World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The server is going to feel extremely packed being condensed to a handful of zones.

The reality is sobering though, there isn't really going to be fuck all to do.

Twinked lvl 25 bgs are really the only reusable content you can do at any given time. I can imagine the resources will be very very slim and incredibly useless at the same time.

All those runes don't really mean shit outside of the 10 man, you just are not going to be running stockades at 25 for any length of time.

Deadmines? That's basically what you'll be doing to get to 25. Then you can search around for some prebis which is comical at 25. Maybe a shadowfang run which could be cool, once.

Everyone looks like a baby poo pallette as well.

With all that in mind i hope the 10 man is really good. The future dungeons like BRD im really interested in.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Its why for me, I will try a bunch of classes. Like you said , the cap doesn't provide much(which is both good and bad). Do the new raid a few times, check out the ashenvale pvp thing, do some fun lower level pvp, a few dungeons and then move on. Once out of things I want to try and play, be done until next phase. Not going to sit there trying to find bis in every slot, farm for gold or other nonsense.

I think the level 40 phase will be a bit more exciting, with more talents, stv should be hilariously fun on a pvp server and some new raid. Maybe they will make STV the pvp event zone like ashenvale.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The server is going to feel extremely packed being condensed to a handful of zones.

Twinked lvl 25 bgs are really the only reusable content you can do at any given time. I can imagine the resources will be very very slim and incredibly useless at the same time.

All those runes don't really mean shit outside of the 10 man, you just are not going to be running stockades at 25 for any length of time.

Deadmines? That's basically what you'll be doing to get to 25. Then you can search around for some prebis which is comical at 25. Maybe a shadowfang run which could be cool, once.

With all that in mind i hope the 10 man is really good. The future dungeons like BRD im really interested in.

PVP servers will be fun, a lot of fun.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

That’s all temporary and there’s plenty of time to try more than one class before the lvl cap goes up

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shit, half the WoW players I've met will still be leveling to 25 when the cap raises. They'll have every class on both sides at a variety of levels 8-24 tho.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
That’s all temporary and there’s plenty of time to try more than one class before the lvl cap goes up

Think I'd rather just not play into the next cap before doing the 1-20 leveling 8 times to try classes I've already experienced both in wotlk and vanilla. I loathe leveling.

I've never played paladin but that's one instance it might be worth checking out but for the rest? Meh if you hated it before the runes you'll hate it after.

I would suggest if you like a particular class, play that class, it will be much better on this server, regardless of what you pick.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Our accounts last played 6 years ago (wow), Know if we can start some free to play characters to brush her up on how to play, then I subscrube and refer a friend her? In turn, anyone interested in maybe snagging a freeby off me? No guarantee how long I'll play. (I might die in surgery friday who knows)

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Actually a strong response. In addition, even if you have rerolls from whatever factors to go to 'the main server' the initial player base will at least partially be more dispersed via going in blind.

Edit: I'm such a normie with my normie responses.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am shocked they dont have the tech yet to just do 1 major server for each type. So 3 servers per region. And then layer it down from there.

I get it for not having in retail, since people pay for transfers. But for something like this, seems perfect.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
100% guarantee there aren't enough layers per server to handle the number of players who will be doing SoD.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user