World of Warcraft: Current Year

Dynalisia

Lord Nagafen Raider
As a healer, high 630's is perfectly fine for normals, but your raid has to be somewhat competent, as you can't really compensate for as much fail as you're used to. You see it every expansion: at the start everyone feels underpowered, because they can't kill shit before people start dying. As a result, they start bitching their dps/hps is too low and Blizzard fucked up class power. However, that's just bullshit.

What's really going on is that people are sucking at the game. Tanking and dps is mediocre because people aren't good enough at new stuff yet (encounters, talents, abilities, etc.), they take tons of mechanics-damage, and the healers are not well geared enough yet (or good enough) to compensate for all that fail. As the expansion progresses, you see a healers get more mana/power and they start compensating for all this fail (this is not because of awesome healer skill however, 'compensating for fail' just means healing more).

Obviously, this effect is much more pronounced the lower on the foodchain you get.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
Had the chance to get some Highmaul loot love from my garrison. Which seems to be a more guaranteed way of getting normal level loot (0/8 so far). Got the cache, made sure I was holy, and got boots. I had two pieces of Highmaul gear from LFR, shoulders and boots. I get boots again, thanks RNG, at least these were warforged and have slightly better stats, maybe.

I am really hopping I can luck into the epic 645 weapon quest like I did on my DK.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Whats the requirement for these caches or are they just random? Granted, I take little to no care in my garrison

Vitality

HUSTLE
Garrison invasions give out chests once a week and have a chance of dropping a 645 item in it, I've gotten the 2h wep from it. Item is inbetween lfr and normals as far as value.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Whats the requirement for these caches or are they just random? Granted, I take little to no care in my garrison
Highmaul caches come from ilvl 645 missions, which pop if you have at least 2 ilvl 645 followers (my first and so far only popped while I was gearing my third follower, which I managed to finish).

You need 6 counter-attacks with 3 followers, which is quite hard. Usually, that means you have 5 counters, plus some additional boni; I had 5 counters and a High Stamina bonus, so I had 91% chance (and got a necklace. My followers are better than me at looting).

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Some napkin math was going on in mumble last night and our pugs who had mythic caches from followers and heroics said it has to do with kills. Like you have to clear 7/7 and have 15 kills in normal to get heroic loot. Same for heroic, again this was napkin math / video watching science.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
HPS is such a bad stat to monitor performance on for healers. When I look at logs I set it to show raw healing to get a better reflection on performance, because HPS has so many factors that effect it that the player has no control over, such as raid size, healing setup, set role for the fight.

For example when i raid with a disc priest as a holy paladin the logs will show my HPS at around the 20-24k hps mark, if i set it to show raw it goes up to 30-40k mark. When the disc goes holy my hps on the logs without swapping to show raw healing will jump up by about 6-7k hps on the same fight. Raw healing however will never show that much of a increase it will always stay around the same level if played to the same level of skill

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Some napkin math was going on in mumble last night and our pugs who had mythic caches from followers and heroics said it has to do with kills. Like you have to clear 7/7 and have 15 kills in normal to get heroic loot. Same for heroic, again this was napkin math / video watching science.
One of our C-team members has gotten a Heroic Cache mission without killing Imperator on either difficulty.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Someone on reddit said you just needed 15 kills at a difficulty to get the cache missions for that level. He didn't say anything about having to clear the difficulty as well.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah who the fuck knows, Ive done Imp but don't have the 15 kills and have only gotten a normal cache. Someone also mentioned that it resets every week and a half, so its about due for me.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This is on WoWhead.

MOk9E90.png

Menion_sl

shitlord
Looking to tank in this expansion and am trying to decide between Warrior/Paladin. I leveled my Warrior up to 100 last week as I wanted to try Guardian as well since the two specs share the same gear sets. However, the rotation for Prot/Guardian feels clunky. Gonna try and level up my Paladin this weekend as this is the class that I last tanked with. Is either class clearly the better tank right now?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah who the fuck knows, Ive done Imp but don't have the 15 kills and have only gotten a normal cache. Someone also mentioned that it resets every week and a half, so its about due for me.
I would have less total kills than you probably and got the Imp kill later and a heroic mission dropped for me. So who the fuck knows.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Looking to tank in this expansion and am trying to decide between Warrior/Paladin. I leveled my Warrior up to 100 last week as I wanted to try Guardian as well since the two specs share the same gear sets. However, the rotation for Prot/Guardian feels clunky. Gonna try and level up my Paladin this weekend as this is the class that I last tanked with. Is either class clearly the better tank right now?
DK is a better warrior AND paladin tank. I'm biased though. Krassus has the whole left side of his keyboard bound to blood boil.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
In half the fights this tier Blood Boil feels like the only button I'm using on my Unholy DK too. It's silly that your AOE-spell outscales your premier single target attack... at 2 targets.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
In half the fights this tier Blood Boil feels like the only button I'm using on my Unholy DK too. It's silly that your AOE-spell outscales your premier single target attack... at 2 targets.
Yeah they made it nuts. I mean with most packs I can cast it once and never lose aggro..

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its also silly that DKs absorb damage like a sponge and channel it back out like a very angry spiked sponge. Daily heroics have already turned into speed runs where the tank, if it is a DK, charges forward and aggros every mob in creation then proceeds to destroy those mobs while the rest of us shuffle along for the ride. I'm okay with tanks being able to, ya know, tank huge piles of mobs. I am less okay with the notion that if someone is doing massive AOE dps it isn't one of the actual DPS classes. Then again these DKs also seem to be top or very near the top on single target bosses too so what the fuck.

Yeah I know Blizzard likes to balance things around the raid experience and/or the PVP experience and it really shouldn't matter what you see in your po-dunk 5 man heroic dungeon... but I would at least like to feel the illusion that DPS matter.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Its also silly that DKs absorb damage like a sponge and channel it back out like a very angry spiked sponge. Daily heroics have already turned into speed runs where the tank, if it is a DK, charges forward and aggros every mob in creation then proceeds to destroy those mobs while the rest of us shuffle along for the ride. I'm okay with tanks being able to, ya know, tank huge piles of mobs. I am less okay with the notion that if someone is doing massive AOE dps it isn't one of the actual DPS classes. Then again these DKs also seem to be top or very near the top on single target bosses too so what the fuck.

Yeah I know Blizzard likes to balance things around the raid experience and/or the PVP experience and it really shouldn't matter what you see in your po-dunk 5 man heroic dungeon... but I would at least like to feel the illusion that DPS matter.
Raids would probably want to bring DK tanks also since hey, dps is dps. If they can tank the content at all they'd be better tanks since they output more raid dps than dps classes.