World of Warcraft: Current Year

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Yes that area is the best but if you are even moderately geared above Timeless level, I find it much faster to just run around and kill everything rather than wait for them to spawn and let the shado-pan help you. I think it took me like 2 hours to go from neutral to halfway through Revered and then I stopped because I was still on sigils and got bored.

and Ill check out bagnon. Thanks for the recommendation!
I prefer the spot with the guards because I like the stationary post to drop a guild banner for extra rep. I also try to get the Darkmoon Fair tilt-a-whirl buff and then stack on any other holiday/event type buff that may be out there. I did this during thanksgiving on my DK and with guild banner + 2 rep buffs stacking, I was getting 70ish rep per mogu kill. Went from friendly to max exalted in 4ish hours.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Soon as you hit 3000 valor it ticks :p

There are spots to grind rep on Isle of thunder that are nice. Respawning mogu statues with shado-pan to help you kill is the fastest solo way (I think).
There is also an achievement associated with the 3000 valor step. If you track it, the achievement shows you how much valor you have towards the 3000.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
There is also an achievement associated with the 3000 valor step. If you track it, the achievement shows you how much valor you have towards the 3000.
And there is a bug which goes for all achievements I think. If you have two accounts on your battle.net and you have a character from each one logged on at the same time there are a few like the Challenge Modes and the 3k valor achievement that will give it to all of your logged on characters if they are on and on the same server and are eligible in any way.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I prefer the spot with the guards because I like the stationary post to drop a guild banner for extra rep. I also try to get the Darkmoon Fair tilt-a-whirl buff and then stack on any other holiday/event type buff that may be out there. I did this during thanksgiving on my DK and with guild banner + 2 rep buffs stacking, I was getting 70ish rep per mogu kill. Went from friendly to max exalted in 4ish hours.
ah fuck I forgot about the guild banner for rep... so yes, for sure this is the better option and something I need to do when I finally get exalted.

DavivMcD

Peasant
I did find one rare that I just cannot take down. He is some super zandalari berserker troll. Every time I get him down 30% health he just crouches and gains all his health back, we were at a stalemate. That is really my only gripe with DKs so far, the lack of a simple stun. I have just about every other tool. I suppose I never tried running away and death gripping to interrupt, I will have to give that a shot and see if he is immune, that or gorefiends grasp.
Sounds like you're talking aboutGod-Hulk Ramuk. That heal is totally interruptible. Don't need a stun.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Guild Recruitment Offer -
I asked a couple people to step out of my Raid Group tonight. One of which I already told you guys about. I prefer to fill their spots with a Warlock and a Hunter with an ilvl somewhere around 550. But Im looking at all Ranged DPS that offer.

I just cant keep carrying people and expect to ever beat Garrosh. I need someone that can put out more dps than I can as a tank. (like the rest of my dps group) Someone that doesnt stand in Naz's Heroic Strike. Will stand in Malks Puddles but gets out of his Smash and Breath. Knows how to operate and maneuver around Thok. Can handle a Conveyor Belt if needed. Can kill the Engineer if needed. Knows how to follow a Garrosh Strat to the T and isnt afraid to speak up in Vent. Can take constructive criticism and has the patience to put up with multiple wipes.

The group is on the Stormrage server and we raid typically from 7pm eastern to 10-11pm Eastern. We've only came together the last few weeks and we've killed up to Garrosh. The Guild is not a serious environment, but we do want to get into Heroic so we can start getting upgrades again. Age group typically around 25-30 with full time Jobs.

velael_sl

shitlord
Holy priest just plain sucks, I've been doing SoO normal as holy since it launched and was always struggling to keep everybody up, druid in raid was always matching me in heals. Mind you, while I don't consider myself a "Pro" I'm definitely good and know when to cast shit.

Anyways, I switched to disc to test it out... MIND FUCKING BLOWN. I outheal everybody by at least 25%.
Holy actually has insane throughput, and can be the most powerful healer in the game in certain situations (Paragon's world first HC Garrosh 10m kill they solo healed the encounter with a holy priest, for example). It's just more situational than disc, which is extremely strong on nearly every fight (and borderline OP on several - hihi HC Dark Shamans, for example). Disc is also much easier to play at an acceptable level than holy.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Yea holy does have insane throughput. Disc just really can't compete in that regard. They do have some very powerful tools though. The reason why disc ends up being more powerful is because there just really aren't any other healers like them. Shields are so powerful but you have to do it right - they need to be applied BEFORE the big dmg which seems to be a prob for many reactionary players.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I asked a couple people to step out of my Raid Group tonight. One of which I already told you guys about. I prefer to fill their spots with a Warlock and a Hunter with an ilvl somewhere around 550. But Im looking at all Ranged DPS that offer.

I just cant keep carrying people and expect to ever beat Garrosh. I need someone that can put out more dps than I can as a tank. (like the rest of my dps group) Someone that doesnt stand in Naz's Heroic Strike. Will stand in Malks Puddles but gets out of his Smash and Breath. Knows how to operate and maneuver around Thok. Can handle a Conveyor Belt if needed. Can kill the Engineer if needed. Knows how to follow a Garrosh Strat to the T and isnt afraid to speak up in Vent. Can take constructive criticism and has the patience to put up with multiple wipes.

The group is on the Stormrage server and we raid typically from 7pm eastern to 10-11pm Eastern. We've only came together the last few weeks and we've killed up to Garrosh. The Guild is not a serious environment, but we do want to get into Heroic so we can start getting upgrades again. Age group typically around 25-30 with full time Jobs.
If you weren't EST I would totally server hop my hunter to join you guys.
frown.png
If I get a new job with an earlier end of shift I'll PM you fo sho.

ezcw_sl

shitlord
Just reactivated after a 3 year layoff. Apparently I stuffed one of my characters bank full of that Dalaran Red Wine stuff and it is all peaked now. Not sure what I was thinking there.

Ran CensusPlus on my server and there were only 600 players, both factions combined, at all levels during primetime on a Friday night. Could that be right? If so, assuming I don't care to get into raiding again, does it even matter?

bayr_sl

shitlord
Many servers are pure wastelands. The connected realm stuff they are doing works quite well to alleviate it, but there's a lot of servers still waiting

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Just reactivated after a 3 year layoff. Apparently I stuffed one of my characters bank full of that Dalaran Red Wine stuff and it is all peaked now. Not sure what I was thinking there.

Ran CensusPlus on my server and there were only 600 players, both factions combined, at all levels during primetime on a Friday night. Could that be right? If so, assuming I don't care to get into raiding again, does it even matter?
You can just LFR/openraid/oqueue even if you want to raid.

Inque

FunEmployed

What's the groups name? I'm usually looking for a steady group during the week on that server.

ubiquitrips

I ended up getting most of my starting Tank set for my DK ready this weekend and ran a LFR Underhold. Watching the videos online was a great pointer. There is a handy series that is just Tanking the zone from POV of a warrior while a guy explains it. That helped a ton. Overall, my rotation is rusty and needs improving but it seemed really easy. I can't tell if it is because of my tanking or my healers, doesn't really matter at this point. I should be able to improve my rotation and gear by in the couple of weeks it will take to get to Flex. Technically, I am ilvl 520 average now so I could get in but I would rather fail in an LFR than flex. The most awkward point is being made the raid leader of a group when you aren't entirely sure what you are doing. Fake it till you make it.

The only fight I was worried about was the Spoils fight where the group is split. I didn't take care of the boxes in the best order, but we got the job done and I learned more for next time. I am going to watch some videos for the other three zones and try and switch to tanking full time this Tuesday.

In other news, I decided to try out a healer as an alt. I want to get a character leveled up to absorb some of the 50% extra valor buff. I have a 90 mage, but I would rather DPS as my DK if I am going to DPS at all. I used to play a paladin but I was mediocre at best with their heals. I started a druid and went from 20 - 40 yesterday just pounding away at dungeons. From that experience, I think raid healing as a druid will be pretty fun. I like the HoTs / AoE heals quite a bit so far. It definitely fits my play style more than a paladin did.

GonzytheMage

I prefer to raid heal with a druid but i don't care for the overall toolkit. lots of options and buttons though which is appealing to folks. I prefer the delivery method of a priest moreso for general play, but Im sure i don't get everything out of them like someone could if that was their main. Id really like for someone to force me into healing as my main because dpsing gets redundant after content has been out for a while. Really the only thing i raid for now is gold stars on WoL's. As mentioned above their is times where i wish my guild would get more serious and break into heroics, but then i remember how that grind feels when you hit a wall.

kaxfenix

N00b
SO I just recently started to play again as well.. Whats the difference between connected realms and what they have now where you run into various people from different server in what ever zone you are in ? My realm is supposed to be connected on Feb 13th.

That being said I have raided some got all my alts to 90 and been just farming mounts.. I have been on a mount kick here recently.. seems more appealing right now than just raiding but I suppose I should get my main his cloak stuck on the 3k valor part right now.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Connected = a server merge in everything but name. You can form guilds and raid heroics and everything else as if you were all one server.

Cross realm dogcrap = every pre 90 zone is overcamped or full of gankers looking for "world pvp" aka "farming a lowbie endlessly while beating off because you're such an awesome troll and lol I bet that guy is SO mad huehuehue" You can from dungeon and raid groups with these people, but not do current normal/heroic raids. Soon possibly just heroic raids, because who the fuck cares.