World of Warcraft: Current Year

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its still tedious to have to do for every character. 3 hour quest + 2-3 weeks to get it up to rank 12.
Took me like an hour on my third cloak. Someone here pointed out you can skip all but 1 instance by just talking to the quest giver again.

As far as level, you can get unlimited currency now so the level will depend on how you want to grind. I don't want to grind so it's probably 3 weeks to level 12 or so.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
the only concern is how easy visions are for some classes, and a giant pita for others

dratnos posted a tier list on ease of clearing as a base class, obviously bis corruption and gear changes this
a: demon hunter (lol eyebeam)
b: rogue druid hunter
c: warrior monk paladin dk
d: shaman warlock
f: priest mage

i was doing a full clear very early on the DH, the DK i ended up pulling too much and setting myself back a few weeks because i wasted 2 keys.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

gnhuh.png

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
the only concern is how easy visions are for some classes, and a giant pita for others

dratnos posted a tier list on ease of clearing as a base class, obviously bis corruption and gear changes this

i was doing a full clear very early on the DH, the DK i ended up pulling too much and setting myself back a few weeks because i wasted 2 keys.

Basically classes that have good speed boosts + interupts + some immunity options is going to be best. My warlock is solid but the lack of interupts other than the one if you pull out a specific pet for it and gimp your abilities otherwise means doing 4 or 5 masks solo is just aggravating. Prot paladins are just non stop interupts/stuns with a bag full of get out of jail free options makes them lol easy.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Essences and shit are probably going to be disabled by lvl 52 or something though right? So kinda doesn't really matter I think.
Yup which is why I would bet good money that they just open all of them up to everybody for minimal effort a month or two before expansion. At that point it simply won't matter any more so like end of legion may as well let people go crazy and have some fun on rando alts while they wait for expansion.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Why is eyebeam the thing that makes DH's good at clearing visions? It's Blade Dance/Death Sweep that most of the AE damage comes from with Trail of Ruin, plus the movement speed. Eyebeam only looks like it does a lot of AE damage, it's really not that impressive in damage. You really only hit it because it procs FURIOUS GAZE for 12 seconds and TURNS YOU INTO A BIG FUCKING DEMON for 8 seconds.

Also I think you're significantly under-rating ret pallies, warriors and DKs. Well-geared fury warriors are on par with DHs and DKs aren't far behind, just need some movement speed buffs like the 20% run speed food because DKs are the most fucking wheelchair class ever. That Unique-Equipped 5% run speed gem that nobody uses is also way better than +50 to a secondary stat gem for most classes.

Also, class abilities don't matter once you can stack 4 ranks of Twilight Dev. A tank with 4 ranks of Twilight Dev will probably solo clear it faster than anyone because the mobs will only have half health while their twilight dev will do double the damage of a DPS class due to it being 24% of their massive hitpoint pool.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Why is eyebeam the thing that makes DH's good at clearing visions? It's Blade Dance/Death Sweep that most of the AE damage comes from with Trail of Ruin, plus the movement speed. Eyebeam only looks like it does a lot of AE damage, it's really not that impressive in damage. You really only hit it because it procs FURIOUS GAZE for 12 seconds and TURNS YOU INTO A BIG FUCKING DEMON for 8 seconds.

Also I think you're significantly under-rating ret pallies, warriors and DKs. Well-geared fury warriors are on par with DHs and DKs aren't far behind, just need some movement speed buffs like the 20% run speed food because DKs are the most fucking wheelchair class ever. That Unique-Equipped 5% run speed gem that nobody uses is also way better than +50 to a secondary stat gem for most classes.

Also, class abilities don't matter once you can stack 4 ranks of Twilight Dev. A tank with 4 ranks of Twilight Dev will probably solo clear it faster than anyone because the mobs will only have half health while their twilight dev will do double the damage of a DPS class due to it being 24% of their massive hitpoint pool.

as a mythic raiding DH i know this =p. Eyebeam is amazing because it enables demonic, which enables leech, which enables death sweep, which enables eyes of rage, which enables furious gaze. youre right eyebeam is not in my top 10 damaging abilities but with the correct azerite traits its what cascades into basically having a 12 second bloodlust every 25(ish) seconds for 12 seconds.

that wasn't my tier list, that was from Dratnos, i'll link the video below. my guild is 11/12m and we have mages with 4x masterful gear that still run visions with a partner because its obnoxious as a caster to do the visions solo.

I also run this on 477 BrM with TD4/EV2 (i can go up to TD7 but who needs to go that high), if TD procs it destroys entire packs, but you'll get a big number of packs with zero procs. I also run it on a 472 Blood DK, once again at the end almost all of my dmg is from TD, and if you dont proc its sad times.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yup which is why I would bet good money that they just open all of them up to everybody for minimal effort a month or two before expansion. At that point it simply won't matter any more so like end of legion may as well let people go crazy and have some fun on rando alts while they wait for expansion.
It already is open to everyone with minimal effort...

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
I hate the randomness of Emissary quests, I wish they were on a fixed cycle. Getting 7th Legion again while you're already Exalted and already had the emissary like 2 days ago sucks.

deathproof17

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be for a new player to lvl to max and have so much shit you need to do at max level if you want to even start minmaxing. Essences, azerite, corruptions..cloak

In Classic you can immediately jump into a MC or ZG and wearing greens.

xzi

Mouthbreather
with a guild, anything is possible

except nzoth you need the cloak or you die

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate the randomness of Emissary quests, I wish they were on a fixed cycle. Getting 7th Legion again while you're already Exalted and already had the emissary like 2 days ago sucks.

Did they change that? I swear early on like 8.0/8.1 they were on a 6 day cycle? I figured they just had made it a 7 day one with the addition of Ankoan

Malkav

French Madman
Did they change that? I swear early on like 8.0/8.1 they were on a 6 day cycle? I figured they just had made it a 7 day one with the addition of Ankoan

In the past few days, we got Ankoans twice and 7th Legion twice, so I don't know. I'd kill for some Tortollan emissary right now.

xzi

Mouthbreather
The rewards are on a cycle yeah, like you won't get an AP one for the same rep twice but you can get an AP emissary followed by an azerite armor emissary the next day. But it usually doesn't happen very often.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
On visions, I read that Holy Paladin was also very easy cause healer hp reduction with high damage(cooldown dependant but basically wings is up for everything useful, and like all paladins you get stuns, bubble which also stops madness so great to use in the high danger areas and just a bunch of nice tools). Does need glimmer azerite traits though.

I can't imagine how overwhelming it must be for a new player to lvl to max and have so much shit you need to do at max level if you want to even start minmaxing. Essences, azerite, corruptions..cloak

In Classic you can immediately jump into a MC or ZG and wearing greens.

The worst part though is it's REALLY confusing to figure out what you need, what is timegated(and as such what you need to do asap), and really how to proceed. The old school way was simple, you run max lvl dungeons, you run raids you can do, you grind reps(for some specific pieces so rep was class dependant) in the downtime(in BC+) and that's it.

But now there's 20 different systems and you don't know about them without reading a guide. Also doesn't help that you have to skip around the story shit to unlock them asap, especially the cloak is a huge upgrade and will skyrocket your ilvl making your weekly drops better, but it's all out of place if you do it right away. I don't know why they needed it to be a cloak instead of just rolling that shit in the heart of azerite and having a secondary bar or whatever on it, linking "purification" to progress, so the more visions you do, the stronger the purification effect. It's also weird how it basically invalidates all cloak drops from the entire expansion.

I did this a couple weeks ago and honestly it took me a ton of reading up to figure out most of the systems and even then I was still confused by a bunch of shit.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You of all people should know they can make it available for even less effort, and probably will.
It's basically where it was with Legion right? You can buy essences with currency. The time gating on all quests was removed. You can grind the currency to open visions. What else do you want?