World of Warcraft: Current Year

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What the hell? All of a sudden missions on two of my characters started giving out level 1 salvage bags instead of the proper level 2 crates?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Had the worst heroic group today. Hunter was pulling 6k on good pulls and he was the highest dps besides me (at around 13-17k)

I got pissed so I joined an MC run, but they wanted me as dps. All my gear is tank gear so I went frost and fudged it.. and was top DPS on every single fight.

People are shitty at this game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Hotfixed to, I think, <95 = small, <100 = normal, 100 = greater.
And so begins the 'yea so Garrisons are mostly for flavor' nerfs. I feel bad for people just starting now, they are going to have a tough time getting enough upgrade items for followers with this one. Bunker is such a mediocre supply for 20GR a wack and it wasn't like you would be overflowing in upgrades from L2 salvage anyway.

Did they hotfix L3 salvage to be useful at least?

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
And so begins the 'yea so Garrisons are mostly for flavor' nerfs. I feel bad for people just starting now, they are going to have a tough time getting enough upgrade items for followers with this one.
I already got screwed because I hit 100 before I got to the end of Spires of Arak, then was too busy to finish it off until last weekend. I already had all my followers at 100, so I'm stuck with just regular salvage for a while and not enough missions to get me up to greaters.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can still get a big crate from a 97. Not defending this change though, it's fucking idiotic. They had already nerfed it once in the last 24 hours or so, to make it so that you couldn't get crates from failed missions. That change was reasonable, but this one is absurd when you consider that it just ruined low level missions without doing a damn thing about the overall lack of missions when all your followers are high level.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It's dumb, it's just another extension to time sinks that makes me want to play this dumb expansion even less. Garrisons are already tedious and artificially restricted. I feel like I'm playing EvE right now.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya, between stuff like this and reforging, nerfs, other brain dead decisions I'm rapidly losing interest in this. The raid is fun though.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ya, between stuff like this and reforging, nerfs, other brain dead decisions I'm rapidly losing interest in this. The raid is fun though.
Raids are OK so far. It just sucks that I'm already at the 'login for resets' point. Follower stuff was going to last a bit longer, but I'm out of steam with 2 630 ilvl followers and being out of upgrades. With the nerf this is going to be a 'try again in 2 weeks' thing instead of bothering daily.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I think the idea with versatility is that you would equip a higher Ilvl piece of gear with vers over leaving your lower ilvl gear with better stats on. Honestly though I'd almost prefer reforge than trying to run for the right side grade or reshape over and over again for the right side grade.it definitely seems like making it a tertiary stat with speed and leech and shit would have been better.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think the idea with versatility is that you would equip a higher Ilvl piece of gear with vers over leaving your lower ilvl gear with better stats on.
And it could still work. Just change the abysmal ratio which converts versatility points into %.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the idea with versatility is that you would equip a higher Ilvl piece of gear with vers over leaving your lower ilvl gear with better stats on. Honestly though I'd almost prefer reforge than trying to run for the right side grade or reshape over and over again for the right side grade.it definitely seems like making it a tertiary stat with speed and leech and shit would have been better.
OMG give us back reforge. I hate the new World of Diablo 3 with its random bullshit now. I got a mission from my follower for a 615 chest piece. I got it and opened it. I play an Enhance Shaman so Multistrike is our key stat. The chest piece rolled "Only" Multistrike on it. I did not even know that stats could double up. I am wearing 630 and honestly am debating whether or not that 615 is actually more powerful.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that the quality of the game systems are very variable in this game, some are very well done and others are lazy.

Loot has been quite shoddily implemented this time around, good items rain down on you from 90-99 with random! epic upgrades! So when you hit 100 you already have the 615 gear needed to skip normal dungeons... where is the difficulty curve there? Then at 630 all your upgrade options vanish unless you craft in which case see you next month...

Cheap reforging perhaps linked to professions and cheap apexis buyable epic upgrades would have been good, together with harder dungeons/outdoor content (all those outdoor loot options vanish at 100!?)... as it is even heroics dungeons will be obsolete within a month of expansion day once LFR loot is out.

Did different people do levelling loot and endgame loot? They are both completely different systems.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Blizz has had that system where raid content cannibalizes everything else for a long time. The big joke is the lfr gear, it really shouldn't offer gear better than heroics warforged gear imho, and it should be blue, not that color matters anymore.

Personally I think having a system where all quest gear is green unless it is warforged, then its blue. And all heroic and raid gear premythic is blue unless warforged to epic. And myth is epic to leg. It just feels cooler to see the color upgrade than just the little green text and I think it would get people more excited about the items even tho it makes no actual difference.

Asherah

Silver Knight of the Realm
Blizz has had that system where raid content cannibalizes everything else for a long time. The big joke is the lfr gear, it really shouldn't offer gear better than heroics warforged gear imho, and it should be blue, not that color matters anymore.
Yeah, I think the way raids interact with the rest of the game is fundamentally flawed. The way it currently works almost everything else becomes obsolete as soon as the first raid opens up each expansion. What would be needed is a system that enables progression outside of raids without having too much effect on the raids. The easiest way would probably be to add a new raid only stat (think PvP power but for raids). This stat would only give benefits in raids and would only be present on items that dropped in raids.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
What was wrong with the way vanilla handled gearing? I mean with the exception of T1 random stupid stats
Same system, not sure why people are so bent out of shape. The only difference, is we can now see the item budget (ilevel) printed directly onto the gear drop.

Still don't know why people (Creslin) just can't get with the program and realise colour doesn't matter, only ilevel.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You had to run dungeons for a long time in Vanilla/Burning Crusade to see a raid. Remember running dungeons for your class set or having to do (I think) Shattered Halls Heroic for attunement? I'm full 630+ and officially done with dungeons 3 weeks in.

Now I get to kill Kargath in a much less epic way than in Burning Crusade. Chaos Orc, you spent two levels fighting his guys, taking orders from Illidan, has a Pit Lord prisoner under his castle? Now he is randomly in an Ogre city with no explaination after you've had one quest line with him IN ANOTHER ZONE. I cancelled my sub.

I don't understand why very little of this expansion is actually fighting the Iron Horde instead of making everything else extinct.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't understand why very little of this expansion is actually fighting the Iron Horde instead of making everything else extinct.
Because people bitched about "TOO MUCH ORCS" when the expansion was previewed.