doing tortollan daillies in all 6 zones every day and set my contract to tort when we talked about it so I had a bunch of rep, and just doing the Nazmir questline that gave 6k got me to revered, I was already well into it with just the daillies. Ironically the Voldunai(fox ppl and shit) that I wanted to unlock asap for the quest by hitting exalted was way unimpressive, I did the entire questline there and got like, 5k or whatever(and every quest gave rep, while Nazmir it was like 15quests out of the entire zone), then did the dungeon even and got another 1k and was still short cause I had been skipping daillies. It's exalted instead of revered but I was surprised at how little rep their quests gave, was like 150 for most of it. Gonna unlock them and make a Fury warrior mini furry, honestly I was a big fan of my Disciple Raki in Vanguard so I kinda like these little fucks and their quests were nice.

Nazjatar I've been done a while ago but I started doing some pretty early for gear and I just naturally did the daillies when I was doing the companion 3 daillies shit anyway.

Legion looks also quite annoying not sure if you're doing that but make sure you clear the Wardens WQs everyday cause apparently they don't have a single normal quest, it's just WQs. I've been popping them everyday once I read that so it's going at a decent pace and I'll probably be done with them before I'm done with all the rest but eh.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally unlocked BFA flying, took a while but lined up well, last daily of mechagon xp got me revered, at the same time the Nazmir quest line got me revered with Tortollans(thing gave a massive 6k rep and it was only the main quest, tons of sidequests still up) and then I cleaned up all the story shit and unlocked both achievements together. Now on to Legion, mostly to make it easier to level alts until it's removed. I got Suramar and Highmountain done already since I needed them for allied races, but have to do everything else still.

Guess I'll remember that shit when people complain about Aether currents to unlock flying in FFXIV. Shit takes like 10mins per zone but god forbid sometimes you have to explore the map a bit to find the currents.
Didn't they day all old flying will be able to be a good purchase in Shadowlands?

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
Oh yeah champions is retarded, the cloak questline gives a shit ton of rep I basically didn't really do anything special and I'm close to exalted. I've been doing tortollan daillies in all 6 zones every day and set my contract to tort when we talked about it so I had a bunch of rep, and just doing the Nazmir questline that gave 6k got me to revered, I was already well into it with just the daillies. Ironically the Voldunai(fox ppl and shit) that I wanted to unlock asap for the quest by hitting exalted was way unimpressive, I did the entire questline there and got like, 5k or whatever(and every quest gave rep, while Nazmir it was like 15quests out of the entire zone), then did the dungeon even and got another 1k and was still short cause I had been skipping daillies. It's exalted instead of revered but I was surprised at how little rep their quests gave, was like 150 for most of it. Gonna unlock them and make a Fury warrior mini furry, honestly I was a big fan of my Disciple Raki in Vanguard so I kinda like these little fucks and their quests were nice.

Nazjatar I've been done a while ago but I started doing some pretty early for gear and I just naturally did the daillies when I was doing the companion 3 daillies shit anyway.

Legion looks also quite annoying not sure if you're doing that but make sure you clear the Wardens WQs everyday cause apparently they don't have a single normal quest, it's just WQs. I've been popping them everyday once I read that so it's going at a decent pace and I'll probably be done with them before I'm done with all the rest but eh.

I had Legion flying done back in 7.2, as well as Nightborne, Void Elves and Lightforged unlocked when they were added, thank god I don't have to do that. Not really interested in Highmountain taurens either. We'll see if I do Vulpera and trolls, but would have to take a fresh character through Voldun and Zuldazar for that, not too hyped by the idea.

Just unlocked dark iron dwarves. Still need to work on Kul Tirans but I still have the two dungeons quests, and after that I'll just do dailies. Maybe will go through to exalted for Mechagnomes too.

Didn't they day all old flying will be able to be a good purchase in Shadowlands?

They stated for Draenor and Legion. They didnt say about BFA.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had Legion flying done back in 7.2, as well as Nightborne, Void Elves and Lightforged unlocked when they were added, thank god I don't have to do that. Not really interested in Highmountain taurens either. We'll see if I do Vulpera and trolls, but would have to take a fresh character through Voldun and Zuldazar for that, not too hyped by the idea.

Just unlocked dark iron dwarves. Still need to work on Kul Tirans but I still have the two dungeons quests, and after that I'll just do dailies. Maybe will go through to exalted for Mechagnomes too.

They stated for Draenor and Legion. They didnt say about BFA.
And he was talking about starting legion flying, thus why I posted ...

• 1Worf

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing an alt in this expac is fucking garbage. I'll never complain about Legion legendaries and Legion alts ever again.

• 5Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Playing an alt in this expac is fucking garbage. I'll never complain about Legion legendaries and Legion alts ever again.

It is what made me quit. I didn't want to do that awful cloak quest on my alts. I had my warrior out and got corrupted gear from WQ's. BLUE GEAR. The first mob I attacked and my fucking ARMOR KILLED ME. I logged out, cancelled my sub, and deleted all of Blizzard's content from all of my computers. For the first time since WoW came out, I didn't have it on any of my computers.

I'd like to know what pack of fuckups came up with that idea.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
And he was talking about starting legion flying, thus why I posted ...
I'm doing legion too because I already have 2 of the reps maxed and I'm going to be lvling characters so I figure it's better to just get that shit out of the way too. I could do Draenor also but that ones looks fucked up to unlock with too many time gated shit and I can just do the underwater area and have a "flying" mount they give you 4quests in.

Malkav

French Madman
I'm doing legion too because I already have 2 of the reps maxed and I'm going to be lvling characters so I figure it's better to just get that shit out of the way too. I could do Draenor also but that ones looks fucked up to unlock with too many time gated shit and I can just do the underwater area and have a "flying" mount they give you 4quests in.

By underwater area do you mean Vashjir? I'm pretty sure it was from Cataclysm and not Draenor. ;p
For Draenor flying I paid my way through it as there were sellable rep tokens in AH if I remember correctly, it was pretty easy.

Ended up using my Shadowland boost on a Horde mage, I'll drag it through Voldun and Zuldazar this week I guess. I'm pretty much done on the alliance side except doing Tortollan/Proudmore/Mechagon dailies.
The boost put the character halfway through friendly for the base rep, so it gives a bit of a head start which should be nice. Have no idea how the fuck to play mage though.

I was looking at my blood elf paladin and saw I hadn't unlocked some of the legion order hall armor pieces which are quite nice....but saw one required Exalted with Nightfallen, and this char is only like Honored and said fuck that. God I wish some rep unlocks were account wide sometimes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
By underwater area do you mean Vashjir? I'm pretty sure it was from Cataclysm and not Draenor. ;p
For Draenor flying I paid my way through it as there were sellable rep tokens in AH if I remember correctly, it was pretty easy.

Ended up using my Shadowland boost on a Horde mage, I'll drag it through Voldun and Zuldazar this week I guess. I'm pretty much done on the alliance side except doing Tortollan/Proudmore/Mechagon dailies.
The boost put the character halfway through friendly for the base rep, so it gives a bit of a head start which should be nice. Have no idea how the fuck to play mage though.

I was looking at my blood elf paladin and saw I hadn't unlocked some of the legion order hall armor pieces which are quite nice....but saw one required Exalted with Nightfallen, and this char is only like Honored and said fuck that. God I wish some rep unlocks were account wide sometimes.
Oh right thought it was draenor not sure about that lvl range then, I stopped my monk a bit before that, will see when I get back there. Levels go pretty fast atm though so not a big deal. Made a DH to check out the questline and figure maybe I'll see if I can get a full zone done on that, and somehow came out of the tutorial area shit at almost 105, so I expect I'll hit 110 way before clearing even a single area.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Be aware, in Shadowlands (as part of the level squish) they are going to roll all past flying, outside of BFA, into the flying you buy from the vendor at whatever level they let you buy that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Be aware, in Shadowlands (as part of the level squish) they are going to roll all past flying, outside of BFA, into the flying you buy from the vendor at whatever level they let you buy that.
That's what the last page has been about yeah. Shadowlands is pretty far away though, even the prepatch is probably several months away.

• 1Like

Malkav

French Madman
I really wish they'll expand the length of the rep bonus, maybe not until prepatch, but at least a few more weeks.
They did the right thing with the xp bonus going on until the prepatch, but I really don't trust Blizz to do the right thing twice.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought the bonus was only towards certain reps within BFA? Either way, we are playing World of Collection-Craft so being exalted and getting whatever rep rewards there are for those factions wont necessarily be a bad thing. But to reiterate what has been said already, I wish reps were account wide as well. I started BFA with a mage and .. honestly, I hated playing a Mage. So when I came back a couple months ago, the last thing I wanted to do was play that mage and just started playing my Monk. They change Monks so little from expansion to expansion that I know I'll always have "old reliable" to go to. But to the point - if reps were account wide, I would have had flying at least two weeks earlier. Also, if they were account wide - I would have at least 90% of the factions done from Classic to BFA. Like.. why in the fk would I ever want to farm Timbermaw again? Or Hydraxian Waterlords? or any of that shit.

Not that I would ever want to lose my account again, but I would feel much more attached to it if I was reminded every now and then that Ive played the game since Beta. Overall, I wish they would have made them faction wide a long time ago. Same with Garrisons, and the daily hubs like Panda Farm and such. If they just would have made the Garrison account wide from the start, the game would have been in a much healthier state. But hell, people would lose their shit now if they did that.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
It is what made me quit. I didn't want to do that awful cloak quest on my alts. I had my warrior out and got corrupted gear from WQ's. BLUE GEAR. The first mob I attacked and my fucking ARMOR KILLED ME. I logged out, cancelled my sub, and deleted all of Blizzard's content from all of my computers. For the first time since WoW came out, I didn't have it on any of my computers.

I'd like to know what pack of fuckups came up with that idea.

lol i dont think corruption is great but this may be one of the dumbest posts ive ever read.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Started working on an alt yesterday who was 375 and heart level 37. Today I am 430 and heart 75. Alts aren't that bad right now since they did account wide corruption.

If you are dying to corruption, cleanse it. If you died to your armor the problem isn't blizzard, it exists between the chair and the keyboard.

• 1Like

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you are dying to corruption, cleanse it. If you died to your armor the problem isn't blizzard, it exists between the chair and the keyboard.

The great thing about that is that you can't cleanse corrupted gear without doing the cloak quest lol.

I do agree with the alt thing though, the catch up ap and the account wide essences along with bonus exp have everyone in my guild leveling and equipping alts like mad. Raid nights have become alt raid nights.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
prior to quarantine i had a 477 monk, due to working from home and alt catch up mechanics (literally takes 1-2 days to get an 80 neck) i have 5 characters over 470. this is the most alt friendly wow has been in a very long time.

the cloak quest is long but why would you not do it for a best in slot item youre not replacing ever (even if you dont upgrade it).

Khane

Got something right about marriage
WoW is always alt friendly at the end of an expansion.

• 1Like

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wish this expansion was more friendly to swapping specs. I think that's my number 1 complaint with wow.

Ceowulff Ceowulff - you get the ability to cleanse items before you get the cloak iirc.