World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought Blizzard was famous for especially paying their employees shit because everyone would put up with it for the chance to work at Blizzard?
They do but from people I know in the industry the pay does not seem that far out of line from what I have seen from other development houses for other positions. Low end QA/CS type positions basically go 3-4 people to a house to have any chance of living there.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

This should fall under water is wet, and the sky is blue.

The fact they have let this shit go on under the guise of gold trading for as long as they have is just another reason retail is shit. Good first step but really they should be perma banning these people by IP or credit card info or some other means to prevent them just rolling up a new account and go back into goblin banking. There is a reason these people have been kicked out of so many countries through history.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I thought Blizzard was famous for especially paying their employees shit because everyone would put up with it for the chance to work at Blizzard?

This is the entire games industry. I applied to a developer position on the business side of EA. When I asked for like a 10% bump in compensation to what I was currently making the recruiter told me directly that they wanted people who, "wanted to work there." The salary they expected me to take was like 20% less than I was currently making and it wouldn't have been anywhere near the actual game development side of the company.

I laughed at him and that was that. This was in 2016.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider

Oh man that thread is great. Some people are demanding that Blizzard send them the gold that they are "owed" for boosting. Millions of gold.

lmfao

• 1Worf

Rime

<Donor>
That is an arseload of gold taken out of the economy. Gallywix NA was pulling down 1.2-2,000,000,000 gold every two weeks.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They'll just reappear under a different name. They are just the tip of the iceberg too.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
TLDR? From what I gather Gallywix was a discord community involved in selling runs, gold etc? Is that the long and short of it? Why are all the spergs in that thread so butthurt - clearly against Blizz's TOS - I've gotten banned for much, much less and have taken the L and moved on.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Gallywix acted as a middle man for boosting. It is a pain to advertise and find buyers on your own, so you would go to gallywix, tell them what days you raid, and gallywix would send you as many carries as you could handle. They guaranteed it was gold only, and since they have been running for so long their reputation was pretty good, most believed it.

But when you're dealing with that much gold, you're guaranteed to have some RMT. Sounds like Blizzard found some RMT within the community, and are now hitting everyone they can within that community. A lot of people are currently owed millions of gold, and will likely never see any of it now, so that's probably why they are mad. Some people probably got banned for it as well, without knowing they were engaging in RMT.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Blizzard found some of the founders/high accounts were doing RMT (which is the bannable part. Actually just selling runs for gold is 100% legal within the confines of the game). They were also sharing many, many 'banking' accounts, which is also very 'illegal' according to the TOS.

The bank accounts being banned means that BILLIONS of gold just evaporated from the world, so rather than deal with the fallout of the bans, they (Gallywix founders/managers) just deleted everything. Twitter, Discord, websites, etc. All gone. Anyone 'owed' money by them will never see a copper.

They also did Hardware ID bans, so they not only killed their main accounts, but all of their alt accounts, family members who play on the same machine, etc.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
If this is true then the remains of Method (forming now as Echo) have egg on their face as well for buying their Epics for the world first race via RMT:

EDIT: Well, at least he admits it:

• 1Worf

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
So spriest is finally getting a rework. Void form is going to be a cooldown. However, a form of old void form is still accessible through a talent. What the fuck is the point? If the talented void form is the better option, we are still stuck with that garbage. If the talented void form is not a better option, why the fuck are we wasting a talent slot on it? This is going to be garbage, guaranteed.

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
So spriest is finally getting a rework. Void form is going to be a cooldown. However, a form of old void form is still accessible through a talent. What the fuck is the point? If the talented void form is the better option, we are still stuck with that garbage. If the talented void form is not a better option, why the fuck are we wasting a talent slot on it? This is going to be garbage, guaranteed.
Some people are losing their shit over losing Voidform.

Those people are delusional fucks and should feel bad about their life choices.

• 1Like

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1596557772670.png

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

I think they are basically leaving the half assed void form that everybody complains about in a somewhat gimped form so if you really want that playstyle you can still do it but I think it basically will get phased out at some point. That mode void form is either going to suck or in the hands of the 1% stupidly OP. A flat CD is something thats WAY easier to balance for and make feel overall satisfying. It also allows them to bring up their default power level because you don't have to guess how long they can keep riding the void form any more.