World of Warcraft: Current Year

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing a MMO and caring about its lore is the same as going to a strip club and ogling at the lighting.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Playing a MMO and caring about its lore is the same as going to a strip club and ogling at the lighting.

I've picked up some great concepts about what not to do with RGB lightning in a PC just because of strip clubs. Kingwin CPU fans = the pinnacle fan for strippers.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I will say that I liked the Algalon story because I identify as a planet-cleansing artificial intelligence.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Some parts of the lore are good but they're in the middle of large bunch of fillers and stuff. Like I thought Suramar in Legion was really interesting, and the ghost prince story thing in that other zone was decent, but every other zone was some boring shit or nonsensical crap(emerald dream arc was fucking stupid and casually kills important characters or make others look like chumps) and the entire premise of Illidan getting resurected or whatever because he wasn't actually so bad and he's the only way to fight against the Legion was retarded.

I don't think I really liked anything much in the horde side of BFA, Blood trolls and "normal" trolls everywhere and the same shit. The dead god guy was pretty cool and I did kinda like the lighter themed cartoon furries parts but overall it was all meh, and the main war story was pretty fucking shit. Then Mechagon was just dumb shit and the whole Nazjatar stuff while it looked great was also dumb as fuck. The Nzoth stuff was pretty cool overall, but feels kinda packed in there when it should probably have spanned 2 patches for more developments(same for Azshara tbh). Didn't help that the whole thing was out of order as I needed to unlock stuff from later patches first for gear and then go back and do earlier patches stuff.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Are there people who think the lore is actually good or worth while?
Its not worthwhile because its garbage. See Azshara as Pyros pointed out. One of Warcraft's most prominent characters reduced to a few snide random monologues.

Its like they are actively trying to make the story/lore shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its not worthwhile because its garbage. See Azshara as Pyros pointed out. One of Warcraft's most prominent characters reduced to a few snide random monologues.

I thought some people were actively saying they enjoyed the lore in WoW. Like the alliance story is cool and all for a video game but it's still like reading a fantasy story written by a 5th grader.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This, and maybe something else too:

• 1Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

xzi

Mouthbreather
I like the lore but when it comes to the overall world building of the game, there's a lot of really great stories interwoven throughout the entire world but that would require paying attention to more than running to the blue spot on the map, which literally nobody does.

The main story is okay, not good not bad, just okay. But I also don't and never will expect a God of War narrative out of a 15 year old MMO.

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
This, and maybe something else too:
200.gif

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rime

<Donor>
It is just virtue signaling. Everyone thought Chromie was transgender for literal YEARS and nobody cared.
(Note: They later came out and said Chromie is not transgender, they are just a female dragon with a male name.)

Rime

<Donor>
Chronormu is Chromie's actual name.

-ormu is the standard naming convention for male dragons of the Bronze Dragonflight, taking after their prime Aspect, Nozdormu. Female dragons tend to end in -ormi.

• 1Faggotry

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Chronormu + Chromie = Chronormie. Fucking cis garbage.

• 1Worf

Big Phoenix

<Gold Donor>
Chronormu is Chromie's actual name.

-ormu is the standard naming convention for male dragons of the Bronze Dragonflight, taking after their prime Aspect, Nozdormu. Female dragons tend to end in -ormi.
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say Chromie is the result of a NPC being made before really any of the lore surrounding the NPC and its race really exists. They make what they think is one off NPC(iirc his first appearance is in western plaguelands in vanilla) and give it a obvious nickname based upon its real name then 5-6 years later it contradicted by the newly expanded lore.

Of course since we live in clown world idiots thought that meant transgender.

• 3Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I could believe that Chromie is packing a huge fucking dick under those robes.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say Chromie is the result of a NPC being made before really any of the lore surrounding the NPC and its race really exists. They make what they think is one off NPC(iirc his first appearance is in western plaguelands in vanilla) and give it a obvious nickname based upon its real name then 5-6 years later it contradicted by the newly expanded lore.

Chromie hasn't eaten a barrel full of buckshot from a self inflicted shotgun wound. All the evidence needed to prove = NOT TRANNY.

Rime

<Donor>

No doubt, but Blizzard had a chance to 'organically' introduce it years ago, they only chose to do it now to virtue signal.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Depends on the MMO. If you're playing FF XIV and not paying attention to the lore/story you're just missing, frankly. WoW doesn't come anywhere close to that, although I don't mind keeping up with whatever their overall story is...despite it usually being held together in some spots by duct tape and paper clips.

• 1Solidarity