World of Warcraft: Current Year

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Sooooo it's a prequel expansion? This seems like something that could have been covered in a CoT instance.

Color me unexcited

Good thing they're following the EQ model of naming expansions "Blank of Blank"

Juvarisx

Florida
bconWWWNext68.jpg

I notice an old feature that was never implemented here
wink.png

edi.t Jesus this garrison stuff feature is HUGE. You could do nothing else but it and looks to be a huge mini game.

Cybsled

Timeline issues I can see: Orc invasion of Azeroth results in destruction of humans/alliance. Thrall is never born and Medivh remains corrupted. Lich King never exists, which means Legion doesn't get fucked over by the Scourge. Legion invades Azeroth successfully...which results in the Old Gods being able to hijack the Legion portal they make from the world tree and escape. World is destroyed.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I don't understand how and where garrison's are going to exist. Did I hear them say they won't be instanced like housing zones?
Well the farm isn't instanced either... so they will just use phasing technology to make it visible to you and anyone you invite over.

Juvarisx

Florida
FINALLY crafting directly from bank, heirloom and toy tabs.

If this expansion was nothing but updated features I would have been happy but adding in lots of new content on top makes it all the better.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I don't understand how and where garrison's are going to exist. Did I hear them say they won't be instanced like housing zones?
I'm betting it'll be like the Tiller farm -technicallyin-world but phased.
And seconding the "thank fuck" for those inventory changes.

malaki_sl

shitlord
Garrisons sound pretty awesome. If a game had controllable territory where you could build your own garrison (or the like), form guilds/alliances with other players based around a deep, fleshed out version of that type of system (tons of buildings, bonuses based on geographical location/rare powerups from quests/raiding/pvp, trade interaction with players etc.), it would be amazing. Sort of like eve meets warcraft, this is my dream game. Hopefully Blizz is testing this sort of integration in WoW, finding out what works and doesn't, and polishes this type of game model moving forward.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Nothing seems all that cool
frown.png
First wow expansion announcement that didn't make my nipples hard enough to cut diamonds

Edit:Seven new dungeons at launch, four for leveling, three for max level.

God damn it, not again.