Would you ever cheat on your other half?

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I think it's been said before, but if you see a relationship just being sex, you are not ready for one. Yes it does play an important roll but there is much more to it, just wait till one day the floor drops out and there is no one else but the lady that has been with you for a few years to be at your side. And yes, it can go bad as well, it's like anything in life, taking a chance. You just have to find the right one and seeing them as your only sex partner for the rest of your life is not a bad thing.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Had it done to me once when I was young, so I did it to the next couple girls I had a relationship with. Realized I just wasn't cut out for grown-up, monogamous relationships, so I stopped having them. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it sucks.

Big Derg_sl

shitlord
Why is that sort of mentality (which I can appreciate, don't get me wrong - but I am far from making that sort of commitment, yet) not make you just in it for the sex? Albeit, just with one person.

Promising or vowing to yourself or your SO you won't have sex with another person, places an extreme importance in sex. I thought exclusive relationships are way more than just the sex? Yea, it is presumed that if you're in that type of exclusive relationship you spend most, if not all, of your non-work time with your SO, but you aren't banging for most of that time. So why is it that so many people find it unforgivable, why is the line drawn there? "Oh you banged someone else, that you're never going to see again or put your life aside for, or never developed any real deep connection with - but our relationship that has gone on for 5, 10, 15, 20 years is completely invalid because of that. Really?

I just don't understand that. We set ourselves up for cheating being such a painful and unforgivable thing to find out about, we tell ourselves that is the end all, but should it? Yea, there are a lot of gray areas, but a lot of them exist because we're so unreasonable with it all.

Then again, I've always dated and been with open minded women that aren't threatening my life if I ever did. How is that healthy?

Also, I'm sure it is easier for some people than others. Living in less populated, small town type environments - don't interact with many people. Others live in big cities, college campuses, constantly separated from their SO because of work. Some of you are already married and probably have no choice in the matter, not to mention extremely biased.

I'm not saying cheat, because if you say something you do it and you shouldn't waste other peoples time. If you're promiscuous, let them know, if that doesn't phase them, then fine. But we're only human. Lastly, there is a reason this saying exist "Somethings are better left unsaid"
I can give you my personal reasons. Sex is a very intimate experience that I only wish to share with the person I'm in love with. Because I view sex as a symbol of my love for someone instead of a perk, I do stress importance in being faithful. By staying faithful I show my devotion.

I also don't have to worry about contracting an STD or bumping into some lunatic lover with a faithful woman.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
"swans mate for life" fuck you sweetheart, am going to give into my evolutionary urges. fuck it am not going to fight nature.
But if you cheat on me you fucking cunt bitch i'll fuck you up!!!!

Yes it hypocritical but life isn't fair.

wantonsoup_sl

shitlord
I meant with the wife having her friend and husband over saying, OH HE LIKES THIS TOO, YOU WILL BE GOOD FRIENDS, and both of us sitting there going, ya I'd rather not. Mean while you try to hang with your friend and his girl and get the I CANT STAND THAT BITCH!