World of Warcraft: Current Year

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Why does the shit even need to be complicated to that degree? timed? any of that shit? Just make the dungeon harder with more damage, more hp, more affixes. Designing bull shit metrics to squash degenerate gameplay that only 0.01% of the player base actually tries to do is bullshit and needs to die in a fire. I give zero fucks if someone cheeses out a dungeon and it takes them 10 hours to do. Stop the gear progression at 15, stop cosmetic progression at 20 and move the fuck on. If you can skip mobs great, if you cant idc.
Because if you just make it brutally hard but don't put a timer, everyone will just wait for cooldowns every pull, which will just make the game obnoxious. You'll have people beat a +35 by spending 9 hours in the dungeon because they lust every pull.

There's a lot of shit wrong with WoW but the Mythic+ design isn't really one of them. The only thing wrong with M+ is how bullshit some of the affix combos are, like Necrotic + Sanguine means never finding a tank that wants to do a key all week, or Grievous making it particularly hard for certain healing classes, or Quaking making having more than 1 melee DPS into a huge liability, etc. The weekly affixes are not very well balanced and really add no enjoyment to the dungeons.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Mandriana

Because if you just make it brutally hard but don't put a timer, everyone will just wait for cooldowns every pull, which will just make the game obnoxious. You'll have people beat a +35 by spending 9 hours in the dungeon because they lust every pull.

There's a lot of shit wrong with WoW but the Mythic+ design isn't really one of them. The only thing wrong with M+ is how bullshit some of the affix combos are, like Necrotic + Sanguine means never finding a tank that wants to do a key all week, or Grievous making it particularly hard for certain healing classes, or Quaking making having more than 1 melee DPS into a huge liability, etc. The weekly affixes are not very well balanced and really add no enjoyment to the dungeons.
Annnnnnnnnd? Who fucking cares? Let mythic dungeons be fun, and get rid of trying to make them fucking awful, all in order to cater and cockblock (at the same time) the non-existent MDI e-sport bullshit 0.1% poopsockers that spend all their time jerking off to min-maxing this shit. You want to spend 9 hours clearing waiting for heroism? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 stealth classes to bypass shit? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 guardian druids to AE thrash the entire fucking dungeon? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 Hunters or 5 Warlocks to pet tank the dungeon? Fine, you do you. Geeee whilikers BatmanI! It would be a shame if they brought back fun to a fucking game that people are leaving by the millions, in order to play something else that's... fun.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Annnnnnnnnd? Who fucking cares? Let mythic dungeons be fun, and get rid of trying to make them fucking awful, all in order to cater and cockblock (at the same time) the non-existent MDI e-sport bullshit 0.1% poopsockers that spend all their time jerking off to min-maxing this shit. You want to spend 9 hours clearing waiting for heroism? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 stealth classes to bypass shit? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 guardian druids to AE thrash the entire fucking dungeon? Fine, you do you. You want to bring 5 Hunters or 5 Warlocks to pet tank the dungeon? Fine, you do you. Geeee whilikers BatmanI! It would be a shame if they brought back fun to a fucking game that people are leaving by the millions, in order to play something else that's... fun.
You're free to do all of those things in regular Mythic 0 dungeons or non-M+ dungeons like Tazavesh this patch (almost the entire dungeon is skippable with the right strats.) And I agree that there should be more challenging dungeon content that exists outside of the M+ system (like Operation: Mechagon, etc) where you can play more freeform like that and put in as much time as you want, or skip or class stack as much as you want, etc. Mini-raid style dungeons are really fun when done correctly, and Blizzard doesn't do enough of them.

But M+ exists for a reason. If you're going to give out loot on-par and above Heroic raid loot, there needs to be some rubric for success beyond just stubbornness. Even with the relatively tight confines of the M+ system, you can do +15s with incredibly bizarre meme groups like 5 warriors or 5 guardian druids if you really want to, and still time. +15s are not hard and are extremely forgiving to a large variety of strategies. And for the people complaining about timers, you can still get loot and get Great Vault even if you don't time, you just can't progress to the next difficulty, which is perfectly reasonable.

But I do agree with getting rid of fucking awful, annoying punisher mechanics like the current affixes. They should flip the affix system on its head and make the affixes into rotating bonuses instead of rotating "fuck you" mechanics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You're free to do all of those things in regular Mythic 0 dungeons or non-M+ dungeons like Tazavesh this patch (almost the entire dungeon is skippable with the right strats.) And I agree that there should be more challenging dungeon content that exists outside of the M+ system (like Operation: Mechagon, etc) where you can play more freeform like that and put in as much time as you want, or skip or class stack as much as you want, etc. Mini-raid style dungeons are really fun when done correctly, and Blizzard doesn't do enough of them.

But M+ exists for a reason. If you're going to give out loot on-par and above Heroic raid loot, there needs to be some rubric for success beyond just stubbornness. Even with the relatively tight confines of the M+ system, you can do +15s with incredibly bizarre meme groups like 5 warriors or 5 guardian druids if you really want to, and still time. +15s are not hard and are extremely forgiving to a large variety of strategies. And for the people complaining about timers, you can still get loot and get Great Vault even if you don't time, you just can't progress to the next difficulty, which is perfectly reasonable.

But I do agree with getting rid of fucking awful, annoying punisher mechanics like the current affixes. They should flip the affix system on its head and make the affixes into rotating bonuses instead of rotating "fuck you" mechanics.
I would point out how you defended the difficulty of the content and then went on to say how easy said content was within the same breath, but thats irrelevant. Timers and kill counts are an obnoxious and unimaginative way to create artificial difficulty. Thats it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Weak devs put in timers because they cannot figure out how to make challenging yet fair content otherwise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
You said there's nothing wrong with Mythic+, and then went on to explain how it is wrong for EVERY SINGLE CLASS IN THE GAME.

rgsytrwge.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I’m not really sure how I’d change M+ to make it better in a general sense but some of the affixes need to be shitcanned for sure. I’m ok with them adding a little curveball from week to week but some of them just add pure frustration and nothing else, fuck you sanguine.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Was this discussed before? This is the new Warlock pet, an Incubus?

The Trannies really have taken over Blizzard.

• 1Barf
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was this discussed before? This is the new Warlock pet, an Incubus?

The Trannies really have taken over Blizzard.

It's old news. Honestly I personally don't mind that part at all seeing as how it's optional(I think?), but in the same patch they also covered the Succubus more because she was "too sexy" or whatever, so yeah it's a bunch of dumb shit.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
It's old news. Honestly I personally don't mind that part at all seeing as how it's optional(I think?), but in the same patch they also covered the Succubus more because she was "too sexy" or whatever, so yeah it's a bunch of dumb shit.

They definitely made that demon as gay as possible.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Yeah I mean that’s the whole point of a Succubus. “a demon assuming female form to have sexual intercourse with men in their sleep”

They going to rewrite Lord of the Rings while they are at it?

These people are so fucking clueless.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I mean that’s the whole point of a Succubus. “a demon assuming female form to have sexual intercourse with men in their sleep”

They going to rewrite Lord of the Rings while they are at it?

These people are so fucking clueless.
Just wait for the shit show that will be Amazon's LotR series.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You should check out that new lord of the rings show they are making

Maybe wow can copy some lotr innovation and have their next expansion put aside the cliche corruption leads to mass murder tropes, and instead do a moira/illidan romance...