World of Warcraft: Current Year

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was under the impression that most of their team expansion was to reduce the downtime in between content releases. I'm not likely to play DF, so can't comment on the actual amount of content at release, but I thought I remember them stating one of their big goals was to make the gaps between patches smaller.
Yeah I remember them saying this is in 2013 too.

See you in 8 months for 10.1

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What’s so cool about dragon riding that’s different than just flying in your mount?

• 1Truth!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
What’s so cool about dragon riding that’s different than just flying in your mount?

I wont ever touch this piece of shit again but if that's all it is, that's laughable. "Hey guys we are taking away flying >>>>> YEARS LATER "Hey all we are adding flying! ITS BRAND NEW AND CALLED DRAGON FLIGHT! This time with actual drag.... shit you could have done that too 5 years ago.... wait. they won't remember, or our sweet purple haired developers do not remember or know, so it's new!"

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I remember them saying this is in 2013 too.

See you in 8 months for 10.1

I have no idea whether or not they will deliver on that idea, was just speculating on what the main reason for them expanding the team was. Rein in the campaign a bit, champ.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I have no idea whether or not they will deliver on that idea, was just speculating on what the main reason for them expanding the team was. Rein in the campaign a bit, champ.
They haven't expanded the team.

They lost a lot of people to other companies like Riot and lost more during the sex scandals.

The mass hiring was just replacing people.

When they did expand the team they had a noticable drop in the quality (Cataclysm) or couldn't manage them in a way that actually increased the content produced (Warlords).

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Nothing much, no one sane plays the xpac for dragonriding. It's pretty simple: WoW is no longer a traditional MMORPG. If you don't like the core activities (M+, raiding, rated pvp), there is little reason to buy this imo.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing much, no one sane plays the xpac for dragonriding. It's pretty simple: WoW is no longer a traditional MMORPG. If you don't like the core activities (M+, raiding, rated pvp), there is little reason to buy this imo.
5 people on the last page alone said it was cool/neat/awesome so I’m asking why.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
5 people on the last page alone said it was cool/neat/awesome so I’m asking why.
Because it's 2-3x faster than the old mounts, it's interactive rather than passive, and there's a new level of "customizing" your mount beyond just getting an entirely new one.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's just fun to dragonride. Hard to really explain outside of that. It's fast and you have control.

I'm really enjoying things, makes me not want to touch classic until Ulduar, thankfully Naxx/OS3D/EoE is a 1-night affair leaving the balance for tinkering with this.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I wouldn't say its fun or amazing, its alright. It IS better then old school flying, given its faster, its interactive and like someone said you can customize your mounts along the way. You also get it almost right away in the expac, instead of waiting for flying to unlock. Downside it does make the world feel much much smaller, you can zoom from one side to the other in time for a crate drop or even a rare sometimes. Also the daze landing talent I picked is fine sometimes , but a lot of times it just aggros neutral mobs when I drop to pick a flower. I still old man lazy and use flightpaths so I can move to other screen and do something else while it gets me somewhere.

I do wish that the gathering while mounted was something else. That its tied to knowledge now, which is a grind, annoys me atm. ON the flip side, if I do make it, its permanent. Since the old golem is basically useless now.

• 1Like

Argarth

On the verandah
Now that the novelty has worn off, the fact that you can't hover/manoeuvre precisely with Dragon riding is really starting to piss me off. Never liked big flying mounts anyway, so I don't collect them, and only ever use the flying disc. In the minority, I guess. Great for zooming across the world, but for everything else, pass.

Especially on my Druid herbalist, I'd give up Dragon riding in a heartbeat if I could go back to instant flight form. (Still use the old model because I love how small it is)
I really hope they don't hold out for too long before re-enabling full standard flying capabilities this xpac. If they do, it could seriously lead me to another rage quit. =)

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Feel like these guys have been playing the latest expansion.

• 1Worf

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Especially on my Druid herbalist, I'd give up Dragon riding in a heartbeat if I could go back to instant flight form. (Still use the old model because I love how small it is)
I really hope they don't hold out for too long before re-enabling full standard flying capabilities this xpac. If they do, it could seriously lead me to another rage quit. =)
Get fucked Druid.

• 1Salty

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m enjoying it a lot. It’s very refreshing to not have a massive list of chores I have to do to get ready for the season. The only thing I have to do is clear all M0s, which is a one night affair. Otherwise, I can do whatever I want without missing out on something. There are tons of things you can do:
1. Professions, including flying around gathering, which is much more engaging with dragon flying;
2. Grind obsidian citadel for wrathion rep and marks, which sell for 3k per;
3. Fly around killing rares trying to get a few more ilevels;
4. Grind renown with the major factions and engage with the various systems that unlock with renown (this is a ton of content);
5. Do the weekly events: siege, feast, and the hunt;
6. Farm cobalt assembly for rep to unlock the proc rings;
7. Level and gear up alts;
8. Dailies, semi-weekly, and weekly quests;
9. Loremaster;
10. Farm for dragon appearance changes;
11. Dungeons; and
12. Dragon racing, especially the advanced courses. That was pretty fun and a challenge.

It’s shaping up to be the best xpack in a long time simply from not having multiple player power systems to deal with and grind.