World of Warcraft: Current Year

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
gonna boost my priest to 90 (from 85). Was thinking of dropping either Alchemy or Inscription for tailoring, but can't decide. Honestly, I just want it to make bags for myself.

businesscats_sl

shitlord
I recently came back to play my 85 priest and hit 90, within the first 2 zones. Not sure it'd be worth it for just those 5 levels that you get so quickly?

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I recently came back to play my 85 priest and hit 90, within the first 2 zones. Not sure it'd be worth it for just those 5 levels that you get so quickly?
If it's a class you plan on playing as your main or even one that gets heavy use as an alt, the free 600 points in professions is nice to have.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
If it's a class you plan on playing as your main or even one that gets heavy use as an alt, the free 600 points in professions is nice to have.
The alt things is really it. I'd like to get it to 90 and geared to via timeless to try doing some shitty healing in LFR.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Man, heroic is soooo easy now. At no point was our raid (which admittedly didn't struggle too much last week except on garrosh) at risk of wiping. Garrosh never even did empowered whirl.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
I have every profession maxed on my stable of characters, all the epic stuff for WoD is BoE right? Meaning I can just pick and choose which character to craft it on and upgrade it with and then mail it around?
Yes, you will have to run the daily cooldown on all of them to get the mats, though. And probably level up the Garrison on all of them to get access to the daily work order that provides additional mas.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I have every profession maxed on my stable of characters, all the epic stuff for WoD is BoE right?
Yep. Example:Hexweave Leggingsare BOE, and so are theHexweave EssenceandGreater Hexweave Essenceto upgrade them.Hexweave Embroiderylet's you reroll the random stat picked for secondary bonus. So once you've crafted it, you can equip straight away, and wait until you have enough to craft the improvements (which require each more stuff than the initial craft).

Same for every crafted gear.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Here's another issue that I'm wondering if it will ever get addressed: The value of secondary stats is different enough for some classes that certain specs are essentially required to succeed in PvP if they want to min/max their characters going into Mythic raiding, because the 660 ilvl PvP gear from Ashran is better itemized than the 670 ilvl Highmaul Heroic gear. Monk tanks have it the worst here, as they can get Mastery/Versatility (these two stats massively outstrip every other secondary for Monk tanking) in every slot except trinkets before entering Mythic raids by using the PvP gear, resulting in an absolutely massive advantage (at least 10% extra effective health and 5-10% less damage taken) over Monk tanks that don't PvP.

To get an epic item from Ashran you need to turn in 500 Artifact fragments which is dozens of HKs or hours of farming. However, Ashran has a mechanic where you lose half of ALL your fragments if you die. Ashran is 100v100 so you cant roll it with a premade. As such, if you're one of the affected specs, I suggest faction changing to Horde immediately. You're not going to survive long enough to 500 fragments on Alliance with how legendarily bad they are at PvP.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I missed the discussion over the last week or two but I have a question about the Siege raid: was doing Siege LFR last night to get some experience and loot on new character and every boss dropped an item. Is that supposed to happen? I thought LFR had a chance to drop (like, 1 item every 10 kills) or something. But, I got an item every single boss. Also, not to beat a supposedly dead horse; the SoO LFR fights were pants-on-head retardedly easy.

Did Blizzard just say "fuck it" and offer free loot until WoD drops?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Loot from every boss is definitely not common. If they upped the droprate in LFR they didn't mention it in the patch notes.

As to your other question, I'm sure it was a matter of "meh, this isn't worth the time to perfect with WoD releasing in 4 weeks. Grats on your heirlooms everyone!"

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Maybe I missed the discussion over the last week or two but I have a question about the Siege raid: was doing Siege LFR last night to get some experience and loot on new character and every boss dropped an item. Is that supposed to happen? I thought LFR had a chance to drop (like, 1 item every 10 kills) or something. But, I got an item every single boss. Also, not to beat a supposedly dead horse; the SoO LFR fights were pants-on-head retardedly easy.

Did Blizzard just say "fuck it" and offer free loot until WoD drops?
This has been happening to me too. Ran all 4 wings, only 2 bosses didn't drop anything (and Paragons is bugged so no one gets loot/no body or chest).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
So those retards still let combat rogues get dagger as their first heirloom. Well that was a great use of time.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Bain @ Kiljaeden - Community - World of WarcraftI had to beg a GM for a favor to get my eyepatch back. This patch has not been kind to huntards
frown.png

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Is anyone else having connection issues this week? At first I thought it was just me, but the tech support forums have quite a few "character not found" and "transfer aborted: instance not found" threads.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Is anyone else having connection issues this week? At first I thought it was just me, but the tech support forums have quite a few "character not found" and "transfer aborted: instance not found" threads.
Many, many times.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Yeah, last night was really bad, today is a bit better, but I seem to be crashing to the login screen a lot. It's to be expected with a new large patch, I suppose