World of Warcraft: Current Year

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Given you would have to go back to the barracks for them I just don't see why bodyguards have the 1 hour cool down. I mostly use mine to make killing space cows go a bit faster so it does not matter to much to me any more.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
lvl 3 leorahj = garrison mission table on the go.
Thats the only reason i use a bodyguard lol
Yup its very useful when leveling but by the time you get him leveled up chances are you are level 100 and your follower missions are taking 4+ hours so I tend to not get much use out of that ability any longer.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, once I was 100 I wasn't 'out and about' where I ever needed it really.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
We finally got Heroic Imp last night after the fucking raid leader snapped and kicked all the crappy DPS players out, we had 2 people with a lower DPS than our tanks!

That's a drawback of the whole "flex" type raids, it causes drama when some people aren't pulling their numbers and they need to be kicked out.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crafted one of those 630 weapons for my 91 sham and holy shit is that thing beast. Got a few more epics to throw on him today. I'll have my blood-bitch soon enough. Not even sure if it's worth upgrading crafted epics anymore, though.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Not enthused about having to farm PvP gear again for PvE. People have finally figured out how stupid the Monk 4-pc PvP bonus on tanks is and we're going to see every guild that can afford to use nothing but Monk tanks in BRF. Two Monk tanks with the gear can AoE Guard each other every 15 seconds, this works out to about 46,666 HPS which lets you cut a healer from your raid. If you use three Monk tanks you can cut yet another healer as AoE Guards from the PvP set bonus every 10 seconds means your tanks no longer need to be healed at all, and you get the extra DPS from that third tank. You can already do stupid shit like 2-heal Mythic Brackenspore and Butcher by abusing the hell out of this.

Grayson Carlyle

Golden Squire
We finally got Heroic Imp last night after the fucking raid leader snapped and kicked all the crappy DPS players out, we had 2 people with a lower DPS than our tanks!

That's a drawback of the whole "flex" type raids, it causes drama when some people aren't pulling their numbers and they need to be kicked out.
No no, that's the benefit! You can kick the shitty DPS and the encounter actually becomes easier. Before, it only became easier when kicking people who died often and sucked up healing mana. Now it works for both!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

I don't see how flex changes this at all -- except that you may not need to actually replace your bads. Isn't the old way A) carry bads or B) kick bads, search for replacement?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No no, that's the benefit! You can kick the shitty DPS and the encounter actually becomes easier. Before, it only became easier when kicking people who died often and sucked up healing mana. Now it works for both!
That's a good point.

I don't understand how anyone can be upset they are kicked if they suck. Play better and not get kicked. If I'm sucking at DPS or blowing the raid up, I'd probably kick myself out of the raid.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I'm not saying the actual removing shitty players is bad; is the drama that happens when you have to do it. Also, we had a DK that wasn't pulling her numbers and SHE should've been kicked out, but we needed death grip so the other guy who was doing more DPS had to go, which resulted in drama and what not.

Ugh

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I'm not saying the actual removing shitty players is bad; is the drama that happens when you have to do it. Also, we had a DK that wasn't pulling her numbers and SHE should've been kicked out, but we needed death grip so the other guy who was doing more DPS had to go, which resulted in drama and what not.

Ugh
I think what we're saying is: raid leaders have had to choose between Carry/Kick since the dawn of raiding... there is functionally no difference now with the raid size being flexible. It just makes the "replace" step optional in some situations. There should be zero drama; its the RL's prerogative to build a successful raid. If I need 20k DPS and death grip then the guy doing 22k dps without death grip isn't doing what I need. To the bench he goes. People unhappy with this need a different guild -- be it more casual OR more hardcore.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Uh, your tanks *should* be top dps or close to it if you're doing H-Imp in a group that doesn't already overgear the shit out of the fight. Assuming a 650-something group, expected dps is 20-25k and tank dps can easily end up pushing 28-30k. It's padded dps of course, since they spike during the transitions and in phase 4, but if you're simply looking at meters that's how it is supposed to be.

And obviously, if they're beating dps and you aren't even getting to phase 4, then yeah, there's a problem.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Crafted one of those 630 weapons for my 91 sham and holy shit is that thing beast. Got a few more epics to throw on him today. I'll have my blood-bitch soon enough. Not even sure if it's worth upgrading crafted epics anymore, though.
Ya I made a pair and did one level of upgrade of them on my level 91 shaman. That made leveling to 100 STUPIDLY fast and easy. It was fun in dungeons to with me doing 50%+ more damage than the next highest guy.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The only thing thats annoying about kicking people out of a raid right now is that the butt hurt is extreme with some and theyll pull the boss and kill everyone just to say fuck you. Its funny as shit when they pull and die before the boss aggros, but still annoying as fuck when they succeed. They really need to put in some kind of attachment code, so that if you are kicked from the raid - if you aggro something, the aggro is attached to you and only you unless someone else attacks.

Ya I made a pair and did one level of upgrade of them on my level 91 shaman. That made leveling to 100 STUPIDLY fast and easy. It was fun in dungeons to with me doing 50%+ more damage than the next highest guy.
The loot list is already available for whats available in the next patch. Crafted Epics are still pretty high in the list (670's). Remember, not all drops are tuned specifically to your class where you can keep rerolling stats until they line up perfectly for you. Thats three Best in Slot pieces unless you run Mythic HM and at times, depending on the class, BIS till Mythic BRF.

-- What Im doing is just stock piling daily crafting components, just in case they release some new crafting schematics. You only have to wait till the 3rd to find out any special shit they may have not released yet.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Mythic Brackenspore next, need one of you internet "ladies" to blow on my dice.

Kinda funny - I looked at the logs of the two guilds that rejected my app based on our last Rerolled heroic log not being uber enough (~28k all the way through and their logs are shit) I topped their hunters by 5-10k on every fight this week, and would have been #1 overall on several fights, and both of their guilds wiped a bunch to Imp and mythic kargath while we 18 manned him. So their retarded corporate HR recruitment process did me a favor, as I wound up in a much better guild just by joining their mythic Twins progression run as a pug and getting tagged immediately after the kill.

Video game schadenfreude, rah.

Fuck "applying" to a guild. Just hang in chat looking for a pug slot.

EDIT: Also ticking my jimmies - the mythic legs I got from the follower mission are still BIS in BRF, as is my crafted wrist that I'll upgrade.