World of Warcraft: Current Year

Moglyzoke Moogleman

Stock Pals VP of Shit Stocks
<Gold Donor>
Feel free to add my battletag Moglyzok#1745 if anyone needs carry heals. Got a 567 healer that isn't doing much raiding anymore since I could no longer roll with my Saturday group.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Surv for any hardcore raiding and definitely AoE but MM isn't far behind if you are doing LFR level stuff, I run it and top meters every fight. I like the flow of it better but I haven't touched Surv in a while.
Cool will have to check out MM, haven't tried it in MoP.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Surv for any hardcore raiding and definitely AoE but MM isn't far behind if you are doing LFR level stuff, I run it and top meters every fight. I like the flow of it better but I haven't touched Surv in a while.
I have yet to see an MM hunter near the top of DPS. I am actually running BM and doing very well against single target. I see Surv pop ahead for AOE, but thats about it. Unles the Hunter is better geared than me, my single target DPS as BM is usually top of the charts.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
BM has a slight edge in single target still. But survival seems better all around - less reliant on lining up a bunch of cooldowns, less reliant on your pet not getting fucked, and better AOE. BM is basically the patchwerk spec - certain mechanics can fuck you over. Marksman is generally considered to be shit tier, but so few play it that it skews the numbers. Survival is the "lol don't give a shit" spec - mechanics change basically nothing. You will deal consistent dps every time. Classes with higher potential dps will blow you away sometimes, then get RNG fucked the next.

The dps gap is actually quite large right now for WoW. Something like a 30% difference in single target damage from the best class to the worst. (class, not spec) This is a pretty awful gap compared to the past. And then there is the usual broken shit like God Tier Cleave classes or multi-dotting faggotry.

Clug

Bronze Knight of the Realm
God, oqueue needs a pause or manual refresh button instead of this shit where your list is constantly moving around so you can hardly read the damn thing.
Just use the search feature. "1 " will find flex 1 raids for example.

Much nicer, its damn near unusable if you don't use the search feature.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I dont mind saying it again: Having the Legendary Quest in your Quest Log isnt going to hurt you. You're doing at least half the content anyways, and your average person is so anxious for the Cloak that theyre doing ToT and SoO to complete it. The expansion is so far away that you can be super casual about it, and still have months to enjoy it. Also, keep in mind that the average person that has a Legendary Cloakisnt going to be ilvl 515. Even replacing a 496 Cloak and upgrading the Legendary twice is only going to improve their ilvl by about 7 points and for the most part, these people are 540+.

As for the DPS: Movement is the biggest problem for melee and usually have to move the most during a fight. Think about how much running around a melee DPS does during the Nazgrim fight for example. Even with the Monks enhanced mobility, they still arent doing DPS while moving. Where as a Ranged DPS can just tab target, continue rotation, and never have to deal with even a fraction of the PBAoE shit that Bosses do.

I feel like Blizzards first reaction was to enhance melee DPS, but then you had people who would just sit there and ignore boss Mechanics in order to get the Top DPS. Now they've nerfed half of them, and we're kind of back where we started. --- I personally think melee need a passive mechanic that builds up the more they move. So if you have to run across the entire damn room to get an Add > They have a Burst of DPS on that add. Then, they run across the room to get back to the boss and they have that burst of DPS again. (sort of like Ashe from LoL > Her Crit Chance continues to improve until she attacks or waits to 100% crit chance to attack.)

DavivMcD

Peasant
Or, they could stop making so many goddamn encounters with a billion adds. Especially when there's a mile of trash-filled hallways on either side.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I was running LFR Downfall last night and a blue BoE dropped. Now, I haven't played since ICC and from what I remember, when BoE's dropped, people would roll Need and sale it on the AH. I didn't realize that if you rolled Need in LFR it would become soulbound.

So, I roll Need on the BoE, win it and needless to say, a couple of people in the raid start raging. I apologize, but they keep on up until the Dark Shaman (we were clearing trash for the Shaman when the ring dropped).

I was half ignoring them and half antagonizing them by the time someone ninja pulled the boss. I ended up getting 1-shot and died before the fight even started along with 3 other people in the raid. The raid ends up getting the Shaman to 8,000HP before the wipe and while everyone waiting for a res one of the ragers says, "WTF, you didn't even do damage that fight." To which I replied, "It's hard to do damage when you die before the fight starts." I think I added fuel to their fire
smile.png

At this point, the two original ring-leaders start inspecting me and notice that I didn't have my gear gem'd. They double down on the insults and I have to add a couple to ignore just to get some peace. By this time two others joined in and asked me if I was retarded for not gemming. As we pulled for the second time, I replied, "I don't need to gem my gear to out dps the raid group."

So, I go hard in the paint with my 516iLVL retribution Paladin, while they continue talking smack in raid about how selfish I am for rolling need on a BoE. Luckily, not only were they assholes, but they were annoying so people in the raid were speaking up and telling them to stfu.

When it was all said-and-done, I was #3 DPS under a couple of 540iLVL guys and above several in the 530's. I had already done General Nazgrim this week, so I wished the raid good luck, told the nerd-rage to grow up and apologized again for rolling Need on the BoE.

LFR is misery.

TL;DR
Accidentally rolled Need on an BoE in LFR and ragers raged for 20 minutes. They picked on my noob paladin with no gems and then I out dps'd everyone within 30 iLVL on the next boss. Perfect example of LFR.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
The real reason I'm playing right now is because I RaF'd a friend of mine and we're running a Resto Shaman // Protection Warrior duo.

Insta-queues, 3x experience, getting to revisit content and not having to do anything because healing is easy = a much better experience than LFR.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
When I don't gem, it's cause I'm just that good. When someone else doesn't gem, they are worthless fucks.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Tmac, /facepalm. Either gem your shit or lay low and dont attract attention, which you did like a king.

Sorry but no. And thats coming from the extreme casual player that am now. '' But its LFR, its dumb, lfr is dumb!'' Dont roll LFR then. For me and many others, lfr saved WoW. I know, crazy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
damn you got lucky. We booted the guy who rolled need on a blue in my last LFR.

Most of my LFRs have been pretty clean and lacking in the idiots. Although on one raid, someone accidentally pulled the trash group after Paragons and we wiped from it, so some guy got mad and tried to vote kick the guy but it failed, so he pulled the next two trash groups and wiped us because of how mad he was. He sure told us.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
You just sound like an asshole, not some coolkid who screwed up.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I thought seeing others gems was iffy/buggy anyway. Or is that just enchants?

That or a LOT of people roll without enchants.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Moral of the story is you should gem your shit?
Because WoW is hard?

Moral of the story is that I shouldn't have rolled Need on a BoE and LFR is full of noobs. Top 3 DPS after two trolls giving me shit for not being gemmed felt pretty vindicating.

Rombo_sl said:
Tmac, /facepalm. Either gem your shit or lay low and dont attract attention, which you did like a king.

Sorry but no. And thats coming from the extreme casual player that am now. '' But its LFR, its dumb, lfr is dumb!'' Dont roll LFR then. For me and many others, lfr saved WoW. I know, crazy.
Ha. Yeah, I definitely apologized for rolling Need. I honestly didn't know it'd bind. During the leveling process, if you chose Need on a green it would always warn you that it would Bind. I got no warning, so I assumed it was safe. Lesson learned.

I think LFR is great and generally don't have a problem with it, but when I'm trying to get above and beyond LFR, it becomes pretty tedious. When you add ragers to the mix, it becomes miserable.

Ao-_sl said:
You just sound like an asshole, not some coolkid who screwed up.
In actuality, I apologized multiple times and explained my line of thinking. The majority of the raid didn't care, but there were 2 guys who couldn't let it go. So much so, that others in the raid started telling the to stfu.

Kreugen_sl said:
That or a LOT of people roll without enchants.
I actually have all my enchants, ha.

Also, I discovered OpenRaid.us and that has been a big help in finding superior groups to LFR.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Just Gem you shit with +INT
wink.png
ROFL. That would've made for an even more ridiculous experience, no doubt.

I've done zero research on gemming my gear, but will probably jump that ship when I hit +520iLVL and start signing up for Flex Raids.

I guess there are two camps for Ret Paladins? Haste or Crit?