World War Z

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Enjoyable flick imo, but not great. Haven't read the book which is probably a good thing. A rated R version would have been a lot more interesting.

Haven't read the book which is probably a good thing.
Then go and read the book now, it's pretty good and tells the story of the geo-political, religious, environmental and social changes that result from a world wide zombie war and is also told from various perspectives
if they ever make a movie based on that book then it's gonna be great

Juvarisx

Florida
A movie didn't beat a Pixar movie?

12-ppm.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What I'm saying is that if you're going to get beat by a Pixar movie, why not go for the R anyway?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Getting "beat" by Pixar is irrelevant to them. Making it PG-13 and making more money is though.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Then go and read the book now, it's pretty good and tells the story of the geo-political, religious, environmental and social changes that result from a world wide zombie war and is also told from various perspectives
if they ever make a movie based on that book then it's gonna be great
I worded my statement poorly. I definitely plan on reading the book. Referring to having not read it as a good thing was just that it likely made it easier to enjoy the movie.

Bladefury

N00b
Also regarding Pitt and the blood, they did mention at one point that 5% (I think it was that number) of people were immune to the virus, so I figured he was (once again) lucky.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
When Pitt lands on boat, tucks his family into the bunks and goes to the command center, the movie shows various "goings on" from random angles, and during one of the angles, a scientist says "Around 5% of people infected don't show signs immediately".

I immediately leaned over and went "5% huh? Brad just drank a mouthful and is showing no signs huh? FORESHADOWING!", to which my friend laughed.

On the way home, after the film, he said "It's weird they made a point with the 5% thing but then it never came back up." and I said "I can only assume that was supposed to inform us of how it spread to different countries? Like, guy gets bit, gets on plane, flies home, days later turns and starts it up there? Just a guess, it wasn't really every explained. I really expected Brad to turn. Maybe all the AIDS he drank cured him?"

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
In the book they were called slow burners, and they did help spread the plaque, though no percentage was ever mentioned.

Bladefury

N00b
Well it would kind of line up with his ridiculous luck in the movie. In the real world, viruses usually don't kill 100% of hosts. I THINK the line stated was closest to "the virus affects 95% of people" rather than anyone saying 5% were immune. And I believe it was actually a headline on a TV screen he spots while on the boat.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I loved the idea from the book that one reason for the wide spread was Chinese transplant "donors". Pity that could never make it in the movie for fear of losing the precious China market.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I loved the idea from the book that one reason for the wide spread was Chinese transplant "donors". Pity that could never make it in the movie for fear of losing the precious China market.
The guy in Israel mentions that one possible way it spread is the black market organ trade.