World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
That was just the first episode of the animated series. Nice how they use Varian and Maraad as the narration and establishing scenes since otherwise it would just be Orc Orc Orc and Orc.

So 4 more episodes of the animated series. No more than one per week I suspect so launch is at least a month away.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mostly liked how FFXIV handled things, but I thought they should've done something else for the abilities. It'd be incredibly annoying to get popped into a dungeon and almost all my action bar be rendered useless. Or worst case - find out I'd removed something completely because I no longer needed it thanks to later spells/abilities. As the healer, I know having a HOT at some of those lower level dungeons would've made them a lot simpler, but meh, fuck it. It's better than trying to remember how to play like I'm at a completely different level for 30 minutes a day.
I keep thinking Guild Wars 2? But I played some game with scaling and god that shit was fucking annoying as hell, like you say. Oh look, Ive lost all but 2 abilities. Way to take every bit of fun out of my class and put me back into the most miserable part of the majority of MMO's.

Whoever asked about monks - they have slowed them down a bit but personally I like it. I play a 586 brewmaster / sometimes windwalker monk on live and it's just absurd how much I hate getting bloodlust, just because you'll be energy capped, won't have a reason to use fists of fury during etc. My personal piece is that they're giving monks a lot of well-needed quality of life improvements and I think slowing down the mad spam with haste is a good thing. You'll get back closer to how it is on live later on in the expansion, but for once I'll be happy when I get bl, instead of annoyed.
If combat ability spam annoys you that bad, just use Tuanh Combat Routine for Monks. Though honestly, the only hard thing about playing a Brewmaster the legit way is placing a f'n Healing Sphere at your feet and not in a spot that caused you to turn/move the boss. Now that that is gone with WoD, I just really dont have to worry about much when Im playing the beta. A lot of stress has been taken away from the tank and placed right back onto the Healer.

-- I just want the damn cinematic. >.>

Needless

Toe Sucker
Gay, i was off
frown.png

10 days to get max level for Molten Core and SSvsTM? gaids

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
So 14 months after the release of the last content patch the launch of the new content comes. That's pretty extremely lazy

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So 14 months after the release of the last content patch the launch of the new content comes. That's pretty extremely lazy
Im sure the way Blizzard has it set up, that it gives them the highest amount of profit vs how much invested - but over a year for an MMO content release is just bad in my eyes.

Bruman

Golden Squire
Maybe the anniversary stuff (new MC, TM vs SS) will come out first? I know it's not the same as a real content patch, but still, it is some new stuff to do. Plus the 6.0 patch will maybe liven stuff up a bit when that hits? Maybe?

Chris

Potato del Grande
It was pretty good, nice call back to the Warcraft 3 orc cinematic. Is the game still going to be retard easy though?

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
The real story is that they were able to get away with it with minimal subscriber loss. They are currently raking in tens of millions of dollars a month for literally nothing other than keeping the already existing and fully depreciated hardware running. Its one thing to have a profit engine that churns out a hefty return on the investment of time, money and labor and quite another to have one that runs on essentially zero fuel.

They announced Warlords of Draenor November 8th 2013 and will release it over a year later. They've kept their subscriber base engaged until now by simply teasing out the development of new content over the course of a year... development that is itself covered by the box-cost of the expansion. Oh and since they have gone so heavily to digital release of the expansion content they are getting 100% of the retail price on that box rather than having to share costs with distributors and retailers.