World of Warcraft: Current Year

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's also the worst class to play imperfectly...dps dropoff is too steep.
That, and like someone else said.. They just start off every expansion sucking fucking balls. I just believe they are designed with perfect gear in mind and the journey there is the suck. Like MoP, it was so noticeable when you got a Best in Slot in terms of DPS. Not to mention, no one is really sure what spec is pulling the best over all damage. We have a good idea that its Ice, but as soon as you throw certain pieces of gear into the mix from WoD - Arcane and Fire can sometimes trump Ice. .. Which, honestly, I hate Ice spec. I wish it would just be a fucking pvp spec and let me Pyroblast all day long ~ But at least its good for variety sake.

Also reiterating the fact that Warriors and Monks topping DPS charts is based directly off of a fight where you can stand still and dps all fucking day ~ which from the previews we've seen, isnt going to happen.. ever. Hunters, Mages and .. surprisingly, Balance druids are going to be your bread winners in most of the WoD fights, in my opinion.

As far as the tanking shit goes, I agree that its not the healers but the Tanks - a lot of people dont know these instances at all. So thats your first factor. Second factor is that just in the last few pages, people that havent played the game since Burning Crusade or fucking Classic are now deciding to come back and are asking "is it a good time to come back" as if that was ever not the case at the beginning of any expansion. Not that the people here are bad players, but I wouldnt go so far as to assume that they are some small minority. A shit load of people have came/coming back for this expansion. Chances are, a lot of those people will be honest with themselves enough to know that they suck at DPS, so they will think they can Tank and will still suck donkey dick when they tank. IE. Dont forget your average player sucks and launches are full of them.

If Blizzard really wanted tanks to do better, they would change their abilities entirely. If I had any design say, I would make every ability a tank has be a type of mitigation. Low DPS, high aggro initial start and as that mitigation ability ends - it releases a certain amount of dps. IE. You cast Guard. Guard is now designed so that the tank will now parry all attacks for the next 6 seconds with an accompanying counter move. Each counter move does only minimal damage. As you continue to parry and counter each attack, you slowly reveal a critical weakness - allowing your last counter attack to do 300% damage. Wala ~ Each and every fucking retard that thinks they can tank is now at their base, doing very well. Making the gap between a very skilled tank and a shitty one only depend on the tanks overall awareness of the group and his position.

Lastly ~ I wouldnt bitch about these instances too much. This is the beginning of the expansion, and they are always semi-difficult. Wait a couple weeks and Blizzard will nerf them into the ground like they always do. Gone are the days of Burning Crusades type of ball slamming difficult. I wouldnt mind having difficult dungeons, but with the player I just described when I was talking about tanking... fuck that noise.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
WPlJBdb.gif

Well that explains the queues then.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only WoW can gain more subs in an expansion to a 10 year old game than any MMORPG has had in total subs in the last 10 years.

ETA: Yea got dumped and not cannot reconnect. Lag was starting up right before the dump.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Only WoW can gain more subs in an expansion to a 10 year old game than any MMORPG has had in total subs in the last 10 years.
They probably planned for 6MM in sales. It's not every day that one can be off by 40% and make almost a quarter billion on xpac sales alone.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
I've been doing heroics, tanking on a 100 prot and healing on a 100 priest. This expansion is only difficult for healers. It's like a god damn job and not fun at all. e.g. I just did 35k hps and we still wiped on a boss.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
I think that garrisons were a brilliant move. They are different enough to appeal to people that are tired of the raid grind but still like the world. Guessing most of them will drop off within a couple of months unless Blizzard has some clever plan to keep non-raid content relevant this expansion though.