World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Covenants have an Oribos portal? I guess I never noticed since I'm a mage and just teleport there.

I was actually hoping the covenant hearthstone was a fixed hearth to that location like the Dalaran Hearthstone had been. As it is I can't imagine having a Hearthstone locked to any locations other than the Covenant. There's also the fact that the Kyrian base has two innkeepers for reasons I can't fathom...

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Covenants have an Oribos portal? I guess I never noticed since I'm a mage and just teleport there.

I was actually hoping the covenant hearthstone was a fixed hearth to that location like the Dalaran Hearthstone had been. As it is I can't imagine having a Hearthstone locked to any locations other than the Covenant. There's also the fact that the Kyrian base has two innkeepers for reasons I can't fathom...
Necrolord gets an upgrade which unlocks a second one as well. It's not even closer to the flight node so it also makes no sense to me.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider

Rank 3 transportation network for all covenants has an oribos portal I believe.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
2 posts since Monday and we just had blizzcon.

Everyone is busy with 1k anima and 20 button clicks in the Maw.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
2 posts since Monday and we just had blizzcon.

Everyone is busy with 1k anima and 20 button clicks in the Maw.

That shit takes less than 45 minutes as long as you leave up a couple WQ overnight with anima rewards.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
That shit takes less than 45 minutes as long as you leave up a couple WQ overnight with anima rewards.

LFR is a pretty fast easy way to finish it too with the upped rewards the last couple wings give you a huge chunk of what you need for the week.

Merrith

LFR is a pretty fast easy way to finish it too with the upped rewards the last couple wings give you a huge chunk of what you need for the week.

Haven't tried it that way. In general you have enough on the map from WQ's to be close, depending on how many 3 or 4 x 35's you get. Also the transport network usually has a quest or two with anima rewards, as will anima conductor upgrades. World Boss is always 250 anima, so you can knock off a quarter right off the bat.

Souls are just super easy find a spot where they are respawning fast and click.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lord denathrius is 5 of the 35 anima tokens as is the gargoyle council fight. Everything else is 3 of the 35 anima tokens so it works out that each wing is like 3-4 good anima world quests and goes pretty fast. This time its not like n'zoth nonsense all the fights are pretty easy and not a lot of wipes or messing around.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
well it is a currency that you can use to purchase transmogs and mounts so its as much a reward as anything in this game.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh also you can use it to upgrade gear to 197 and get battle pets as well with it in addition to stuff in the covenant hall. My biggest issue with it is anima is overly stingy currently.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oh also you can use it to upgrade gear to 197 and get battle pets as well with it in addition to stuff in the covenant hall. My biggest issue with it is anima is overly stingy currently.

Biggest killer is lack of M+ valor badges. Should have been farming them for weeks and weeks now.

My DH alt is 206 for a month almost. I keep getting the same items in my chest. Like others before me said, it just makes you want to call it quits.

I got so fucked on RNG that my Boomkin hit 205 catchup and I'm completely stagnant on my DH alt. I started the alts 2 months apart. I'm not going to raid on alts, so just feel ripped off it took months to get close to a M+ badge system. The reward RNG bullshit should have been fixed since January.

But this is what Blizz wanted-- people wasting time hoping for good weekly chest loots. It worked because engagement hit record highs for Shadowlands.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Biggest killer is lack of M+ valor badges. Should have been farming them for weeks and weeks now.

My DH alt is 206 for a month almost. I keep getting the same items in my chest. Like others before me said, it just makes you want to call it quits.

I got so fucked on RNG that my Boomkin hit 205 catchup and I'm completely stagnant on my DH alt. I started the alts 2 months apart. I'm not going to raid on alts, so just feel ripped off it took months to get close to a M+ badge system. The reward RNG bullshit should have been fixed since January.

But this is what Blizz wanted-- people wasting time hoping for good weekly chest loots. It worked because engagement hit record highs for Shadowlands.

I made a DPS demonhunter when I came back, and tried to PvP with it. I think my cloth wearing mage has 5x the survivability, I feel utterly useless to my team. Vengance isn't a bad spec though, and they are great tanks.

Leveled up an alt pretty quick with war mode on, the exp bonus and pvp talents helped speed it up. Getting ganked was super rare, and would only take 5 seconds to fly back to my corpse in Mists. The *instant* I started in Shadowlands, I realized they put you in the same instance as fully geared 60s, 2 of which attacked the instant my flight was done. Had to sneak back to turn that shit off lol.

Overall, this expansion is just not friendly for alts, though Threads of Fate is a nice feature.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I made a DPS demonhunter when I came back, and tried to PvP with it. I think my cloth wearing mage has 5x the survivability, I feel utterly useless to my team. Vengance isn't a bad spec though, and they are great tanks.

Leveled up an alt pretty quick with war mode on, the exp bonus and pvp talents helped speed it up. Getting ganked was super rare, and would only take 5 seconds to fly back to my corpse in Mists. The *instant* I started in Shadowlands, I realized they put you in the same instance as fully geared 60s, 2 of which attacked the instant my flight was done. Had to sneak back to turn that shit off lol.

Overall, this expansion is just not friendly for alts, though Threads of Fate is a nice feature.

Oh man I spent weeks trying to crack the code to dps DH's. I think the defensive cooldowns need a rework. One strat I tried is blow all CDs immediately, including defensives. It allows you to trade with wars and rogues momentarily, problem is both those classes have strong self healing or fight resets. It feels like a game of chess where the other guys get more moves than you. But none of that changes the fact a rogue can 100 to 0 a Havoc DH from sap. And I'm at 17% versatility (not terrible not great). In Rated BG's forget it, the whole game knows Havoc can't stop a go. It's an easy mark just like Frost DK to pick off and usually you get prioritized. When you see frost DK, you light it up. Havoc is in the same boat. But like you said, DH have Veng in PvP and it's in-demand. At least one viable spec.

The change to unbound chaos talent for 9.1 or whenever is allowing an extra 12k critical I'm hearing, so at least Havoc will have some more burst to justify it's newspaper survivability-- that is yes, much below a mage's survivability.

Dalien

Registered Hodor

It's going to be interesting to see their next quarterly report. They had "record highs" in Q4 2020 because it included everyone who logged in during the month of December (and Dec 1st was 9 days after the expansion launched). Q1 2021 is going to show a huge dropoff which is why they're scrambling to add Valor back now.

Daidraco

Too little, too late. Honestly, if people come back this expansion it’s going to take one hell of a content drop. Even if valor was in from the beginning, there just isn’t enough shit to do that isn’t grinding. So it would still be at least headed in the same direction even with valor

This is the situation where f2p games win out over subscription models. If you only log in once a week to play, then you aren’t going to keep the sub going. So now that the person with no sub stops playing, then those that are still subbed stop playing when they don’t have anyone to play with.

No one mentioned anything about blizzcon because the event was shit tier for WOW. They threw together some stuff they knew people wanted to hear in a paragraph. Then the second paragraph was more text about their plans. Very little teaser information, screenshots, etc.

This is all kind of frustrating because other mmo’s are putting out not only more content, but higher quality content. All within the same time period of each other. Again, this expansion has good bones but shit tier management is running it into the ground.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It really is too little too late. I'm dragging ass for the 3rd week in a row, barely able to log in more than 2 days a week to clear chores and get a weekly high key done.

And I have to bust my balls and "meditate" about logging on. The magic and addiction to SL was dissolved by a poorly thought out reward system.

The system they launched with worked-- but it worked for only 4-5 weeks before it hit problems. They fucking blew it. We'll see what 9.1 can do.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dalien

Registered Hodor
This is all kind of frustrating because other mmo’s are putting out not only more content, but higher quality content. All within the same time period of each other. Again, this expansion has good bones but shit tier management is running it into the ground.

Yeah, feels like they are life support that this point. ActiBlizz management keeps trying to squeeze more blood out of that stone but it's already dry. There's only so much bullshit players will put up with before they unsub and go play something else.

I beat the solo game this week (Twisting Corridors 8) on my shitty 198 AffLock, that was actually really fun and challenging. After that there's nothing left to do for players like me until 9.1 (or 9.2?) though. Legion/BFA scaling is still busted (and they are not going to fix it), so I guess the collectors will come back in a year or two when they get around to fixing it.

It's frustrating because the "bones" as you say are really good for this xpac. In Beta I was in love with this shit and really thought it could be the best xpac ever. Then they methodically sucked the fun out of every aspect and added systems on top of systems to "fix" the systems that they got bad feedback on.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users