World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So will this launch through the Wow Classic launcher on the battlenet app or will it be separate? In other words, should one go ahead and download classic in preparation for this?

My body and mind are ready. Still going huntard, east coast alliance. Still stoked despite the nerfs. Going to be a shit show of hilarious proportions the next few weeks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So will this launch through the Wow Classic launcher on the battlenet app or will it be separate? In other words, should one go ahead and download classic in preparation for this?

My body and mind are ready. Still going huntard, east coast alliance. Still stoked despite the nerfs. Going to be a shit show of hilarious proportions the next few weeks.
Classic and classic hardcore seemed to be different downloads but sharing files, so I think having classic might speed you up a bit downloading I'd think a specific client

Ping me which server

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Can we not pick the busiest fucking server like we did with Whitemane for classic guild? Jesus Christ those multi-hour queues forced me to move elsewhere.

The meta being to pick a big server and out-stubborn everyone else fucking sucked.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pretty sure they said that wont be an issue this time.
lol..

I expect a nightmare through at least the weekend.

Will be pleasantly surprised if not.
I didnt play wow classic, what's everyones thoughts on tradeskills. I remember in vanilla, stuff like blacksmithing was am utter pain in the dick, and didn't really have anything that rewarded the smith directly that you couldn't just buy from another other than maybe arcanite reaper?

Not sure what the best for 2 characters not being hardcore would be, Herb/alch and tailor/enchant, or enchant probably a waste of time if you arn't try harding, in which case maybe skinning as an extra loot pickup? Fuck for all I know engineering might almost be worthwhile if they change anything.

I think I am going to just do double gathering at first, just to get mats, so mining/skinning, mining/herb. Then pick one later. Since like others have said, things like tailor/lw/bs are getting new bop recipes. Also selling those materials at the start is a very good way to get some infusion of gold right off the bat, when prices are sky high.

And fish.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Getting the fishing hat from stranglethorn fishing should be a good move for phase one as well, if I remember from pvp twinks back in the day, big pile of stamina

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How is it different to be on an RP server? I’ve never done that before. Just played regular pvp

I feel like it would be rolling on a server full of Karens. Don't fit into their viewpoint and they throw a fit or report you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I've played on Moonguard for a time (think it was one of the bigger RP servers) - the good is, it usually stays really active and there are always groups for stuff, the bad is, everyone is a giant pussy and you'll get gkicked/kicked from raids constantly (at least I was) for saying shit that would otherwise be hilarious to normal humans.

• 1Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I read WSG was 100% yes and like szeth said tied to the ashenvale pvp thing.

Haven't heard a thing about AB. I assume that is in the next phase, for the mid 30s. So probably where the next pvp event will go also. If the pattern follows.

I expect AV to be last, just because of the level of the mobs/bosses in there.

Is there one for the 40-50 phase?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
If anyone else is rolling RP PvP Horde I would do a leveling duo for a few hours Thursday night, and I took Friday off. Going druid so I'll be starting in Mulgore.

• 1Like

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If anyone else is rolling RP PvP Horde I would do a leveling duo for a few hours Thursday night, and I took Friday off. Going druid so I'll be starting in Mulgore.
I have Thursday - Sunday off. I'll level with your or anyone else.

We can have alliance and horde characters on the same server?