World of Warcraft: Current Year

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Don't worry, Oblio. I died to fire on twins and red squirts on Tectus and I don't even have kids.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So, what is a decent, pve, est, alliance server? My main is horde with the Rerolled guys on hyjal but want to roll an alliance alt at some point, and I hear hyjal sucks for alliance.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fletch101 and I xfered to Hyjal from Stormrage alliance. It's a very high pop server that is massively lopsided in favor of alliance. The only real downside was that we had queues there for longer than most servers did after WoD was first released.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
So, what is a decent, pve, est, alliance server? My main is horde with the Rerolled guys on hyjal but want to roll an alliance alt at some point, and I hear hyjal sucks for alliance.
If you don't mind PST my Alliance guild on Proudmoore is quite nice and we raid tue/thurs 9pm-12 east (6pm pst). We just downed heroic Kor'agh but run alt normal Highmaul on mondays open to everybody. Let me know if you're interested, Oproh / Koproh is the name of the characters.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The other half of my characters are on Stormrage - where Vorph was talking about. DPS queue is about 10-15 (Stretches to 30 in off hours) for Heroic 100 dungeons. Instant queue tank/healer usually. PUG's for Mythic HM do happen and are sometimes successful and of course there are trash runs which is really nice. You have a wide range of guilds to choose from so finding one that raids during your desired raid time is pretty easy. I put a little too much time into Hyjal and got behind my guild in ilvl, but they are on Mythic stuff - but we invite casuals all the same if thats your speed. (ie. More than welcome to join us if you're fine with a super populated server. Which.. why wouldnt you be?!) My leather/sumptuous farmer is named "Daidraco" on that server too if you're looking for an easy to remember name.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I always liked following how classes progress in this game over expansions. I haven't even looked at WOD at all. How do they stack up these days?

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
At a glance

Tank wise blood DK seem on top with their massive self healing solid tanking shenanigans. All the tanks seem at least from my perspective when I am healing to be pretty good ATM. Some are a bit more spikey than others but all have their upsides. Blood DK are just in a really good spot at the moment and are capable of doing some things no other tanks can currently.

DPS wise Hunters seem really good if a bit boring rotationally from what I hear. From doing pug LFR and normal flex pugging even crappy marksman hunters tend to float to the top of the DPS list. DPS monks seem really high as well although they have caught a few nerfs of late.

The underperformers currently are mages/warlocks/shaman and rogues. I once in a while see a rogue pull some huge DPS out of their rears but most of the ones I have seen have not been in a good place yet. Due to how well they scale I expect that to change soon enough as the expansion progresses and that likely applies to the other under performers as well. They are tending to be the ones that scale well once they get gear with the right stats which is hard to come by at the moment.

The healers all seem to be in a reasonably good spot. I have not bumped into any healer type who was not capable of doing the job. Druids are their usual great healers although for the moment they are one of the healer types that can drive them selves OOM if you are not paying attention since they took away innervate. From what I hear Disc priests are in a super good spot at the moment and all seem really happy with their performance.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Thanks. I would of thought Warlocks would be up there. I just looked at their talents on WOWhead. The Demonology stuff looks really fun. Shame that it sucks.

Elerion

N00b
At a glance

Tank wise blood DK seem on top with their massive self healing solid tanking shenanigans. All the tanks seem at least from my perspective when I am healing to be pretty good ATM. Some are a bit more spikey than others but all have their upsides. Blood DK are just in a really good spot at the moment and are capable of doing some things no other tanks can currently.

DPS wise Hunters seem really good if a bit boring rotationally from what I hear. From doing pug LFR and normal flex pugging even crappy marksman hunters tend to float to the top of the DPS list. DPS monks seem really high as well although they have caught a few nerfs of late.

The underperformers currently are mages/warlocks/shaman and rogues. I once in a while see a rogue pull some huge DPS out of their rears but most of the ones I have seen have not been in a good place yet. Due to how well they scale I expect that to change soon enough as the expansion progresses and that likely applies to the other under performers as well. They are tending to be the ones that scale well once they get gear with the right stats which is hard to come by at the moment.

The healers all seem to be in a reasonably good spot. I have not bumped into any healer type who was not capable of doing the job. Druids are their usual great healers although for the moment they are one of the healer types that can drive them selves OOM if you are not paying attention since they took away innervate. From what I hear Disc priests are in a super good spot at the moment and all seem really happy with their performance.
Tanks: Agreed. It should be noted that well played warriors can completely negate a few dangerous mechanics in the current raid, due to their incredibly mobility. Also, Paladins are the preferred tank on the instance's "Patchwerk" DPS check encounter, as they will deal far more damage than any other tank in that exact situation.

DPS wise, only warlocks are really struggling. Shamans are mediocre in general but do 20% more DPS than everyone else on a couple of key encounters due to bonkers AoE damage. Mages and rogues were weak at release, but have been buffed since and are now (along with warriors) the highest DPS classes overall if you are willing to change specs between encounters.

Healing, everything works. It's areallywell designed expansion for PvE healing, both in terms of play style and balance. Disc priests are kings since PWS is absurdly overtuned, but stack really poorly for the same reason, so it's not really a big problem. It's not like anyone will beat mythic with all disc priests yet.

For PvP healing, everything is fucked up with Druid being so much better than every other healer that it's not even funny. Monk healers are pretty bad in general, but can completely negate burst on a target once every 55 seconds, which makes it auto win against cool down based burst comps. Priest healers (Disc) were overpowered in PvP for a week at launch due to bugs and low gear levels, so Blizzard fixed the bugs and threw some nerfs on top, to the point where there are now something like 2 priest healers in the top 200 players.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Thanks. I would of thought Warlocks would be up there. I just looked at their talents on WOWhead. The Demonology stuff looks really fun. Shame that it sucks.
Once blackrock foundry comes out in a month or so I am guessing you are going to see the pure casters and rogues start to shine more as some classes just scale with stats a lot more than others do.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Monks aren't really all that bad in pvp healing, however.. you basicallyNEEDa ret paladin to help negate your flaws so you're very limited in the comps you can play

Elerion

N00b
If I wasn't clear, monks are currently one of the best PvP healers (probably second behind druid, actually), but it's entirely on the back of 55 second cocoon.