World of Warcraft: Season of Discovery

Your faction and server type?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jasker

brown please <Wow Guild Officer> /brown please
Pick your server and faction, if it’s looking chill I might roll something and let Jasker Jasker recruit me to his guild. Chimney Chimney and @Guttermouth can pick my class

The thing with the servers, also, is we don't know what (if anything) they'll do with Supercharged Chronoboon Displacer.

Without Chronoboon, on a PVP server, it's guaranteed hell for us next summer when real raids open up.

What I mean by hell: people like tiny violin are currently right now booster his priest army to literally grief my faction at every potential song flower pick and port. (I hate to plug the dude but he's on a certain T platform streaming his dispels). It will be just as bad as when we got Buffs back In the day but likely worse, unless the developers mentioned something about this I don't know.

I'll be playing both horde and alliance.

I keep going back and forth with things though.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Pick your server and faction, if it’s looking chill I might roll something and let Jasker Jasker recruit me to his guild. Chimney Chimney and @Guttermouth can pick my class

You know what to do.

Only gripe with this phase is L25 stealth is slow af to roam in and they should have added shadowstep instead of shadowstrike which is a useless skill in almost every situation imo.

Plus outlaw skills and the prospect of tanking is pretty dope.

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You fellas should play a west coast server. I'm a poor priest with slow internet! Have mercy!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm really liking the idea of a Mage with off heals, Tanklock sounds fun as hell, Shaman tickles my interest and will likely be my Horde side alt. Rogue doesn't grab me, but it could just be I've never really played Rogue enough to know off hand how they are looking. That and Paladin are the only two I don't have much interest in rolling.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
The level gating is going to make things real fucked up. The Barrens, Redridge, and so on are not enough to contain a whole server's worth of players.

If you roll Horde, hit RFC as early and as often as possible. Grind out levels while everyone fights for mobs. Then WC/SFK/BFD. Or atleast get far enough ahead of the curve to make it easier on yourself.

But yes, it'll probably be an utter and complete shit show, which is part of the experience.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
What are the best 2handers at level 25?

Screenshot_20231113_203103_Chrome.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
thats the thing literally every class seems OP.

I am worried about long term viability of non-plate tanks since they have confirmed its Vanilla mechanics not wotlk+, which means crushing blows are in and going to fuck people up.

Rogues and warlocks and even shaman later on should be able to tank dungeons np until cap. but after that point...

if it were wotlk+ the +6% chance to not be crit would be all it takes for non-plates to tank, but in Vanilla without parry, dodge, AND block and the ability to increase one or more of those to the point that crushing blows are removed off the hit table then shit like warlock tanks especially are just gonna get deleted by crushing blows.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Rogue, Lock and Shaman tanks seem like just a bandaid for dungeon tanking. For raids you’ll need a class that can stack AC.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Rogue can get to 100% avoidance (no melee can hit only spells/ranged) in this era so they will do just fine for a large portion of content assuming they can keep threat etc.

• 1Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rogue can get to 100% avoidance (no melee can hit only spells/ranged) in this era so they will do just fine for a large portion of content assuming they can keep threat etc.
Haven't been following this rune thing close, but Wowhead lists a rogue rune that turns feint into taunt and makes all damage deal extra threat.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Personally I think letting everyone being able to tank and heal is going to make the game not feel "classic". Ir's just another attempt at homogenization they've tried over the years. I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea don't really see that lasting either. The only real class balance issue is that tanking in classic is frustrating to play so no one wants to do it. The changes to war/pal seem to be good steps towards fixing some of the issues.

• 1Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Personally I think letting everyone being able to tank and heal is going to make the game not feel "classic". Ir's just another attempt at homogenization they've tried over the years. I'm hoping I'll be proven wrong.
Exactly, this is going to be shitty. No one was asking "what if you brought discount WoD ability bloat to Classic tho???". These aren't curated additions to classic to fix some retrospective major ability or access issues (e.g. paladin taunt, weapon skill gear, buff parity for shaman).

It's even clumsier when you consider that none of these bonus abilities have any related talents or synergies. So ya ok mage heal... With zero talents. What's the difference between a classic spec with talents but lacking critical skills (e.g. prot paladin) vs. a skill or two but no talents? Nothing, it's actually just dumb everyone can do a little bit of everything retail class garbage.

These new role meme skills can't work because if they do, they will only do so by being broken as fuck (e.g. rogue tank with 100% evasion), they can't work organically. That means they're going into this with expectations that this is all silly shit that definitionally is nonviable at 60.

I know everyone is hyped, but IMO this rune system is a huge miss and highly likely to make people dismiss this as a dumb fun server that's not really worth investing into. They already risked that by making the level 25 end game pit stop, does anyone really think they have the next 4 updates ready enough to keep people's interest past two weeks?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Exactly, this is going to be shitty. No one was asking "what if you brought discount WoD ability bloat to Classic tho???". These aren't curated additions to classic to fix some retrospective major ability or access issues (e.g. paladin taunt, weapon skill gear, buff parity for shaman).

It's even clumsier when you consider that none of these bonus abilities have any related talents or synergies. So ya ok mage heal... With zero talents. What's the difference between a classic spec with talents but lacking critical skills (e.g. prot paladin) vs. a skill or two but no talents? Nothing, it's actually just dumb everyone can do a little bit of everything retail class garbage.

These new role meme skills can't work because if they do, they will only do so by being broken as fuck (e.g. rogue tank with 100% evasion), they can't work organically. That means they're going into this with expectations that this is all silly shit that definitionally is nonviable at 60.

I know everyone is hyped, but IMO this rune system is a huge miss and highly likely to make people dismiss this as a dumb fun server that's not really worth investing into. They already risked that by making the level 25 end game pit stop, does anyone really think they have the next 4 updates ready enough to keep people's interest past two weeks?
Reasonable complaints but in 2023 we gotta take what we can get. While rogue tank may suck the runes that do work with their talents may just make their damage busted AF.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Reasonable complaints but in 2023 we gotta take what we can get. While rogue tank may suck the runes that do work with their talents may just make their damage busted AF.
Sure and I'm willing to play this with an understanding that it's just a temporary "custom server mod". It's just not the whole OSRS style hog that I think most people wanted.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Yea don't really see that lasting either. The only real class balance issue is that tanking in classic is frustrating to play so no one wants to do it. The changes to war/pal seem to be good steps towards fixing some of the issues.
This has got to be the most ridiculous take in this thread full of ridiculous takes.

perhaps I stand corrected, this one might be:

Sure and I'm willing to play this with an understanding that it's just a temporary "custom server mod". It's just not the whole OSRS style hog that I think most people wanted.