World of Warcraft: Current Year

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My predictions: (some I'm going out on a limb on)

- no new class or race; agreed that this selling point will be updated models
- new xpac area will either be Outland or some other planet in twisting nether. May have Azshara's area as a zone to conclude N'Zoth stuff
- Hearthstone in WoW will be the dance studio of the xpac
- WG or AV-ish area will be combined with Timeless Isle approach for one end-game zone
- 10 man or normal mode raiding will be axed. (This is out there IMO)
- an invasion world event triggers the reason we go to Outland 2.0
- warlocks get a class specific, legion-based flying mount
- kil'jaeden dies this xpac
- Draenei and Velen take center stage in this xpac
- we meet and possibly fight our first Titan (they are more cold toward us like the dude was to humans in Prometheus)
- timeless isle and battlefield barrens gets over-fucking done this xpac
- wrathion upholds his fathers purpose but in a nearly cold ambivalent way that sees a major alliance casualty (varian) against the legion, stopping a plan to destroy Azeroth

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hmm.

My predictions: (some I'm going out on a limb on)

- no new class or race; agreed that this selling point will be updated modelsAgreed here.
- new xpac area will either be Outland or some other planet in twisting nether. May have Azshara's area as a zone to conclude N'Zoth stuffVery rare possibility, I think they'd jump into the Emerald Dream before they went back to Outland, personally.
- Hearthstone in WoW will be the dance studio of the xpac
- WG or AV-ish area will be combined with Timeless Isle approach for one end-game zone
- 10 man or normal mode raiding will be axed. (This is out there IMO)Wait....what? How did you come to this, even it admittedly being out there... Flex raiding ain't THAT game changing, guys.
- an invasion world event triggers the reason we go to Outland 2.0
- warlocks get a class specific, legion-based flying mount
- kil'jaeden dies this xpac
- Draenei and Velen take center stage in this xpacNo, Space Goats have had their time in the sun and nobody cares anymore. :p
- we meet and possibly fight our first Titan (they are more cold toward us like the dude was to humans in Prometheus)If not this expac, definitely something soon, I agree.
- timeless isle and battlefield barrens gets over-fucking done this xpac
- wrathion upholds his fathers purpose but in a nearly cold ambivalent way that sees a major alliance casualty (varian) against the legion, stopping a plan to destroy Azeroth

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I've definitely noticed the low population AH business. It's next to impossible to get any decent looking transmog gear, but I have pretty much every other profession, so it doesn't have a huge impact.
I see transmog oQueue groups going EVERY night. If people are dead-set on staying with their low-pop server they can STILL do a ton of older content for transmog drops.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Honestly, my thoughts on some raid size or difficulty dying is that I think they're starting to round back to wrath thoughts combined with several comments from GC on the time/money needed to do certain things. Is that a bit of bullshit? Sure. Mixed with truth. I think a good place to cut fat would be in the raid game.

Maybe they're so good now it doesn't take much to scale down/up, but flex presents a great time to do some consolidation and get back to a purer raid game. I'm seriously betting normal gets axed. With admitting I'm most likely WAYYYY OFF. But, gotta take some gambles.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I think the Emerald Dream is the great red herring of WoW. It was hinted at in the original release a decade ago with comments about Malfurion's absence and the presence of the big Emerald Dream portals which then produced the green dragon world bosses... but that was the end of it. If you listen to the flavor text now that Malfurion is back the NPCs talk about how he was gone dealing with problems there but that is all resolved now.

I dont think it started as a red herring, but other ideas kept superseding any push to head down that content path and then it just became too late storywise.

Cybsled

They also wrapped up the ED in the Furion novel. Azshara is one of the few big-bads left, so she may factor in.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't see normal getting axed for the reason that they need a baseline for determining Flex raid's difficulty do they not? I'm no programmer, but i'd guess they start out with the normal 10 man difficulty and scale it up from there depending on the number of players. Same goes for LFR, i'd guess, except they just scale down Normal 25m.

That being said, if my assumptions are correct, why not just keep in Normal modes given they already have the baseline for it calculated?****

***I could be way off base and haven't the foggiest what i'm talking about, just guessing here.

DavivMcD

Peasant
- no new class or race; agreed that this selling point will be updated models
Gonna be a tough selling point when everyone gets the models whether they buy the expac or not. Also, this:

"And I also don't know that, when we launch the new character models, I don't know that they'll all be done at the same time. We'll probably have a good number of them done, and we'll launch those, and we'll continue to update more throughout the patch cycle. We figure players would rather have some earlier than wait forever until they're all done."-Tom Chilton in interview.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd like to throw out my Real ID for anyone who wants to do Flex/Xmog/Meta runs. Penance#1464 (Not sure of this will udpdate when I get home).

Currently have a raid ready Druid at 510 Resto (I say raid ready I mean Flex, I'm pretty damn good at healing with this guy)

My main which I haven't picked up in a while is a lock, he's probably sitting around 500 but could get him to about 516 in a week.

EDIT: Lock is alliance, Druid is horde.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I see transmog oQueue groups going EVERY night. If people are dead-set on staying with their low-pop server they can STILL do a ton of older content for transmog drops.
I was more referring to the ZG recolor sets that they put on ToT. I can't imagine farming up all of the BoE drops there, and my server hasn't seen any of them on the AH in the last few weeks since I started playing again.

I checked out OpenRaid and it looks like they have achievement/transmog/etc groups running pretty frequently.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I got put in charge of making the flex raid organized. I've got some of you on Real ID already, and what we need to do is select days and raid times. A few of us would prefer weekends Friday, Saturday primarily and possibly Sunday. I'm in EST so I would like our raid to start anytime after 7 and end anytime around 11. This is just my suggestion if more of our forum members are on PST the raid should accommodate the majority imho. I also believe the majority of the people interested in flex is Alliance, so that is our faction of choice. Assuming we have a decent team to field I wouldn't mind those of you with Horde mains that have under geared Alliance alts that want to come participate anyways because Flex isn't terribly hard. I highly advise against faction changing because this could end up going nowhere after a couple weeks , I hope it doesn't but I'm being realistic. Scrolling back a couple of pages this looks like our composition atm.

Penance - Warlock - Dps
Bragon - Death Knight - Tank
Cybsled - Monk - Tank
Eidal - Monk - Tank
Kaljin - Shaman or Druid - Healer
Sterling - Priest - Dps
Qhue - Mage or Monk - Dps or Healer
Gonzy - Some form of Dps
Bixby - Role - TBD
Jerry - Role - TBD
Dobson - Hunter - Dps
LadyVex - random class - Healer
Drtyrm - Shaman - Dps

Hit me or Kaljin up in game if you want to be added.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
So I got put in charge of making the flex raid organized. I've got some of you on Real ID already, and what we need to do is select days and raid times. A few of us would prefer weekends Friday, Saturday primarily and possibly Sunday. I'm in EST so I would like our raid to start anytime after 7 and end anytime around 11. This is just my suggestion if more of our forum members are on PST the raid should accommodate the majority imho. I also believe the majority of the people interested in flex is Alliance, so that is our faction of choice. Assuming we have a decent team to field I wouldn't mind those of you with Horde mains that have under geared Alliance alts that want to come participate anyways because Flex isn't terribly hard. I highly advise against faction changing because this could end up going nowhere after a couple weeks , I hope it doesn't but I'm being realistic. Scrolling back a couple of pages this looks like our composition atm.

Penance - Warlock - Dps
Cybsled - Monk - Tank
Eidal - Monk - Tank
Sterling - Priest - Dps
Gonzy - Some form of Dps

So that gives us eight Alliance players thus far. We still have no means of VOIP that I'm aware of and no clear set raid leader that I'm aware of. Hit me up in game or reply to this thread about times, days, and if you want to lead this rag tag crew.
I have a 10 man mumble server that I can easily expand to 20+ if needed.

Kaljin

N00b
our composition atm.

Penance - Warlock - Dps
Cybsled - Monk - Tank
Eidal - Monk - Tank
Sterling - Priest - Dps
Gonzy - Some form of Dps
Bixby - Role - TBD
Jerry - Role - TBD
Added 2 to the list... More are welcome and Saturday sounds good to me also.

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I would go if it was after 8 PST, if its EST I cannot attend but would be down in the future. kemuel#1251 -- Hunter DPS