World of Warcraft: Current Year

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Shadowlands is still forty dollars a year later and now they're trying to get 60 dollars on top for a boost? Goddamn. Weren't they just milking people with a glowing cat mount and just before that new six month sub perks?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My best guess on these from left->right:
Monk???, druid, mage, DK
priest, rogue, I have no fucking clue Shaman?

• 1Like

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider

Jesus Christ this is embarrassing. If you ever needed any more evidence that all the talent has long since left the WoW team, this is it. I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to spend time in a video game learning to translate a made-up fantasy language? I'm a huge fucking nerd and even I think that sounds boring and dumb.

Me: "oh hey it turns out this set of squiggly lines means "Friend". wow thanks blizzard i finally learned about the power of friendship. now i just gotta unlock 87 more squiggly lines to equip my raid gear"

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>

Jesus Christ this is embarrassing. If you ever needed any more evidence that all the talent has long since left the WoW team, this is it. I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to spend time in a video game learning to translate a made-up fantasy language? I'm a huge fucking nerd and even I think that sounds boring and dumb.

Me: "oh hey it turns out this set of squiggly lines means "Friend". wow thanks blizzard i finally learned about the power of friendship. now i just gotta unlock 87 more squiggly lines to equip my raid gear"

1636660221196.png

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I quit Shadowlands after 2 weeks.

This guy fucks. I ran a solid 6+ months of daily play. 9.1 for the breakpoint, but it's permanent.

Doubt there is anything in 10.0 with current leadership that could get me back in-- save for an Elune expansion.

Cataclysm Part 2 (which is the plan by Blizzard at the moment) definitely tugs some nostalgic strings, going back to the classic world. I'd have to bite down hard to resist.

I'm hoping there will be strong alternatives or I can get into Lost Ark by the time 10.0 rolls around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

How do you spell "fruit" in this new language?

Also, "bowl".

Cybsled

I mean, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to spend time in a video game learning to translate a made-up fantasy language? I'm a huge fucking nerd and even I think that sounds boring and dumb.

I wasn’t bothered by that, because that is a big part of No Man’s Sky, which is where I assume they got the inspiration from

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I wasn’t bothered by that, because that is a big part of No Man’s Sky, which is where I assume they got the inspiration from
I never played No Man's Sky, but I'm assuming they probably have a more interesting way of handling alien languages than having your elf hit 300 mobs with an axe to get enough language fragments to turn in to the language vendor so he will sell you the word for "tedium".

• 1Like

Cybsled

In NMS you either learned words from rune structures on planets or you asked a random alien to teach you a word

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The set armor looks kinda neat in the concept pictures but then in game it's clown armor.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Soo... basically, the setting is from Guild Wars 2, Asura theme.
asura-02.jpg

This team is just making it to easy to clown on them at this point. Definitely the cool kids in HS leading this.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's just puzzling to me how they:

1) Set up the Titan Pantheon and how they may not be friendly if they return in Vanilla, WotLK and Pandaria.

2) Set up a successor to the Lich King who would still be half Ner'zhul and not nessesarily be friendly long term, in WotLK.

3) Set up The Emerald Dream, Nathrazim Homeworld, Naaru Homeworld and Azjol'Nerub in Vanilla/BC/WotLK.

Recognise any of that stuff? It's everything in the Shadowlands except in the old Metzen lore.

Titan Pantheon is gone in an end expansion patch they didn't need to be in and you only fight one of them.

Bolvar Lich King was undone in a cinematic, you don't even fight him yourself.

Emerald Dream was cut from Vanilla, resolved in a book, then wasted as a raid in an expansion it didn't need to be in. Azjol'Nerub was cut from WotLK and wasted in 2 dungeons. Nathrazim and Naaru homeworlds were never visited but would have fit well in a cosmic expansion with Argus.

So after having wasted all their anticipated expansion concepts for no reason (not even mentioning Elemental Planes, Argus, Nazjatar and Nyalotha only being patch zones/raids), we get these weird alternate reality versions of all these things done over.

Titans are now First Ones.

Lich King is now The Jailor.

The Emerald Dream is now Ardenweald.
Nathrazim Homeworld is now Ravendreth.
Naaru Homeworld is now Bastion.
Azjol'Nerub is now Maldraxxus.
Argus is now The Maw.
Titan Homeworld is now Zereth Mortis.

People are looking back at Pandaria with fondness, because they took part of an anticipated South Seas expansion concept and fleshed it out to a full expansion. They didn't waste Pandaria as a single expansion patch zone.

Fuck Blizzard for ruining their own world.

• 1Like

Fuzzynutts

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's just puzzling to me how they:

1) Set up the Titan Pantheon and how they may not be friendly if they return in Vanilla, WotLK and Pandaria.

2) Set up a successor to the Lich King who would still be half Ner'zhul and not nessesarily be friendly long term, in WotLK.

3) Set up The Emerald Dream, Nathrazim Homeworld, Naaru Homeworld and Azjol'Nerub in Vanilla/BC/WotLK.

Recognise any of that stuff? It's everything in the Shadowlands except in the old Metzen lore.

Titan Pantheon is gone in an end expansion patch they didn't need to be in and you only fight one of them.

Bolvar Lich King was undone in a cinematic, you don't even fight him yourself.

Emerald Dream was cut from Vanilla, resolved in a book, then wasted as a raid in an expansion it didn't need to be in. Azjol'Nerub was cut from WotLK and wasted in 2 dungeons. Nathrazim and Naaru homeworlds were never visited but would have fit well in a cosmic expansion with Argus.

So after having wasted all their anticipated expansion concepts for no reason (not even mentioning Elemental Planes, Argus, Nazjatar and Nyalotha only being patch zones/raids), we get these weird alternate reality versions of all these things done over.

Titans are now First Ones.

Lich King is now The Jailor.

The Emerald Dream is now Ardenweald.
Nathrazim Homeworld is now Ravendreth.
Naaru Homeworld is now Bastion.
Azjol'Nerub is now Maldraxxus.
Argus is now The Maw.
Titan Homeworld is now Zereth Mortis.

People are looking back at Pandaria with fondness, because they took part of an anticipated South Seas expansion concept and fleshed it out to a full expansion. They didn't waste Pandaria as a single expansion patch zone.

Fuck Blizzard for ruining their own world.
I literally pre-paid for Shadowlands, played a total of 2 weeks. uninstalled it and havent looked back. Try New World, while not perfect, it is better than the garbage thats wow right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
Wow, nothing here even exciting enough to get me to resub with gold just to check it out.

Unfortunately the number of people who eat this shut up is a large enough group to keep this company a ‘success’. They’ll continue to eat their slop and beg for more. I know I did for years.

But honestly at this point I am a customer that can’t be realistically recovered. The entire direction of the company would have to change. WoW’s infrastructure to me was what always kept the game head and shoulders above competitors. Large and seamless continents and smooth gameplay. Those things are still there, but the writing team and systems designers are so far in the opposite direction of what I would enjoy it’s irreparable.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Serwol

Vyemm Raider
I might be tempted to come back long enough to clear the raid in LFR then quit again just to see the stuff first hand

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Consider that resubing with gold generates more money for blizzard than just resubing with money.
Because it means someone bought a token for a significantly greater ammount than the sub you just got.

The tokens were a genius invention... and they are fucking it all up anyway.