World War Z

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
While that could go down a lot in the next few weeks...for the time being I would like to point out all my previous "It'll be an okay an entertaining movie if you go into it pretending it's not called World War Z" posts.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
It's kinda funny, if you read the actual reviews, they basically all say "it has zombies! but... it's just a vanity piece for Brad Pitt and isn't terribly good".
The Guardian ripped into it for 2 stars. Apparently
the final act involves the WHO director at a bunker in Wales, so I guess the government releaed the Z plague?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In the book we know it originated in China, and that the Chinese government knew about it very early on. Past that - biological weapon that escaped from the lab, natural disease, etc - is up to the reader. Who knows wtf will happen in the movie. Since it has nothing to do with the book, they can do whatever they want.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'll go see it, but it looks like it falls a bit short

the film bears unmistakable signs of having been assembled by a Hollywood studio over-preoccupied with earning a family-friendly certificate. Virtually all the violence takes place fractionally off-screen. Disappointingly, the final product is much more conventional than the book and avoids its most interesting and innovative qualities...'World War Z' isn?t terrible. Parts are impressive and exciting. But the incredibly long distance it falls short of its source material means it must rank as one of Hollywood?s most wasted opportunities."

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So your saying Hollywood had dropped the ball? Omg how could that have happened?

OneofOne

Maybe he's simply been too disheartened over his wife's boobs to focus on putting out a good movie.

Chillz

Bronze Knight of the Realm
From the looks of the trailer it's another zombie movie but with a pg13 rating and hilarious shitty looking cgi, yay.

Another Zombieland without the (bad) comedy and zombies on speed? Ok "infected" instead of "undead" zombies can work, but then again, I would have preferred "28 Months later" instead.

Why is this kind of shitty cgi in every fucking movie these days? I find it actually more distracting than anything. Do producers really look at this and think this video game look is fine?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From the trailer I saw last week this looked like a zombie movie but from a completely different perspective, a displaced government trying to maintain control of the situation. That would actually be interesting and I could do without massive zombie gore if it worked out.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I've seen the trailers, and thought there looked like some potential, but am very disappointed to see the rating.

So it's supposed to be a gore and violence reduced movie, that you can take your kids to??

But isn't this some Zombie Apocalypse on a massive scale?? Just stupid to try and tone down the very things that will give it meat.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Discombobulated mess from the get go. Why you would completely go off track from the book the name is based on? Great premise that has been ruined from the start. I like the displaced government perspective as well but PG13? Are these zombies upper class aristos who don't want to make a mess? Why would you take children to a zombie movie? Why pay for name recognition unless your story sucks?

Good thoughtless movie that will fix your zombie cravings until a far better form of entertainment(Walking Dead) is back on the air. Isn't it sad to see a huge expensive movie do just about everything worse than a small original budget TV series from AMC?

OneofOne

Psst The Walking Dead isn't any more "original" than this movie - it's based on a comic book.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The Walking Dead isn't good either, so his point loses on several fronts.

OneofOne

Then I guess it has something in common with this movie. I read the series up to issue 80ish(?) and it was good. Depressing and infuriating, but good.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
My bad and I agree about original being wrong. Better form of entertainment? Yes. More closely associated with the original source material. Yes as well. Good? Entirely subjective.