World of Warcraft: Current Year

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
There are fights where we use it specifically, tectus, imperator specifically. Maybe more? Brackenspore if we f up a green shroom.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But very very situational. Most fights these days everybody is running around to positions like crazy, with changes to Cascade and Prayer of Mending (adding a casting time) it's also sometimes difficult to raid heal when you have to move
Glyph of Weakened Soul, Glyph of Penance. Surge of Light and Words of Mending talents is best we're going to be able to do as Disc. Shield like a mad man, penance on CD and flash of light when surge procs. Prayer of Mending instant cast when you hit stacks is the best we can do. Holy is more like Resto Druid in this regard. It isn't too bad though.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Disc does great if you take into account of spirit shell & normal PW:S absorbs. They're really, really good to have on raids lol

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Probably poor on Kronuts because they can't do much to get rid of the shadow ward. Which often lingers WAY too long.. like I'm down to 20% health and still have a fat wad of purple on my bar and I'm due next to catch balls.

I guess that's just where I need to speak up for myself to get that taken care of.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Oh god the shadow ward. I have to see with littlewigs/bigwigs (wings?) when it's about to come on and I shield (for borrowed time + crit on prayer) + spirit shell then prayer of healing to give everybody critted shields. I got Penance glyphed and it works but again, it's a single target.

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah, i save my revival cd as a MW monk for shadow ward.. the first one i can pretty much negate on the entire raid, but that is my only CD beyond life cocoon lol

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I did my first WoD random dungeon PUG last night at 92 (dinged 93 on the last boss). I had installed DBM and Recount just to get a feel for how I was doing on the Enhancement Shaman rotation.

Holy. Shit. I am terrible. My output was half of the next lowest DPS and they were 91-92 range. My gear is pretty much the standard quest stuff (with the exception of the alchemy stone which is 600ish). and I'm prioritizing according to the Ice Veins protocol. No idea why it was so low but I have not heard a lot of bitching from Shamans so it must be me.

I suppose it doesn't help that I don't know the instances yet so I'm a little tentative but damn that was embarrassing.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Shamans are literally the worst class in the game right now my man. There's even been some blue posts about them getting some love soon.

Silence_sl

shitlord
I did my first WoD random dungeon PUG last night at 92 (dinged 93 on the last boss). I had installed DBM and Recount just to get a feel for how I was doing on the Enhancement Shaman rotation.

Holy. Shit. I am terrible. My output was half of the next lowest DPS and they were 91-92 range. My gear is pretty much the standard quest stuff (with the exception of the alchemy stone which is 600ish). and I'm prioritizing according to the Ice Veins protocol. No idea why it was so low but I have not heard a lot of bitching from Shamans so it must be me.

I suppose it doesn't help that I don't know the instances yet so I'm a little tentative but damn that was embarrassing.
You'll get up to snuff in no time, especially if you haven't been playing for a while. Beyond that, PUGs really suck if under L100/640.

Bruman

Golden Squire

You need to know what gear they had. I was in mostly LFR stuff from SoO, some normal pug stuff, all upgraded with charms, and I didn't really start replacing gear until I got into Spires.

Edit: But don't sweat it. Its leveling dungeons. Mobs died, people lived.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Shamans are literally the worst class in the game right now my man. There's even been some blue posts about them getting some love soon.
Er, are you talking pre-hotfixes? Because they are in pretty good shape in raids, with ele ahead on patchwerk and enhance ahead basically everywhere else. When they can abuse fire nova, hory sheeet. But 5-man is all about your ability to blow up packs of 3-6 mobs if you aren't just looking at boss parses.

Speaking of, the fuck can't you filter warcraftlogs by date? Really something they should have with all the hotfixing. I like to use a medium ilevel range to eliminate the insane outliers.

At least the OP class changes on most of the encounters because of whatever class mechanic having insane scaling for that specific setup.

I was planning on saving multistrike pieces just in case survival ever gets love but.. there aren't any. It's my lowest stat despite being second highest priority for marks.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
You need to know what gear they had. I was in mostly LFR stuff from SoO, some normal pug stuff, all upgraded with charms, and I didn't really start replacing gear until I got into Spires.

Edit: But don't sweat it. Its leveling dungeons. Mobs died, people lived.
Yeah, I didn't check out their gear. I don't think I could even tell you the classes because, as you know, no one ever stands still for more than a second or talks in PUGs. You gotta pay attention to what is going or you get pegged as a noob.

jarrettmp_sl

shitlord
Sorry to disturb a more advanced thread, but I just got WoD after not having played since about 2 months before Cata came out. What are the UI mods I need to just get a basic setup now for instancing and questing?

Thanks

Vitality

HUSTLE
Sorry to disturb a more advanced thread, but I just got WoD after not having played since about 2 months before Cata came out. What are the UI mods I need to just get a basic setup now for instancing and questing?

Thanks
GTFO and DBM for starters, make sure to get handy notes: draenor also for finding treasures and different things while leveling.

I use ElvUI as a complete UI replacement, I like it a lot.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Thanks
Get Elv UI, DBM, GTFO and grab a copy of zygor guides off of iptorrents. If you want a little more flavor, get Supervillan UI from WoWinterface instead of ELVUI. Those are your basic ones that will get you started. I'm sure everyone else will have other must haves.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Master Plan - makes garrison management, manageable.
Bagnon - lets you search your bags, see your bank/void storage/guild bank/alt's inventories
Recount/skada - basically some dmg meter so you can see where you fall
Bartender or some other action bar mod
Unit/raid frames of some sort - if you are a healer
Tidyplates
Deadly Boss Mods
GTFO
HandyNotes + Handynotes Draenor Treasures - this will overlay named on your map and remove them once you have killed them. They drop a guaranteed item the first kill as well as garrison resources

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Use skada instead of recount. It's a lightweight, more effective meter(at measuring effective dps, which is what matters & coincides with any logging you do).

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Game is very "hardcore casual" friendly right now. I'm sitting at ilevel 645 having only killed one Normal raid mob (which dropped no loot) and otherwise geared via world boss, garrison followers, and tradeskills. Hell even the tradeskill stuff are things I made myself using only materials I gathered on one character and no AH purchases. If someone is willing to login periodically and do relatively small things you can do quite well.
Sounds like fun. If I only enjoyed DIKUs still. You guys seem to have a lot of fun with this expansion.