World of Warcraft: Current Year

axeman_sl

shitlord
Sent all my best followers off on a mission before noticing that it was a 24 hour one. Seems there's no way to recall them, either.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
My only gripe is that we still have too fucking many buttons. I have 27 things bound to keys/MMO mouse for blood, compared to my balance/resto druid and huntard which have more empty actionbar slots than they do filled ones. Playing moonkin now I struggle to even fill all the buttons on my m602.

Btw, for people who are into the garrison/follower thing, especially on multiple characters, I highly recommend three addons for simplifying the management:

Master Plan - Shows detailed info about the missions so you don't have to open them up individually, then sorts them by which can be completed by your current unassigned followers.
LeFollowers - Puts a bar at the top of the follower UI that shows all the counters and how many of each one you have across all your activated followers so you can see where your army is weak.
Broker: Garrison - Assign the two things to ElvUI datatexts, or to whatever TitanPanel equivalent other UIs have and it will keep track of building mission progress across all your characters. As an added bonus, clicking the datatexts opens the garrison window, which allows you to hide that gigantic annoying ass button from the default UI without losing the functionality.

Semi-related question: is there really no reason to spend the gold/GR on upgrading profession buildings to rank 3? As far as I can tell, the only benefit is more work orders in the queue, which is pointless for now.
Thanks for addons, the tracking of missions across characters was a pain.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What item level you looking for? Proving Grounds gives a 610 and the Naaru quest in Nagrand has a 625 if you get the upgrade. Shitons of physical weapons from silver monsters too.

You can get some shitty 615 trinkets from rep.

sebur

Bronze Squire
So I read somewhere that there are followers gained through raid and special achievement type followers. Are they worth having to the extent that I shouldn't fill up on all these followers I get from questing and save spots for them later?

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
My only gripe is that we still have too fucking many buttons. I have 27 things bound to keys/MMO mouse for blood, compared to my balance/resto druid and huntard which have more empty actionbar slots than they do filled ones. Playing moonkin now I struggle to even fill all the buttons on my m602.

Btw, for people who are into the garrison/follower thing, especially on multiple characters, I highly recommend three addons for simplifying the management:

Master Plan - Shows detailed info about the missions so you don't have to open them up individually, then sorts them by which can be completed by your current unassigned followers.
LeFollowers - Puts a bar at the top of the follower UI that shows all the counters and how many of each one you have across all your activated followers so you can see where your army is weak.
Broker: Garrison - Assign the two things to ElvUI datatexts, or to whatever TitanPanel equivalent other UIs have and it will keep track of building mission progress across all your characters. As an added bonus, clicking the datatexts opens the garrison window, which allows you to hide that gigantic annoying ass button from the default UI without losing the functionality.

Semi-related question: is there really no reason to spend the gold/GR on upgrading profession buildings to rank 3? As far as I can tell, the only benefit is more work orders in the queue, which is pointless for now.
Thank you very much!

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
So I read somewhere that there are followers gained through raid and special achievement type followers. Are they worth having to the extent that I shouldn't fill up on all these followers I get from questing and save spots for them later?
I don't think there's a limit on the number of followers you can have, only the number you can have active. Any followers you gain after 20/25 will just be inactive. You can swap out one follower per day for some gold.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ah. That makes sense. Thanks for the information as I was under the assumption the 20/25 was a hard cap and you were shit out of luck if you picked up the wrong followers.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So is WoD worth getting? I played up until early cataclysm and quit. I loved BC/WotLK but didn't really like Cataclysm. Came back briefly for MoP, played for a month or so, and quit again. I heard that WoD is the best expansion so far. So is it worth getting? And is there an FAQ or anything anywhere that tells what's new with the game with WoD or returning player info?

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
I hate this fucking community. Got kicked from a group as a tank because I told the dps "I figured you guys wanted to tank it since you pulled it".

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I would level as blood or unholy, and only think about switching back to frost after you find a pair of 630+ 1H weapons. Blood is absurdly better at questing and doing daily apexis quests because you can pull a shitload of mobs and you're practically unkillable. Only time I switch to an actual dps spec is when I do dungeons.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
Any opinions on status of tanks in WoD atm? I got my DK to 100 and it doesn't feel quite right. I can't put my finger on it. Dungeons seem too chaotic for the AoE style, durability when stunned drops significantly. I am leveling my pally at the moment to see how that feels as well. I don't particularly enjoy druid tanking, at least in MoP. Never played a war / monk.

I am kind of spoiled by the DK because now every class feels painful to level in comparison. The only annoying part of Pally is I lose a lot of the open world nicety type stuff like path of frost w/ falling rune whenever I feel like it. Need to pay more attention when I am not on him.

In regards to followers, didn't know you needed 3 at 615 to move forward. I had been hoarding upgrades so I didn't randomly start overflowing with those missions. Will have to analyze my purples and get a team together.
Healing in herioc, it seems to me in order of easiest to heal, pally > warrior > monk > druid > dk

Palum

what Suineg set it to
So is WoD worth getting? I played up until early cataclysm and quit. I loved BC/WotLK but didn't really like Cataclysm. Came back briefly for MoP, played for a month or so, and quit again. I heard that WoD is the best expansion so far. So is it worth getting? And is there an FAQ or anything anywhere that tells what's new with the game with WoD or returning player info?
Honestly, it's decent content, but the story is disjointed and who gives a fuck, because the opening segment basically 'saves' Azeroth. So now you just roam around killing stuff. This is the second expac (first being Cata) that I feel incredibly uninterested in because there's just nothing new thematically. We've already been to Draenor, just orcy things... what's new? It feels like a very large content patch because of the lack of change in setting. A lot of classes are different - some good, some bad. Honestly it sucks losing specs/classes you liked to new abilities that make you find them uninteresting, but there's always something that will work for you. Garrisons are kinda cool, but I can tell they are going to get overwhelming with alts eventually.

It's smoke and mirrors. Some decent quality mirrors with real smoke, granted. It's just shitty that I find myself rolling my eyes waiting for the first patchalreadyjust to add some story elements that are a little more interesting. The best way to put it would be that it feels like an EQ2 expac. TBC, Wrath and MoP all had huge land masses and an entire shift in theme. Cata I can sort of give a pass because it was the 'modernization' with redoing, you know, everything. WoD... meh. I don't think we needed to be back here with Argus, Emerald Dream and shit, we could titan teleport to any random ass planet at this point.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Healing in herioc, it seems to me in order of easiest to heal, pally > warrior > monk > druid > dk
DK is the toughest you think? I've DPSed with a bunch of DK tanks and they all did pretty damn well; better than druids and monks anyway. Luck of the draw? Ilvl gaps? Or just skill (talk about a crap-shoot these days)?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
DK is the toughest you think? I've DPSed with a bunch of DK tanks and they all did pretty damn well; better than druids and monks anyway. Luck of the draw? Ilvl gaps? Or just skill (talk about a crap-shoot these days)?
Honestly it's so hit or miss because everything is active mitigation drudgery now, the spectrum is huge for people who can properly stagger CDs vs those who cannot.