WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
But those spell levels when you got the new frostbolt or the new water, oh man $
On the other hand, those levels just before you got new water where you could watch an entire episode of sopranos while your guy drinks between every fucking mob

And when it takes 17 frostbolts to kill an equal level

good times

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
On the other hand, those levels just before you got new water where you could watch an entire episode of sopranos while your guy drinks between every fucking mob

And when it takes 17 frostbolts to kill an equal level

good times
Yep. And having to drink 2 waters to fill up the mana D= Luckily at 60 there's plenty of +damage and +hit.

Dalien

Registered Hodor
It was fun leveling a mage and you get new blue gear and your mana goes up 80 so you can cast half of one extra frostbolt before OOM.

OMG
Blue and even a lot of the epic gear was trash for vanilla mages. Random greens "of the ____" gear with +frost damage on it was the secret sauce to top damage meters every fight.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Blue and even a lot of the epic gear was trash for vanilla mages. Random greens "of the ____" gear with +frost damage on it was the secret sauce to top damage meters every fight.
Just required the right blues and epics, really. It was all about that +hit and + damage -- lots of BRD level gear was better than MC gear for mages. The belt from arena for instance with +2 hit (gordok sash?) was BIS til BWL.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It was fun leveling a mage and you get new blue gear and your mana goes up 80 so you can cast half of one extra frostbolt before OOM.

OMG
If you were equipping blues you were doing it wrong as a caster. Of the Eagle bro.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Only an hour left...

rrr_img_132108.jpg

Honestly, I'd take Nostralrius overcrowdedness then sitting in an que.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Only an hour left...

Honestly, I'd take Nostralrius overcrowdedness then sitting in an que.
I played Nost for like 2 hours and it was totally impossible to even do any quests. Every quest mob and item was camped by 5 people.

Queues suck but I honestly wasn't playing even though I could "log in"

Khane

You guys are making these vanilla servers sound like ultra garbage. I thought the point of this thread was to keep the rose tint fresh and exciting. Not cover it in shit.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
That's just the new Kronos server. Their other server has no wait ATM.

No wait on Rebirth, either.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
You guys are making these vanilla servers sound like ultra garbage. I thought the point of this thread was to keep the rose tint fresh and exciting. Not cover it in shit.
Apparently on the Nost PvP server there were guilds doing nothing but "world PvP" where geared 60's rampaged lowbie areas killing everyone and corpse camping for hours...

Vanilla nostalgia indeed

Yes I know this happened back then too

xzi

Mouthbreather
The great part was dishonorable kills and running into the inn and hoping someone would cleave and hit a random npc, sure you died but you took like 30% of their honor for the week. Good times

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Don't even bother hitting up kronos 2 for the next few days. Starter areas are swamped.

But hey... No one wants to play classic, rite?

Tenks

Reminds me of the time Valve invited the guy who leaked the Half Life source to Seattle and arrested him when he landed

Tenks

Nost plz how do we increase backpack?
See where it says 16 here? Change it to a bigger number.
TYVM Nost

Khane

There's a lot of code tied to that hard coded global constant bro.

You change the bag size and all of a sudden people can't hit level 16 anymore. It's a big deal.