World of Warcraft: Current Year

Malkav

French Madman
Both enh and ww were slapping way too hard in beta. This is DF tuning and has nothing to do with the current state of specs.

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm definitely enjoying the return of Specialization Tree's, now just can't settle on what I want to play class wise, the wife went rogue. Leaning towards a Tank, maybe a monk, but have zero experience with Brewmaster.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm definitely enjoying the return of Specialization Tree's, now just can't settle on what I want to play class wise, the wife went rogue. Leaning towards a Tank, maybe a monk, but have zero experience with Brewmaster.
According to Wowhead, Brews went through a large rework with Dragonflight, so, if you haven't, you may want to look at the Brews guide. Even though they are written for the prepatch, it should still give you an idea of how it will play.

Was skimming through the intro to each tank guide, so went ahead and copied them over.

Brews:
2022-11-01 10.13.11 www.wowhead.com 83d0d34b8426.png

Bear:
2022-11-01 10.17.08 www.wowhead.com 180de54eff9f.png

2022-11-01 10.18.02 www.wowhead.com 8788450e5a36.png

Demon Hunter:
2022-11-01 10.20.27 www.wowhead.com 6c67f0768e03.png

2022-11-01 10.20.53 www.wowhead.com 9a82708ab5ff.png

Death Knight:
2022-11-01 10.24.54 www.wowhead.com 647cd1e7ee05.png
2022-11-01 10.25.05 www.wowhead.com d5af669bd92e.png

Pally:
2022-11-01 10.21.52 www.wowhead.com 5e2ecca0e9b5.png

2022-11-01 10.22.15 www.wowhead.com e3aa636ac9ff.png

Warrior:
2022-11-01 10.28.07 www.wowhead.com 058c053e8e5d.png

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

According to Wowhead, Brews went through a large rework with Dragonflight, so, if you haven't, you may want to look at the Brews guide. Even though they are written for the prepatch, it should still give you an idea of how it will play.

Was skimming through the into to each tank guide, so went ahead and copied them over.

Brews:
View attachment 440884

Bear:
View attachment 440885

View attachment 440886

Demon Hunter:
View attachment 440887
View attachment 440888

Death Knight:
View attachment 440893View attachment 440894

Pally:
View attachment 440889
View attachment 440890

Warrior:
View attachment 440895
The constant cocky nature of the people that play Warrior tanks just makes me laugh.

Ill gear one up and see if it excites me any. Ever since WOD, Monks have had this kind of "maintenance" playstyle that I just dont feel like its very fun. "You have to press this button constantly to keep this buff up or else the buff will expire and then you wont be as tanky anymore!" and after reading what burns just linked, it sounds like that worse.... Then the constant management of the damage cleanse and having to have at least some communication with your healer to know whats acceptable to them and whats not. Which it sounds harder than it really is, but my complaint centers around the annoyance of it all. Ill do a couple runs with one geared and get back to you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Brew is pretty fun right now, really nice damage. Swap jade wind for special delivery for less buff maintenance and similar power. There are a lot of cooldowns, but the regular rotation is pretty simple and we can drop tiger palm and just use spinning crane kick instead now with the fire buff, which is very easy to maintain since you reset breath of fire every keg smash.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I don't really see the issue though. If someone wants the set for pvp, they're presumably going to keep playing pvp after they get it because that was their goal. If they want the set for pve, then just like now they'll have to raise their rating to upgrade it to higher pve iLvl.
Sorry I didnt read that carefully. No reason for pvers to pvp for gear since the ilvl is nerfed compared to SL season 1. 2400 gear not as good as m+ vault or mythic gear. Maybe worth it at the start of the season for world first guilds... Main reason to get better pvp gear was to have a powerful character in pvp content ( ex stomp noobs on bg), which will be gone in DF

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The constant cocky nature of the people that play Warrior tanks just makes me laugh.

Ill gear one up and see if it excites me any. Ever since WOD, Monks have had this kind of "maintenance" playstyle that I just dont feel like its very fun. "You have to press this button constantly to keep this buff up or else the buff will expire and then you wont be as tanky anymore!" and after reading what burns just linked, it sounds like that worse.... Then the constant management of the damage cleanse and having to have at least some communication with your healer to know whats acceptable to them and whats not. Which it sounds harder than it really is, but my complaint centers around the annoyance of it all. Ill do a couple runs with one geared and get back to you.

Whoa, I've also noticed that Warrior tanks are cocky and arrogant half the time. Acting like everyone else is lucky to tag along while they run the dungeon.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
mmm I see priests void erruption is one of those choosen one talents. Does those work in obvious ways and you only choose one of the options?

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
12 month sub, for $200 cad, for 4 mounts, in a game that has like 800 mounts already, sounds like a great deal... :rolleyes:

Untitled.jpg

• 2Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's how you inflate numbers, get people to sub for 12 months when they may play 2, just for mounts or some cosmetic.

• 1Truth!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
They did the same thing when they knew Diablo 3 was going to be an epic pile of pig shit. Blizzard is shameless as shit, you can't help but admit how hard they milk their playerbase.
It worked. I did pick the sub, since I knew I was going to keep playing anyway at the time, so it was a free game.

I only finished D3 about three years ago, after dropping WoW. :rolleyes:

Daidraco

You get fucked bodied by random shit leveling up now. Elites are mixed in and around stuff and will just fucking tear you a new one. (The other servers turned on for me after the patch). Didnt notice a difference in raids and dungeons at max level, however. Maybe its just a change so you're not pulling the whole GD dungeon, or just their internal testing for Mythic tiers.

Rhanyn Rhanyn - Brewmaster seemed to do everything fine. The changes to the rotation at max lvl actually make them more tolerable to play and less maintenance oriented. Though they still have a GD shit load of GCD's that could be simplified. But whatever. They still do really well at keeping away from mobs for what Mythic + will probably turn into. I noticed my WheelChairAdin's Divine Steed is worked into the talents rather early and refreshes quickly - so Im almost positive thats the route its going to take again (sadly.)

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been juggle leveling a Monk, Death Knight, and Shaman, giving each a chance to gen some rested xp as I go. Tidied up unlocking most of the Horde Allied races, just have the elves left to unlock. Been enjoying running through some of the older content otherwise. I've fiddled a little with my old Hunter main, but haven't had much of a spark to finish getting him to 60, will probably wait to do 50 to 60 on most of my toons for when they add Shadowlands and increase chromie time to cover up to 60. Still zero urge to get Dragonflight yet, but I also haven't really looked at anything for it, so have avoided hype if any exists.

Daidraco

Been juggle leveling a Monk, Death Knight, and Shaman, giving each a chance to gen some rested xp as I go. Tidied up unlocking most of the Horde Allied races, just have the elves left to unlock. Been enjoying running through some of the older content otherwise. I've fiddled a little with my old Hunter main, but haven't had much of a spark to finish getting him to 60, will probably wait to do 50 to 60 on most of my toons for when they add Shadowlands and increase chromie time to cover up to 60. Still zero urge to get Dragonflight yet, but I also haven't really looked at anything for it, so have avoided hype if any exists.
Those heritage armors look soooo good on some races. When I leveled up my Zul'Drak Troll Paladin, being able to mix key pieces of that heritage armor in with other stuff really reminds me of the old Velious textures in EQ. They just look fantastic mixing and matching like that. Never mind that if you keep the theme of the armor, you usually get props in raids and such because people will usually boost those characters and miss out on the heritage armor.

The expansion is like visiting mom's house in my mind. Comfortable to visit, not going to live there again. Theres a ton of shit to do, and I dont know how long itll take to get through it. At best a month to two of playing which is more than enough for the entry. So far.. its much better than SL's, all the way around. The dungeons are better (even if they are a bit repetitive with the "kill these mobs to unlock this boss" kind of system), the world always looks good, but Dragon Flying makes playing in it way better. What I thought would get repetitive and tiring actually just comes off naturally and its butter smooth. Even with no upgrades to it, its still very much accessible to people. Im not the biggest fan of raiding just to raid, so my opinions are meh on that. But if I was with friends, Id probably enjoy that a lot more. Its hard to judge the raid and dungeons in difficulty just because of whats available in beta. Lastly, you're not working on some stupid fucking system - you just have it all from the very start. Point being, if you have a battle.net balance, I'd say to definitely pick it up. If nothing on the horizon is interesting you and Blizzard didnt touch you in your butthole, then pick it up. But if you have something else you're enjoying right now - I would stick with that till you're bored (but launches are always way more fun than later in the game just because of the people.)

Voldeth Voldeth - Has anyone in your group played the beta? I want to hear what someone else thinks that has an opinion based in reality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users