World of Warcraft: Current Year

Cybsled

Idk, I find it stupid easy since it is so scripted. You might fail a few times seeing it but once you see it, there's really no excuse for fucking it up. So ya, if you can find 7 other people and tell them "go there" and they do it you'll win.

So where is your Perfect Legend title from all 3 ultimate clears?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Addons are definitely the reason WoW was made more difficult. I didn't mean to make FF14 sound stupid easy, savage can definitely be a challenge and you will have to slowly progress through each fight, but it is significantly easier then mythic wow. 1) because you only need to play with 8 players opposed to 20 in mythic wow, and 2) weakauras don't exist. If weakauras existed, every savage fight would require 0 thought as a big weakaura would just tell you where to stand at all times.

Even if you just consider the halondrus fight on mythic, for example. You have multiple pairs of players having to balance bombs on a 10 second timer for the entire duration of the fight, while still having to complete the rest of the fight. There is nothing in ff14 that really compares to that kind of difficulty.

I don't see how you could get rid of weakauras though. One of the reasons WoW feels good to play is that a good player can really stand out. Making good use of your procs, trinkets, cooldowns & any tier/expac related power makes a huge difference, and there's no way to manage all those buffs/procs without weakauras. FF14 doesn't really have that, at best you can coordinate your groupwide buffs but every job is pretty straight forward and you don't have things like trinkets or tier sets to take advantage of.
Well, your thinking is the issue. Given what you say here, if weakauras were taken away, the "good" players would be crippled. This is a weakness of relying upon something NOT in the game to play effectively. That is an example of poor UI design / game design, if Addons were removed, this would force Blizzard dev (ha ha ha) to make a better game.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
There is a script yes...

but there's about 8^7 different variations for each enemy skill(In Ultimates). Nevermind the puzzle that is dedicated too the overall fight, UCoB is 10 fold strike(Nael/Twin progression), UwU is the limit break power-ups you need from the 3 main primal's otherwise you'll never see ultimate weapon, and Alexander is the Enigma Codex puzzle.

And ya sense Eden's Promise they have been removing tells from Savage raids.

Different games different design goals, they are not the same in anyway.. I am curios what's after Dragonsong War though .. maybe Omega or the Byakko/Suzako/Seiryu primals *shrug* probably will be Omega though ..

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I think it adds a lot to the game. WoW's gameplay is much better imo then ff14 or any other mmo out there for that matter. It is very fluid and enjoyable. If the rest of their content didn't suck or if they weren't constantly trying to keep the players down I would probably play it more. It's so easy to do. FF14 devs clearly listen and it makes a huge difference, I've never understood why Blizzard is so adamant that they are right and the playerbase is wrong.

I guess comparing savage to mythic is unfair. I didn't play FF14 for past ultimates so I'll have to try it out when it comes out, so fair enough.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Ya Dragonsong patches in tonight, sadly I'm swamped with work so I won't be able to look at it till the weekend =/

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think vanilla WoW did it best with very minor, or sometimes none at all, animations for things like cleave. It was only through experience with a fight that you knew exactly where to stand for maximizing dps w/o taking too much damage.
Because in vanilla 10 good players could carry a complete raid of otherwise mediocre players up to a certain point, especially in 40 man content. MMORPGs back then weren't supposed to be this "challenging" thing, it was supposed to be a social thing, where you played with your friends and guildmates.

FF14 devs clearly listen and it makes a huge difference, I've never understood why Blizzard is so adamant that they are right and the playerbase is wrong.
If you hire people from an elitist theorycrafter guild/community, that banned people on their board for as much as asking questions, then those people feel validated and bring their arrogance with them to the job. Also, Blizzard PR has nightmares about those people interacting with the player community, so they never even have the opportunity to touch grass.

Looking back how even those theorycrafters couldn't balance the specs within 10%, patch after patch after patch, should basically tell you everything about the situation.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
is this thread competing to be worse than the current game. I mean, that’s a low fucking bar but my god never underestimate a bunch of fucking nerds I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
is this thread competing to be worse than the current game. I mean, that’s a low fucking bar but my god never underestimate a bunch of fucking nerds I guess.
Depends, who would you take at their word? Chris or Blizzard?

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Happysmiles

Trakanon Raider
I liked DA 15 years ago for one reason, a female friend of mine posted all kinds of extremely sexy pictures on there. Lot of artsy stuff. Some of the best pictures I've ever seen actually, she had an incredible talent for selfies. This was before selfies were a mainstream thing. She didn't do like Instagram bikini selfie type stuff, it was more like "wear a black dress in the rain and grayscale it" type artsy material.

She was hot as fuck and so was her DA. Unfortunately I messed up that relationship before it could get too serious. Either way I had a soft spot for DA because it gave her a place to be creative at a time when people didn't really have much for that kind of thing.
I call bullshit. Nothing can convince me this is true unless you post the pictures OR the link.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I call bullshit. Nothing can convince me this is true unless you post the pictures OR the link.

Not that I'm gonna post it, but I actually just went to take a look at it and reminisce, and it's gone, completely poofed. Damn. Someone else who started their page a few years ago has the same name she had, but no posted images. Wayback machine doesn't work either. Well, that's a shame.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1651084247591.png

alright they got my attention

1651084374842.png

I don't like how they're lumping BFA dungeons in with Shadowlands. Shadowlands had the worst dungeons of all time and the reasons were given many times. Repetition with tweaks and routing is fine if the dungeons are fun. Sounds like this will further kill off MDI.

• 1Like