World of Warcraft: Current Year

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if it is even possible to fail the LFR Butcher outside of willful sabotage. I know LFR needs to be simplified and all that but good lord that was painfully easy.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Also, RE: MOP Primary VS Secondary balance. People didn't gem primary stat (and several class still *did* at multiple points in the patch cycle), because Primary Stat *gems* had half the stats of Secondary Stat gems, in a direct bid by Blizzard to get people to stop gemming straight primary stats; not because the primary stat itself was worse than the secondary stat on a point per point basis.
That's exactly what I was saying... That secondary stats were worth more than .5 primary stat, so you didn't gem primary (since the ratio you get on gems is 1:2). Warriors were the oddball because they had a secondary stat that was actually worth more than 1 primary. However, most classes still had secondaries worth .6 to .8 primary, now it's .4 to .6.

You get more primary stat per ilvl on gear than you do either secondary (with the exception of the special pieces that can roll only a single secondary stat) and you get a lot more out of your primary than you did before (not less, like you claimed). You're claiming that a e.g. 695 chest with your worst stats is better than a 655 with your best. A 695 chest has 304 strength and 402 total secondary. A 655 has 211 strength and 274 secondary. The only way the 695 is worse than a 655 is it has only your single worst stat at .3 str and the 655 has only your best stat at .78. No one has a secondary stat worth .78 primary, let alone a worst one at .3. You are either doing some very wrong math, or just full of hyperbole.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Highmaul Mythic is 685. Double upgraded Crafted is 665. It's not the 40 ilvl difference you're posing. Single-upgraded Crafted gear VS Blackrock Mythic gear was nowhere in my initial post you responded to. So yes, when you add an additional tier of raid content (which is actually better itemized as well, and contains tier bonuses in the slots that needed the crafted before... thus a completely different realm of discussion) and drop the 665s I'm talking about down to 655, it does indeed make the difference larger. So grats on creating an argument I wasn't making in the first place I guess?
smile.png

Also, the amount of benefit you get from your primary stat is completely different spec to spec (as well as situation to situation, Strength for instance has a much higher value on 4+ target AOE fights for DK than it does in Single Target), Blizzard's claim of "quadrupling" its benefit is about as meaningless as their claim of making every secondary stat equally viable.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
Yah, wow, I got that really wrong. ~27 ilvls is about the breakpoint where worst secondaries will beat out best secondaries in the bad cases; 20 has no problem being better than a higher ilvl.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Crafted stage 3 is 670 now, the tooltips just won't update until they patch the client.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Ah, they pushed that through today? They'd said they were thinking about it. That's nice
smile.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's been live for a couple weeks, the tooltips just aren't updated. Wowhead shows the correct stats/ilvl.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
That's exactly what I was saying... That secondary stats were worth more than .5 primary stat, so you didn't gem primary (since the ratio you get on gems is 1:2). Warriors were the oddball because they had a secondary stat that was actually worth more than 1 primary. However, most classes still had secondaries worth .6 to .8 primary, now it's .4 to .6.

You get more primary stat per ilvl on gear than you do either secondary (with the exception of the special pieces that can roll only a single secondary stat) and you get a lot more out of your primary than you did before (not less, like you claimed). You're claiming that a e.g. 695 chest with your worst stats is better than a 655 with your best. A 695 chest has 304 strength and 402 total secondary. A 655 has 211 strength and 274 secondary. The only way the 695 is worse than a 655 is it has only your single worst stat at .3 str and the 655 has only your best stat at .78. No one has a secondary stat worth .78 primary, let alone a worst one at .3. You are either doing some very wrong math, or just full of hyperbole.
This is not always the case. For tanks, the BiS neckpiece is a random rolled 645 epic from follower missions that rolled double bonus armor for secondaries. BA is just that good. The 660 PvP neck is next-best for several tanks, namely the ones for whom crit is low value as it actually has more BA on it than the Mythic necks.

Malkav

French Madman
Ah, looks like someone got a clue at Blizzard

Barn: Increased the drop rates for Savage Blood from work orders.
Dwarven Bunker / War Mill: Work orders now award more Iron Horde Scraps and increased the drop rates for Follower Enhancements.
Trading Post: The Savage Friends achievement now only requires the character to become Exalted with 1 Draenor reputation (down from 3).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So you know what really grinds my gears? Mofos on the AH flooding it with Marks of the Shattered Hand enchants that they are selling FOR LESS THAN THE COST OF A TEMPORAL CRYSTAL. God damn, the enchant neck/cloak/ring and weapon enchants are EASY MONEY. People...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
They probably made them for skillups, and don't really care about turning a profit and instead just want to unload it quickly. I play a lot, so I get massive amounts of gold from quests, dungeons, etc, and if I have something that I know is worth at least bothering to go to the AH with, I'll list it for much cheaper than the rest just to get rid of it, because I don't want to be bothered relisting items that don't sell right away.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
You use the Temporal Crystals generated by the hut/ench cooldowns just to skill up and dump? I think you mean Luminous shards... the markets for those enchants is much better.

Temporal Crystal on Stormscale = ~700g, Marks selling for 550G.

By comparison, Enchant Neck Breath of Multistrike = 1x Luminous Shard (50G) and sells for 450G. That is a good market. I've made so much money off of that stupid shit.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ran LFR last night (half of which were guildies) it took 30 minutes. No mechanics, just tank and spank (at least that's how it felt). On the upside I got to replace a piece so it wasn't a total loss but other than that it was about as boring as you'd expect. I've been in heroics that took longer than that.

Elerion

N00b
Highmaul Mythic is 685. Double upgraded Crafted is 665. It's not the 40 ilvl difference you're posing. Single-upgraded Crafted gear VS Blackrock Mythic gear was nowhere in my initial post you responded to. So yes, when you add an additional tier of raid content (which is actually better itemized as well, and contains tier bonuses in the slots that needed the crafted before... thus a completely different realm of discussion) and drop the 665s I'm talking about down to 655, it does indeed make the difference larger. So grats on creating an argument I wasn't making in the first place I guess?
smile.png

Also, the amount of benefit you get from your primary stat is completely different spec to spec (as well as situation to situation, Strength for instance has a much higher value on 4+ target AOE fights for DK than it does in Single Target), Blizzard's claim of "quadrupling" its benefit is about as meaningless as their claim of making every secondary stat equally viable.
Well, it might be different for other classes, but they hit the nail on the head for shadow priests.

Our weights are like Int = 1, best secondary = 0.6, other secondaries = 0.55, versatility = 0.50, and the best secondary depends on your talent setup and the fight mechanics. The result is that the higher item level item is basically always an upgrade, except for trinkets and if the lower item level has a socket.

Seems to be the way they intended the system to work.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I run into the quandry of having a ilevel 630 with a socket and perfect secondary stats vs an ilevel 640 with terrible secondary stats and no socket. In principle the added INT should trump everything, but it doesn't feel as though it does.

I do have a 636 with a socket and I'm pretty confident in keeping that one over a 640.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I am glad I play paladin and paladin secondary are reasonably balanced. Highest stat weight Sims at .49, lowest at .37 so its nice to just be able to use the best piece of gear.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I did LFR last night and was really really disappointed.

Even normal dungeons are harder than that. Seriously? It took 15 minutes to clear it and my health never dropped below 80%.

I thought LFR would take care of the itch but it didn't. Gonna have to find time to do some real raids.

Also I got 8 of those stones in a single LFR run, is that normal? I got 1x from each boss, plus a boss dropped a cluster that contained 5 - that must be rare right?

Elerion

N00b
LFR is intended to be a true tourist mode now. It's why the raid no longer drops tier gear, just random epics slightly better than heroics.

I think that's fine, and my only concern is that it makes the CM daily gear have very poor risk:reward. If they're going to hand out welfare 640 epics, they should buff the CM reward to 645.