World of Warcraft: Forever

rolien

Golden Knight of the Realm
344
352
Seems they really are using this as a beta and not as an easy cash grab. They are making big changes not tiny ones.

They've been going out and saying that this should be where new players start if they're first time WoW players.

I think they realize that retail just isn't new player friendly. If you miss pretty much the first week of a new season you're kinda SoL might as well just give up.

They've put in so much bullshit to where players can just judge you by inspecting you. Oh you don't have ahead of the curve? Well you can't do the normal raid. Don't got 3k mythic+ score? Well you ain't doing mythic+.

Just to much bullshit, you also get max level in a day you don't actually learn your class better go online and do your research.

It's a horrible 1st time experience.
 
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
47,913
131,978
Oh I get it. They stripped out all the good and simple stuff outside of transmog and housing. Effectively making a game that requires a socialized e-peen just to do anything in. Making it a worse version of Path of Exile in every way conceivable. It is honestly why Asmon was a good barometer. A 12 hour a day wow addict but hated Mythic+ and Retail raiding turned gay so what do you do? Grind transmogs and other things that normal people can do.

Can a brother just kill monsters, hang out with people? Do some engaging dungeon content, get cool loot and do neat things? Without all the other faggot shit?
 
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
20,142
57,328
Have had multiple friends tell me their classic guild died the day this was announced. Same with a lot of retail players as well. Hype train is strong!
I may have overshot with my 2-3 years prediction for Forever to become the premier version of WoW over Retail.
 
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,484
18,350
Rogue was one of my two choices for main, but I wonder if their single target strength means they're middle to last in AoE style fights?

While I haven't looked at WoW: Forever at all, it will probably depend on the length of the fight. The AoE on short lived mobs will be were mages and maybe warriors dominate, then locks and hunters under them. On longer lived adds, where the rogue can get rupture up on multi mobs, it will probably be pretty competitive. Then a 2 or 3 mob cleave fight should be warriors and rogues at the top.

Different specs will perform differently, of course. If you want to be a gay pirate and use swords, you can get blade flurry and adrenaline rush every 2 minutes to up the short term AoE. If you want to be a real rogue and use daggers, yet still keep good multi/cleave, then hemo might be best, although Sub was more a PvP spec in Vanilla. Ultimately, with the highest boss dps, even staying daggers in assassination (like 30/8/13) shouldn't really be much of a handicap as I don't remember AoE being nearly as prevalent in Vanilla as it is on live.

Of course that all depends on how they are changing balance and how the new zones are set up. From what I remember in vanilla, rogues were already top single target on 80% of the raid fights, when they mattered (progression where healers could not afford to let warriors stand in the fire).
 

Hadden

Trakanon Raider
41
48
Can a brother just kill monsters, hang out with people? Do some engaging dungeon content, get cool loot and do neat things? Without all the other faggot shit?
What about memories? Are you cool with those too? If so, I know a game
 

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
2,330
1,126
While I haven't looked at WoW: Forever at all, it will probably depend on the length of the fight. The AoE on short lived mobs will be were mages and maybe warriors dominate, then locks and hunters under them. On longer lived adds, where the rogue can get rupture up on multi mobs, it will probably be pretty competitive. Then a 2 or 3 mob cleave fight should be warriors and rogues at the top.

Different specs will perform differently, of course. If you want to be a gay pirate and use swords, you can get blade flurry and adrenaline rush every 2 minutes to up the short term AoE. If you want to be a real rogue and use daggers, yet still keep good multi/cleave, then hemo might be best, although Sub was more a PvP spec in Vanilla. Ultimately, with the highest boss dps, even staying daggers in assassination (like 30/8/13) shouldn't really be much of a handicap as I don't remember AoE being nearly as prevalent in Vanilla as it is on live.

Of course that all depends on how they are changing balance and how the new zones are set up. From what I remember in vanilla, rogues were already top single target on 80% of the raid fights, when they mattered (progression where healers could not afford to let warriors stand in the fire).
Rogues have no energy gain mechanic in this, they will absolutely not be rupturing "multiple" mobs.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,484
18,350
Rogues have no energy gain mechanic in this, they will absolutely not be rupturing "multiple" mobs.
Relentless Strikes gives energy and a few others add extra combo points? WoW has blended together in memory, so it's a bit hard keeping track of what era gets what abilities. I remember combo points being attached to mobs inhibiting target switching but that got changed fairly early? I'm pretty sure I remember putting poison and rupture on 2 or 3 mobs in cleave boss fights, but again, it's been ages.
 

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,577
14,166
Whatever the case, it’ll still likely main Rogue unless the guild lacks proper shaman or warrior DPS. I just love the rogue tool kit.
 
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,484
18,350
No relentless strikes here, and CP are mob specific and reset if you use an ability on another mob.
The WoWhead talent calculator is wrong? They used to be on top of getting that 100% accurate, as soon as possible.
 

Burns

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
9,484
18,350
They fired most of their staff recently.
Ah, well that sucks. Is there any newer sites that popped up to take it's place? If they are really doing new stuff, I'm kinda interested in this, but played so much vanilla and wow in general that all the old zones are seared into my brain where Classic never appealed to me. Plus, I actually liked the leveling journey.
 

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
<Bronze Donator>
32,693
64,545
Ah, well that sucks. Is there any newer sites that popped up to take it's place? If they are really doing new stuff, I'm kinda interested in this, but played so much vanilla and wow in general that all the old zones are seared into my brain where Classic never appealed to me. Plus, I actually liked the leveling journey.
Not that I know of. They might stop sucking if Forever breathes some life back into WOW.
 

Burren

Golden Baronet of the Realm
7,577
14,166
I recognize all of the changed talents in the Combat tree. Same as what's shown on WoWhead. I'd have to assume they're both correct.
 

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
2,734
2,368
While I haven't looked at WoW: Forever at all, it will probably depend on the length of the fight. The AoE on short lived mobs will be were mages and maybe warriors dominate, then locks and hunters under them. On longer lived adds, where the rogue can get rupture up on multi mobs, it will probably be pretty competitive. Then a 2 or 3 mob cleave fight should be warriors and rogues at the top.

Different specs will perform differently, of course. If you want to be a gay pirate and use swords, you can get blade flurry and adrenaline rush every 2 minutes to up the short term AoE. If you want to be a real rogue and use daggers, yet still keep good multi/cleave, then hemo might be best, although Sub was more a PvP spec in Vanilla. Ultimately, with the highest boss dps, even staying daggers in assassination (like 30/8/13) shouldn't really be much of a handicap as I don't remember AoE being nearly as prevalent in Vanilla as it is on live.

Of course that all depends on how they are changing balance and how the new zones are set up. From what I remember in vanilla, rogues were already top single target on 80% of the raid fights, when they mattered (progression where healers could not afford to let warriors stand in the fire).
Take it from this guy who has no idea what he’s talking about. Perfect characterization of a retail player. Just knows it all, has all the answers.