World of Warcraft: Current Year

moontayle

Golden Squire
I am 100% all for actually using CC again.. but im not for needing CC, AND having a shit load of trash.. screw that.
I spent some time running old BC heroics for Transmog gear recently and I still marvel how any of the Heroics in BC were manageable given the amount of trash present.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed raiding in BC, but i never cared much for the heroic dungeons.
Agh, but they were just perfect. Especially before people started to overgear protadin the good ones like SH / SL. 360 cleaves until about the first content patch was a little silly, though. A rogue couldn't hit a boss as simple as H quagmirran without risking a 1 shot, lol.

Cybsled

Heroic dungeons in TBC can die. Having to run Shattered Halls for raid keying fucking sucked, because eventually you had to run a less than perfect composition through there.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TBC Gearing Stupidity
Raid: GET AS MANY SHAMANS AS POSSIBLE
Heroics: Fuck if I'm running this shit with a Shaman.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, make it so pure DPS have the best CC/can CC the most/Only ones able to CC indefinitely. That way, a warrior could stun a mob for 1/3 the fight, or a druid could root, or a monk could continually knockback. Where as a rogue can just sap or a mage can polymorph or a warlock can banish. That kinda balance. Give the "pure DPS" classes a stronger CC, as opposed to being the only ones with CC. As far as LFD? Make it so it has a heavy emphasis on putting a "pure CC" class into the mix.
The core of WoW is: beat the enrage timer while dancing around various forms of "fire". If the terms don't change, damage is the only thing worth bringing to a raid (see: specific class exclusions when underperforming). Alongside, dps specs of hybrids have to do the same level of damage or they are not worth a damn (reson #1 why all dpsers were made equal), because a dps warrior, sure as hell isn't going to tank shit, nor a shadow priest is going to heal at all (in a traditional way at least), all they have at best are cooldowns that let them play hero for a few seconds.

Unless they rework the way the game works (no enrage would be a fucking good start) and require more than pure dps, then pure classes will always be left behind. Maybe raid cooldowns should be exclusive to them? It's not as easy as it seems, but for what I know, people play mages, rogues, hunters and warlocks, mostly because they like the class, not only because of worldoflogs parses.

Hunters will always be among my top favourites, no matter what.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
What's this I hear about housing?
People are equating the Garrison with "housing". It's not, it's basically Tiller Farm ^2 hybridized with SWtOR. You get to manage and develop a full fledged Garrison this time, and hire a bunch of NPCs that can be sent on missions to get you loot, harvest stuff or craft you stuff:

bconWoWRAD024.jpg

bconWoWRAD025.jpg

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Garrison seems to be the most substantial update for this expansion from a gaming perspective. Lord knows Sunsong ranch and the tiller/cooking questline was a pretty popular addition to MoP so it stands to reason that they would use an exponential progression from that to serve as 'daily' content rather than kill people with daily quests.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
One thing that would be quite cool is if you could have your logged out characters on that server chill around your garrison. I bet the RPers would eat that shit up as well, plus it won't feel as empty as I can guess it is if it's just you in a big ass garrison, like that picture suggests

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
One thing that would be quite cool is if you could have your logged out characters on that server chill around your garrison. I bet the RPers would eat that shit up as well, plus it won't feel as empty as I can guess it is if it's just you in a big ass garrison, like that picture suggests
The problem being that the garrison is (of course) phased, so you can't invite people to visit your garrison when you're offline.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Someone asked if they could have their alts as garrison followers in the QA. Cory Stockton (Mumper) basically said that it's possible and they'd consider it.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The problem being that the garrison is (of course) phased, so you can't invite people to visit your garrison when you're offline.
It'd be no different than how Sunsong Ranch works in terms of other people visiting offline. When you're in a group though you go to the group leader's garrison.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
There is another housing element that people seem to be forgetting, the Monuments & Trophies. They mentionned how some achievements or slaying particular creatures would give you monuments to place around your garrison, or for instance you slay this particular rare monster and you can mount its head on a wall in your city hall, things like that.

The "alts-as-NPCs" is a damn good idea, that'd be cool to see in the garrison. Only downside (for Blizzard) would be that a lot of people would just have one main, and then make 10 night elves / blood elves chicks wearing nothing but bunny ears and turn that garisson into the Playboy Mansion.

Actually there's an idea..

Anyway!

Personnally, I hope they develop the housing side of WoW more and more and eventually (re)add Woodcrafting as a profession where you could collect lumber (different kinds from different types of trees) and make furniture (and possibly weapons) to decorate your house(s).

Another thing I'm hoping they add is an Armory building where you can shelf your class tier sets (only tier) on display mannequins, which would also work as a transmog option since you could walk to this or that mannequin and right-click to transmog into that full set (maybe for a price, would work as a money sink like void storage). To give you a better idea, they already have those kinds of displayed armors on mannequins in the Shrine of Seven Stars / Two Moons, for tier 16.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
We'll see. It wasn't really designed from the start to have phased content, cross-realm content or even flying mounts in Azeroth, but they eventually found a way to add all that in so I'm still hopeful.
smile.png

Look at how they dealt with bookcases in MoP by having individual clickable books and scrolls on the shelves in that place with Loremaster Cho. They even had the relics you find in archaeology displayed on tables, with clickable interactions. I'm sure something like that can be expanded and developped to make furniture possible. The only question is whether the devs will consider it a worthwhile use of their time.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I wouldn't hold my breath for placeable world objects (in Draenor at least).

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Me either, but I'm looking at it in a future expansions perspective. The way I see it, I'll be glad if they can even deliver on all the content they've announced and if everything is working on release. Not so long ago they said that housing was not a thing they wanted in WoW because they thought it would damage the social aspect (teehee) but they've clearly changed their minds now, probably because the Sunsong Ranch turned out to be rather popular.

Mists of Pandaria was really a petri dish of various experiments to see which directions to take. They implemented Pok?mon, Farmville and a few other features and some ended up working really well and becoming hugely popular (Pet Battles in particular) and they've clearly changed the future of WoW and what priorities the devs will choose to follow.

Hell, if you want the Warcraft movie to be successful, just work out a way to have every WoW player who buys a ticket to see the movie be redeemable for a pet (and another pet for the bluray release) and watch the dough roll in.