WWYD if your girlfriend said she was on birth control but wasnt and got preggo?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I wrapped up and pulled out on chics I don't want getting preggers. Its the dudes own fault.

If my gf/wife did that to me I would man the fuck up and start collecting Star Wars toys again under the guise of being a good father.

Ben_sl

shitlord
demotivational-posters-falcon-punch.jpg

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
The per year costs were supposed to illustrate that your figure was way too high. Median family income is actually below $1M/18.
Well the amount of bullshit a kid adds to your life has to be insurmountable thats why i dont want to have kids, and why does that just not seem right, when i worked with kids the clothes/ipads/ipods/phones etc it all adds up to a pretty penny, drug money and welfare money, i did work for parks n rec in the hood.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
God doesn't play dice bro. If your woman becomes pregnant while taking the pill she either forgot to take it or did not take it on purpose.

Unless your woman is on something like a iud or the arm implant, stick to condoms or the very least pulling out.
There is no God and our medicine is manufactured in a third world shithole by the lowest bidder. That shit failed me. And failed America.

Still waiting on male birth control, they have been sayin it was ready for medical trials YEARS ago. Budweiser probably has the labels waiting for it sitting in a file somewhere

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
There is no God and our medicine is manufactured in a third world shithole by the lowest bidder. That shit failed me. And failed America.
Statistically the odds of that being the case are orders of magnitude lower than it being a result of your wife not taking it.

TPDDODD_sl

shitlord
I though the average cost to raise a child per year was around 24k butwiki'ingshows it to be about 13k a year which is about 24k in our case for two kids. Still 50k is on the pretty expensive side of things.
Depends on whether you are middle class, upper middle class or rich. But that goes without saying.

What doesn't go without saying though is if you want to give your kid the best chance in life, then you're talking about private schooling; and that, with its multiplicity of new demands may double the the basic costs.

By the way, if you can afford the sacrifice, there is a very good chance private school will be worth it.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
God doesn't play dice bro. If your woman becomes pregnant while taking the pill she either forgot to take it or did not take it on purpose.
Most of the time decided not to take it on purpose because she was "ready" or wanted a baby, father's opinion on the matter be damned. But yeah, 99% of guys who the pill "failed" means she didn't take it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
could he just sign over all rights to the kid to her, AND NOT have to pay any kinda child support? just curious if shes gonna get his money if he puts up a fight or not, because he clearly dosent want a kid and having one is impacting him negatively.
I never had any kids but most of my friends do. I am pretty sure this won't absolve you. You also assume said woman would be okay with letting him try to get out of child support, not likely. If its your kid man the fuck up and be a dad.

Ben_sl

shitlord
Some women say that the actual farther of their child, is not good enough to be the farther of her child: completely blows my mind.
hello - egg - sperm - a child only gets one farther.

Case in point Sarah Palin's daughter.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
The per year costs were supposed to illustrate that your figure was way too high. Median family income is actually below $1M/18.
If you compound the actual amount amount spent by 7% over the remaining time period it probably comes out to a million.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
If you compound the actual amount amount spent by 7% over the remaining time period it probably comes out to a million.
Don't forget the present value of debt accrued during that time, either.

As far as birth control failures, they're higher than you think. However, due to the timing of fertility vs sex the incidence of pregnancy given proper birth control use is somewhat lower than stated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...mparison_table