World of Warcraft: Current Year

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Yea I don't really do anything with my logs for self-improvement so I just use AMR to mentally masturbate over how much better I am than other tanks. Warcraft Logs is much superior.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nooo,

They fixed double trapping. I seem unable to get a second trap to trip now when trapping elites at least. That kind of sucks. They did appear to increase the number of elites, so at least that helps some.

Madsapper

Bronze Knight of the Realm
February 3, 2015:
Blackrock Foundry opens with Normal and Heroic difficulties available.

World boss Rukhmar becomes available in Spires of Arak.

February 10, 2015:
Mythic difficulty becomes available.

February 17, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 1: Slagworks (Gruul, Oregorger, and The Blast Furnace) unlocks.

February 24, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 2: The Black Forge (Hans'gar and Franzok, Flamebender Ka'graz, and Kromog ) unlocks.

March 10, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 3: Iron Assembly (Beastlord Darmac, Operator Thogar, and The Iron Maidens) unlocks.

March 24, 2015:
Raid Finder Wing 4: Blackhand's Crucible (Blackhand) unlocks.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Yeah there's no way mr robot logs are as accurate. The uptimes it lists for certain spells would require us to have been afk eating glue for a third of the fight.

Not that I don't do that sometimes.

The ilvl ranking feature is neat but ilevel is a dogshit indicator or performance - what puzzles me is why they don't use their own stat weights to give you a meaningful gearscore, and then rank you by that. I think I meant to feedback that the last time I typed this exact same thing here. I like repeating myself.

EDIT: Wow only two more weeks of Highmaul. Followed by another month of pugging it to get scales of doom.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looks like they're determined to repeat the mistakes of MoP by rushing early content instead of spacing it evenly to avoid a crazy long content gap on the back-end.

That is, of course, unless they can actually deliver on a 12-18 month expansion cycle.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Looks like they're determined to repeat the mistakes of MoP by rushing early content instead of spacing it evenly to avoid a crazy long content gap on the back-end.

That is, of course, unless they can actually deliver on a 12-18 month expansion cycle.
I believe BRF is still considered the first tier of raiding. Given their track record the end of the expansion is going to sit around for 12 months or so though.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Highmaul should last another month, with BRF coming out early March. There are 2,220 to 2,300 guilds in the world that are still 2/7 mythic. That numbers obviously gets lower and lower the more bosses killed.

134 guilds in the world are 7/7 mythic, and around 400 are 6/7 mythic. I'm fine with top guilds getting the final boss killed on mythic before a new raid comes out, but if the majority of mythic guilds aren't even 50%...releasing a new raid after 2 months of the starter raid is way too soon in my opinion.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
HM feels like a raid they kind of just quickly put together to ship with WoD. I'm pretty sure BRF will be the first real raid. HM doesn't even have a proper tier set and really the only fight that is halfway interesting mechanics wise is Bracken.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah, Highmaul was because they couldn't ship an expansion without a raid. They needed it both for tuning purposes and for something for the max levels to do. You can tell because of the poor optimization and the fact that they put tier set into the next raid.

Needless

Toe Sucker
just like how Mogushan Vaults was, intro raid with shit gear to tie people over before they release a real tier raid.

BRF looks sick as fuck though, i'm excited for it

---

It is the same tier, MSV/TOES/HoF was T1 in MoP, HM/BRF is T1 of WoD.
They just segment them to give them more time to make T2 content lol

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I believe BRF is still considered the first tier of raiding. Given their track record the end of the expansion is going to sit around for 12 months or so though.
Yea. The normal BRF ilvl is below heroic Highmaul ilvl, so they're obviously part of the same tier.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nooo,

They fixed double trapping. I seem unable to get a second trap to trip now when trapping elites at least. That kind of sucks. They did appear to increase the number of elites, so at least that helps some.
It seems odd that the only way to get a resource they know is going to wind up being a hot commodity to such a limited amounts of mobs in a limited part of one single zone and did not expect it to turn into a griefing FUBAR.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Wow they are really stretching out the LFR release... The last wing of LFR doesn't roll out until the last week of March, that's kinda crazy. Might as well just let my account lapse and then re-up sometime in the late Spring rather than just have piddly content for the next 2-3 months.

My 6 month is up right around the time BRF opens and I was thinking about letting it renew and make some stronger effort to get into a quasi-regular Normal raid group but this staggered release is just the incentive I need to not renew.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm

It's actually the opposite. They are stretching out content longer than ever before. Highmaul+Blackrock Foundy = Tier 17 just like MSV+Heart of Fear+Terrace of Endless Spring = Tier 14.